Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: My GMAT Story [#permalink]
After a basic grasp over the scope of the examination, I decided to get my hands on some basic study material for a quick revision of my basics.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got a few ebooks from a friend - the MGMAT materials and glanced through them for the next 2 weeks. There was no fixed routine for my study and I took it pretty casually. All I wanted to do is get to know where I stand and how far is 760 + ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
After I was done with the basic recap, I took a free full length test on MGMAT and scored a 600. The test was nerve wracking and I am sure to do better if I keep calm. Now I have enrolled for a course and will actually get into studying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Bookmarks
somnathbabu wrote:
After I was done with the basic recap, I took a free full length test on MGMAT and scored a 600. The test was nerve wracking and I am sure to do better if I keep calm. Now I have enrolled for a course and will actually get into studying.

Don't take this the wrong way, but there is no way in hell you can "casually study" and get a 760+ on the gmat unless you are Bunuel's twin or have a 2nd head. You just simply can't memorize enough idioms or cover enough quantitative concepts to score that high.

If you really want to crack 760, you need to do the following:

1) Read every mgmat book available. Read sentence correction and number theory twice. DO NOT take another practice test until you have read all the mgmat material.
2) Take your first GMATPrep test. Review your answers, see where your weaknesses are (use an error tracker), and decide how you are going to improve your weaknesses over time.
3) Spend at least a week reviewing your weakest area and building it up to become a strength/non-weakness.
4) Take another practice test (mgmat) and repeat step 3 after you have completed this process.
5) Rinse and repeat step 4 until you are consistently scoring in excess of 730 (if you are truly aiming for a 760+)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I am krishna mohan gupta. I wanted a good gmat score to get admission in mba program at Sprott School Of Business. I joined in the Princeton reviews centre at Raja Garden, new delhi after extensive research. The faculty of this centre is exceptional in terms of quality education and support it provides. First of all Aparna mam taught the verbal section in best possible way and helping the students by clearing the Doubts. I was really weak in the verbal section, so her classes helped me a lot. The faculty helped me by explaining which study materials I should be practicing. The quantative section was taught by virmani sir and anusheel madam. They were fabulous with all their detailed knowledge and suggestions. Their 24*7 help made the gmat prep easier. The best part was the faculty members even advised me through the application process. If one needs quality prep for gmat, one should go for Princeton reviews, Raja Garden centre, new delhi. Inspite of my bad headache on test day I was able to score 640, 50 in quants section & 27 in verbal section. I would say that aparna mam did a great job cause I messed up in the later part of test, still got a respectable score. Last but not the least, I eventually got admitted in my target university!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
robertsonsd wrote:
If you really want to crack 760, you need to do the following:

1) Read every mgmat book available. Read sentence correction and number theory twice. DO NOT take another practice test until you have read all the mgmat material.
2) Take your first GMATPrep test. Review your answers, see where your weaknesses are (use an error tracker), and decide how you are going to improve your weaknesses over time.
3) Spend at least a week reviewing your weakest area and building it up to become a strength/non-weakness.
4) Take another practice test (mgmat) and repeat step 3 after you have completed this process.
5) Rinse and repeat step 4 until you are consistently scoring in excess of 730 (if you are truly aiming for a 760+)

These are very good points. The only thing I would like to add is that even when you identify your strengths, make sure you are not neglecting your strong areas; in my case, I didn't pay much attention to quant (my strong area) and this was perhaps the reason I could not "crack 760".

Also, since you have already joined coaching, it might not be necessary (you might not even have time) to read "all mgmat" material; coaching material might be sufficient.

The only other point is that after going thru the material (coaching/mgmat) do a lot of practice questions, and focus on solving "official questions" (these are questions from OG/verbal reivew/quant review/GMATPrep). A lot of discussion on each and every official question is available on this very forum; especially read how "experts" (GMAT instructors) analyze each question. This, in itself, is a learning process.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37312 posts