Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:51 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: My GMAT exam scheduled on 31st July gets canceled automatically [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
AnkithaSrinivas wrote:
i faced the same issue :( i had to reschedule

This seems odd so many people are affected.
Perhaps there is an update coming? System update? That would be odd though… nothing is expected for the test-center Gmat.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: My GMAT exam scheduled on 31st July gets canceled automatically [#permalink]
Argp wrote:
I got a similar email, and one of friends received one as well. But another friend's exam didn't get cancelled. The dates were all close by and in nearby areas, so not sure what their cancellation criteria is!

Do u also have the test center in Gurugram...... on 31st July......

Now I am checking for rescheduling.... I am getting the same date, same center but a different time slot........
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 4
Send PM
bb wrote:
AnkithaSrinivas wrote:
i faced the same issue :( i had to reschedule

This seems odd so many people are affected.
Perhaps there is an update coming? System update? That would be odd though… nothing is expected for the test-center Gmat.

Posted from my mobile device

I had a similar issue. Last night I got an email stating the exam has been cancelled. However, I think this is because the test centre has changed its slot timings. Went to the website to check the available slots for the date I had booked, i.e. 26th July. I had a 0800 appointment initially (which got cancelled), and it seems that particular slot is entirely cancelled and they now have two slot timings - the first one at 0900 hours and the second one at 1500 hours.

To those who have faced similar issues, please check the availability of slots for the same date you had booked earlier, chances are this is happening to all the test centres in Delhi-NCR (Gurugram being a part of that).

Hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
gurmeet2022 wrote:
Argp wrote:
I got a similar email, and one of friends received one as well. But another friend's exam didn't get cancelled. The dates were all close by and in nearby areas, so not sure what their cancellation criteria is!

Do u also have the test center in Gurugram...... on 31st July......

Now I am checking for rescheduling.... I am getting the same date, same center but a different time slot........

gurmeet2022 no I had booked the CP Delhi centre. all the best to you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
The same incident happened with me. I received a GMAT exam cancellation email yesterday (30th July) by Pearson. My exam was scheduled to be on 7th August 2021 in the morning 8 AM slot in the CP center in New Delhi.

Please do let me know in case someone received the exam fee back from Pearson as this was auto cancellation.
Also, I hope the same issue is not happening when we are rescheduling the exam?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have contacted the Pearson customer care. But they have not told the exact reason.

As per feedbacks from other students, only 8 am batches exams are canceled. Don't know why?

You have to reschedule your exam.

I got my full refund automatically.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have rescheduled it for the 14th Aug. The only issue is, it is in the Gurgaon center for same time, 8 AM. Was it a wrong decision?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 154
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
My GMAT exam scheduled on 31st July gets canceled automatically [#permalink]
This is highly unprofessional. It seems unlikely that the cancellations would be because of COVID reasons. If these centres can't deliver the exam, why do they show an open slot and then cancel at the last moment? I I understand that it can happen at times, but it seems to be happening pretty frequently.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Absolutely Brian. It is such a unsettling situation where the GMAC/Pearson organizations are literally trying to play with the time of the candidates. As far as I am concerned, I stay in New Delhi, India. We do not have a lockdown here. Everything is open. I am very sure Covid is not a reason for cancellation.
I had scheduled my exam somewhere in May and I receive the cancellation on 30th july, just a week before my exam. Highly nonsensical.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 896
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36 (Online)
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Happened to one of my friends who had scheduled it for Aug 5 at Chennai centre. He had scheduled an early morning slot(8 am).
But I still haven't got my cancellation, as I have scheduled it for an afternoon slot at the same centre, same day. Not sure what is happening ! I am still worried if mine will get cancelled, and this is stressing me out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 159
GMAT 1: 530 Q36 V27
Send PM
How long does it take for the refund to reflect? I faced the exact issue and they said refund has been initiated. I paid through an American express credit card.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 159
GMAT 1: 530 Q36 V27
Send PM
gurmeet2022 wrote:
I got it in around 7 - 10 days on my credit card.

I paid for my exam through an AMEX card of my friend. On the payment page where we type the card details and cardholder name he typed his own details but on the appointment confirmation mail by gmat/pearson vue the cardholder name is my name (test taker). I’m a little worried because of the wrong name. Does anyone know what will happen or will it be a problem? bb
I made another appointment today with my father's card and the same thing happened, my name is written as the cardholder name.
I think they are putting the name on billing address as the cardholder name which doesn't make sense.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts