GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 11:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

My experience with Experts' Global MBA admissions consulting

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge
My experience with Experts' Global MBA admissions consulting  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 12:31
I first came to know about Experts' Global through their offer on GMAT club - One month Free trial of GMAT prep courses and GMAT Mocks.

I must say that EG GMAT prep course helped me a lot. It really boosted my verbal score. Their prep course is exactly what they claim to be - "most complete GMAT program"
I feel they are underrated here on GMATclub and not enough people are talking about their course. I would really recommend anyone preparing for GMAT to go through their program. Their mocks gave me the closest score to my actual GMAT and GMAC mocks. The interface is GMAT-like and questions are a good mix - like you would see on the actual GMAT. The video solutions and topic explanations are extremely helpful. I genuinely thank Maxximus. He has done a wonderful job!

You can request for the one month trial using below link
https://gmatclub.com/forum/free-access-to-world-s-most-complete-gmat-program-experts-global-261919-560.html?fl=email#p2109846

Because I was happy with EG's GMAT prep course I reached out to them for admissions consulting. My experience was very different.

Aug 27: I first contacted EG to inquire about MBA admissions consulting
Aug 28: Got a reply with standard overview information and general questionnaire

I was busy preparing for GMAT. So my response to their questionnaire was delayed. I replied to them on Sep 3 to schedule a call
Then, there was silence from their side for next 9 days. I didn't pay much attention as I was taking GMAT on 18th

Sep 12: Got a reply that my email was "accidentally lost". They asked for time slots to schedule a call.

At this point, I thought it was better to take the call after I had my GMAT score.

Sep 19: I replied I was available anytime and they can call me at their convenience within PST business hours.

Silence for another couple of days.

Sep 21: I sent them an email again to schedule call. I was worried my email was "accidentally lost" again.

Sep 21: They scheduled a call with Devyani Mehrotra and Anchal Sharma for Sep 24, 9am PST

I accepted the invitation and I thought this was best as I had enough time to research about my target schools over the weekend.

Sep 24: Monday morning. I was all pumped up and prepared for the call. I notified my boss that I will come in late today due to some personal work. I was excited to start my application process.

I was waiting for 30 minutes, sitting with my phone, laptop, pen and paper to take notes. To my surprise, no one called. No emails or any rescheduling notifications. They just didn't call! I was hurt :cry:

I have read their other reviews and I still firmly believe that they are good at what they do. But now, I think that they are highly selective of their students.
If you are not a strong candidate then there is a high chance they will shun you.

I have a Masters degree from one of the top public ivy league universities in the united states.
I graduated on top of my class with a GPA of 3.9/4 (both in undergraduate and masters)
I have 3 and half years of work experience from one of the top wireless companies in the world
I have a GMAT score of 750

If your profile is in any way short of mine, I would recommend that you look for other counselling services.
Chances are that you will not be taken seriously by Experts' Global!

Note to EG MBA admission consulting :
If you do not want to work with a candidate, please say it directly. Scheduling a call and then not showing up is unacceptable.

Regards,
alpha
Manager
Manager
S
My experience with Experts' Global MBA admissions consulting  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 13:09
Dear alphak3nny001

Sorry to know about the difficulty you faced in reaching us. To not show-up on appointments without any intimation is definitely not our way of working and it seems to be a case of some miscommunication. We have students in all time zones and we always honor appointments. I regret the difficulty you faced. We run this company a lot of heart and any such message is very sad to read.

I am checking this internally and you will hear from us within the next few hours.

Just to clarify- yes, we are definitely selective about who we work with and we train only a pre-decided, limited number of students. However, our decision is based on other factors such as whether the candidate has reasonable expectations in terms of possible admits, whether one is showing willingness to follow the processes, how are the vibes in the communication etc. It is definitely not the strength in profile that decides our decision to work with a student- we do consult a handful of students with sub-600 scores as well, every year.

Thank you for your kind words about our GMAT online program. Happy to know that it helped.

To ensure that none of your time is wasted in delay, I am putting here, a source of 21 videos; please start watching them to begin some solid groundwork in the application process.

https://www.expertsglobal.com/mba-applications-help-videos/

Irrespective of whether we work together, we wish the best for you.

All the best.

Edit: I just heard from my team that they just tried reaching you but the call was not answered. You will receive a formal communication soon.

GMAT Preparation Online- World's Most Exhaustive GMAT Prep Program | Gain 7-days demo access (includes a full length test)

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Reviews Badge
Re: My experience with Experts' Global MBA admissions consulting  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 13:52
Hello Maxximus,

Thank you for the quick response. Sorry to hear your team could not reach me. I would really like to give it another shot.

Just a tip to avoid future misunderstandings - please instruct the team to send an email if the candidate was not reachable.

Regards,
alpha

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
S
Re: My experience with Experts' Global MBA admissions consulting  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 14:15
I see that when your call went unanswered, an email was sent to you by the person you had an appointment with. I see that you have given a confirmation for a call tomorrow.

Regarding the miscommunication, in our records, a call was made to you around 2100 Hrs IST for rescheduling the appointment. It's past 2 am here and the person who called you to reschedule is not available. Probably, she left you a voice message and you didn't realize, just the way you didn't realize the voice message some time back; she must not have backed the voice message with an email as it was quite late. We generally don't need to reschedule the appointments; it was an unforeseen impediment that kept the concerned person from calling you.

Anyway, let's take further communication over emails.

Good luck with everything.

alphak3nny001 wrote:
Hello Maxximus,

Thank you for the quick response. Sorry to hear your team could not reach me. I would really like to give it another shot.

Just a tip to avoid future misunderstandings - please instruct the team to send an email if the candidate was not reachable.

Regards,
alpha

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

GMAT Preparation Online- World's Most Exhaustive GMAT Prep Program | Gain 7-days demo access (includes a full length test)

GMAT Club Bot
Re: My experience with Experts' Global MBA admissions consulting &nbs [#permalink] 24 Sep 2018, 14:15

My experience with Experts' Global MBA admissions consulting

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap