It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 23:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MS in USA. It worth?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

MS in USA. It worth? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2017, 10:08
As European due to Brexit I'm looking for a good postgraduate to do in USA for breaking into Investment Banking. Do you think it worth? You can work/live in USA later?
I've seen the offer of Kellogg MSc Management, Berkley Financial Engineering, Brandeis MSc Finance..
European, 22 yrs old. Currently undergrad student in business administration with a major in finance.

Really thank you guys,

Cheers

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 2

GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MS in USA. It worth? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2017, 05:03
Gekko wrote:
As European due to Brexit I'm looking for a good postgraduate to do in USA for breaking into Investment Banking. Do you think it worth? You can work/live in USA later?
I've seen the offer of Kellogg MSc Management, Berkley Financial Engineering, Brandeis MSc Finance..
European, 22 yrs old. Currently undergrad student in business administration with a major in finance.

Really thank you guys,

Cheers

In the end, everything depends on the H1B visa and the way it is chosen. My friends had a hard time even finding a company to intern with since they were international students. Companies are still unsure and thus the recruiting has been a little slow.

Hit +1 Kudos If you like my post! :)

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MS in USA. It worth? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2017, 12:02
Yes Definitely it has great worth if you are applying in berkely or other top universities.
But in my opinion doing Ms from Europe is a better option for you since you are a citizen.
Plz elaborate, what impact does brexit bring to your life and on you education.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

MS in USA. It worth? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2017, 05:18
To take admission in MS in U.S.A here are few fixed rules like

You must have 16 years of education i.e. 10+2 with
A four years of degree
Or
three years of degree + diploma
Or
Post graduation

Certificate of Academic record of SSC, HSC and graduation or post graduation or diploma etc.

But most of the Universities do not have any fixed academic percentage rather it varies every year depending on the percentage scored by the top rank holder. All the Universities have a Test of English as a Foreign Language score, shortly IELTS /TOEFL Score which is considered during admission.

Advantages of a degree from a reputed foreign university below point-wise:

Whole world knows about a reputed foreign university.

After completion of your degree, you can take appointment wherever in the world.

They offer confirm placements.

Many of them give a fair chance to take paid academic appointment for teaching or research on part time or full time basis.

Hope you are able to find your reply positively here and I suggest you to go ahead to study abroad

Best of luck.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

MS in USA. It worth?   [#permalink] 07 Sep 2017, 05:18

MS in USA. It worth?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap