GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 12:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MS in supply chain Query

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
MS in supply chain Query  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2018, 20:28
Hi everyone.

I have been a silent spectator here for a while. Never posted anything till now as I generally gain insights from others experiences, but now I have reached a situation that I cannot proceed without any further help.

Any info provided by you will help me tremendously, so please take out some to help me with the below questions.

So a little bit about myself.
I am a mechanical engineer. I have a total of 6+ years of work experience, 5 of which was in a leading global automotive company as part of the global product development and 1+ year in a leading global aerospace company as part of the integrated system design team.

I always had plans to do an MBA majoring in supply chain or operations. But as you know the MBAs in USA are not stem credited (hence I cannot apply for the STEM OPT extension) so I started looking for MS in supply chain or operations or other stem business programs.

Now that I have provided a brief history, these are my questions.

1.. Is it possible to transition to supply chain role with 6-7 years' work experience in product development after doing MS in supply chain?! Also will my work ex give me any competitive advantage even though it is not exactly supply chain exp?

2. Another degree that interests me MS is industrial engineering/operation research. I am not able to apply to any such courses because they require GRE and I have GMAT score. Are there any colleges that provide MS in industrial Engineering and accept GMAT scores?
Also the average work ex of the class is quite less compared to mine. Do u think that will be a disadvantage for me?

Thank you for taking time to go through my post and helping me out. :)
Intern
Intern
S
Re: MS in supply chain Query  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2018, 12:06
I believe your work experience should always give you a competitive advantage! Even if it's not the same field you still learned valuable and transferable skills.

Most schools will require the GRE, but I've heard that the exam is actually easier and cheaper than the GMAT.

Good luck!

Kudos are appreciated
Intern
Intern
B
Re: MS in supply chain Query  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2018, 07:18
Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I have already given GMAT hence I was wondering if there are some colleges available that accepts GMAT.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MS in supply chain Query &nbs [#permalink] 10 Sep 2018, 07:18

MS in supply chain Query

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: carcass

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap