Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:39 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship- Law-Finance
Schools:IE- ESCP - Warwick
GMAT 2: 560  Q42  V25
Send PM
Re: My Studyplan for the GMAT [#permalink]
Hi e1s,

I feel sympathy for you as in my country it is also very common to repeat one high school year (Even if I did not), very different from the UK/US system!

Be aware, GMAT is a global standart test, something we are not accustomed in some European country at all!

Where you from?
Have you got an IELTS/TOEFL score already? Being a non native speaker is clearly a disadvantage! (believe me even with a good english you will always "waste" more time by reading verbal and even quant questions)

I suggest you to take the GMAT prep first, to check your level both are free.

Register to GMAT course is also a precious recommendation!

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
Send PM
shovitdhar wrote:
Well, I think nobody can answer that question better than yourself . Each individual is unique.So some people might get their dream scores with 1-2 hours of consistent studies while other may have to put 6 hours of daily studies. However , if you'll browse through the forum,the general consent is that 2-3 hours of daily studies on the weekdays and 5-6 hours on the weekends,spread over a period of 100 days should be enough. However,again studying that much doesn't necessarily guarantee you a good GMAT score as it depends on a lot of other factors.

You have the right set of books and you need to make sure that you derive from them the most. Keep participating in the forums here and keep updating us about your progress as it will help you remain focused.

Great advice.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship- Law-Finance
Schools:IE- ESCP - Warwick
GMAT 2: 560  Q42  V25
Send PM
Kudos
Another thing if you are applying for a graduate program one repeated year in high school (not at the university) does not matter at all!! Since you have study an undergraduate since then!! Even people (it happen sometime) failed their first undegrad study year, afterward they achieve good grades each year, and can go to top universities!!

I would say GMAT is important, but it is more important (for a master) if you haven't a good average grade in all your study years. So if you average grade is good I wouldn't say you need a better GMAT thant the others...

Just my 2 cents for what it worth...
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Also take a look at the GMAT Fiction post and suggestions for the verbal study plan: study-plan-for-verbal-gmat-98342.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Duke007 wrote:
Another thing if you are applying for a graduate program one repeated year in high school (not at the university) does not matter at all!! Since you have study an undergraduate since then!! Even people (it happen sometime) failed their first undegrad study year, afterward they achieve good grades each year, and can go to top universities!!

I would say GMAT is important, but it is more important (for a master) if you haven't a good average grade in all your study years. So if you average grade is good I wouldn't say you need a better GMAT thant the others...

Just my 2 cents for what it worth...

I get already asked why my grades were so bad in high school during job interviews. Oxford has also interviews, so I am close to a 100% sure they will ask me the same question :P My undergraduate grades are good enough ;)

I am from Germany, but I study in the Netherlands ... And you? Can contact me by pm.

Thanks bb!! I definitely will have a look at that!
GMAT Club Bot