GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 14:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Need suggestions for a 600 !!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
Need suggestions for a 600 !!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 05:49
Studied for almost 6-7 months.Initial Score was 320 and today I have scored an abysmal 500. Need to stretch it to 600.

Really don't know what should I do next !!!!
I know there are souls out here who have overcomed in the best possible way from this type of situation. Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks good people.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
Re: Need suggestions for a 600 !!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 08:35
Hey, my good man! sadikabid27. Here is a four-point strategy to get a modest score.
4-5 hours of focussed study required.

Step 1

Visit this page. This is a link to the Question Bank. I'd suggest you check this checkbox "Difficulty: 600-700 Level" and select "Source: Official Guide" for each section and try and solve at least 15 questions of each section - EVERYDAY. Do use the GMAT Timer, as answers would get logged in your Error Log. Your score would directly depend on your disciplined and focused study.

Step 2

Always strive for 100% accuracy. Keep in mind - you are preparing, it is okay to spend as much time on each question as you'd like but get it correct. (Timing would eventually improve. You may work on it later.) Whether or not you get the answer, always scroll down, albeit for a short while, and examine the solutions by the good people here on GMATClub. (Check how have people eliminated the four incorrect answer choices and why is the fifth one correct. Award answers with Kudos, if you like the response. Get involved in the discussion if you think you have a good point to add or simply ask queries which bother you.)

Step 3

After exhausting some 100-120 questions of each section, take it up a notch by repeating step 1, this time select "Difficulty:700 Level" and practice as many questions as you'd like. First go with the Official questions, from the OG and the Verbal Review/Quant Review, then go on to solve from the myriad of other sources listed there. (Do not select GMATPrep right away as solving those questions would inflate your score when you take the mocks, but do practice them as and when your exam approaches.)

Step 4

Review your Error Log every week and use the analytics there to determine what are your weaknesses. Work on them, revisit those topics again by solving questions from that specific topic. And how would you find those questions? Go back to Step 1, select the topic of your choice this time from the Question Bank and work your way forward.

Step 5

Drop a Kudos down below. ;)

Feel free to reach out anytime.

sadikabid27 wrote:
Studied for almost 6-7 months.Initial Score was 320 and today I have scored an abysmal 500. Need to stretch it to 600.

Really don't know what should I do next !!!!
I know there are souls out here who have overcomed in the best possible way from this type of situation. Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks good people.

Posted from my mobile device

Stuck in the 600-700 score bracket? I welcome you to read my four-step course of action to a modest score.
I also invite you to critique and help me find flaws in my modus operandi. Thanks!

Re: Need suggestions for a 600 !! &nbs [#permalink] 27 Jul 2018, 08:35

Need suggestions for a 600 !!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap