GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jan 2019, 13:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

ND with $$$ or UW with $

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
ND with $$$ or UW with $  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2018, 11:52
I got accepted by ND MBA+MSBA with full scholarship and UW MBA with some scholarship
and Olin full scholarship and Rice some scholarship
I am an international student, plan to stay in the US after school, aiming either tech or consulting( 2nd tier: EY and PWC etc)
Pre MBA: local buyside+ tech at F500, i would like to do buyside in the US but it is impossible
so i plan to go to either tech or consulting first, see if i can move to corp m&a in the future
I guess both ND and UW have pro and con
ND: cheap and 3 year opt, not sure if it is really helpful for international student
UW: strong in tech especially seattle and west coast, which is where i wanna stay after MBA, but i will have to pay some money
any suggestions?
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ND with $$$ or UW with $  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2018, 13:42
Congrats foster2019

As international, I would avoid Rice as I know many international turned their offers down after contacting many current students as it as not supportive for them. Here, I compare between Olin and ND. I do not know about tech in both. But consulting could be the same in both schools but in ND you would work with your alumni network who are supportive.

However, I see 2 things in ND: 3-opt (due to STEM MSBA) & the MSBS. My last year graduate friend from Kellogg told me that recruiters was asking fiercely if he has any STEM. It is very helpful. Secondly, Business analytics is hot job and on demand. You can blind your degree with working hard to get good offer. So, I'm leaning to ND.

Good luck
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2018, 14:09
thank you so much
how about Foster? i am debating if i should go to Foster or ND?
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
ND with $$$ or UW with $  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2018, 14:25
foster2019 wrote:
thank you so much
how about Foster? i am debating if i should go to Foster or ND?

I agree about Seatle strength in Tech but I would weigh what you will pay against what I get. While I agree from the link below that Foster sends significant numbers to tech compared to ND, I'm would accept the combination of MBA+ MBSA+3years+ full ride. I know it is hard but no one get everything. Again, that is me. I hope it is helpful.

https://foster.uw.edu/careers/full-time ... tatistics/
https://mendoza.nd.edu/assets/263258/nd ... _final.pdf
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 19:48
Happy New Year!

Congrats! What is “some”scholarship? What’s the final cost net of scholarships?

How long will ND take to complete the dual degree? Still 2 years and you get an internship?

Do you have a brand name on your resume? How strong is the F500? Will everyone know it?

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 19:55
bb wrote:
Happy New Year!

Congrats! What is “some”scholarship? What’s the final cost net of scholarships?

How long will ND take to complete the dual degree? Still 2 years and you get an internship?

Do you have a brand name on your resume? How strong is the F500? Will everyone know it?

Posted from my mobile device

hey bb, with scholarship, i will pay about 20k a year at Foster, nd's dual degree is still 2 years and we can do an internship
yes, i worked at 2 f500, both are top firms and i am sure everyone knows it
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 00:33
$20K is not a ton in the grand scheme of things but 3-year OPT is nice.
You should expect no on campus recruiting at ND but you should be able to leverage the ND name for networking with alums. One thing though is check the student body at ND - i have heard it was getting overwhelmingly international (perhaps it is getting fixed).

P.S. It is safety of Full Scholarship + 3-year OPT vs. an almost-guaranteed job at Foster. What do you feel is more important? You feeling lucky or conservative?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2019, 12:05
bb wrote:
$20K is not a ton in the grand scheme of things but 3-year OPT is nice.
You should expect no on campus recruiting at ND but you should be able to leverage the ND name for networking with alums. One thing though is check the student body at ND - i have heard it was getting overwhelmingly international (perhaps it is getting fixed).

P.S. It is safety of Full Scholarship + 3-year OPT vs. an almost-guaranteed job at Foster. What do you feel is more important? You feeling lucky or conservative?

hi bb thank you so much
i think finding a job in the US is the most important thing to me, hopefully at a tech firm or a 2nd tier consulting such as Pwc deloitte.
Current Student
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 15:36
3 years OPT is not a small incentive when you think from an international's perspective. For every successful international candidate there are 5 others who compromised on their dreams to pick whatever came their way. Once you get into MBA you realise that you don't have the option of experimenting and exploring because of the time constraint. You will realize that U.S is a land of opportunities and you are handicapped because of the limited time you have on your hands. 3 years is a lot of time! Freedom is priceless.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ND with $$$ or UW with $ &nbs [#permalink] 03 Jan 2019, 15:36

ND with $$$ or UW with $

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap