Last visit was: 24 Jul 2024, 11:34 It is currently 24 Jul 2024, 11:34
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74284 [0]
Given Kudos: 20610
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Hello everyone, my name is Nayan, and I’m delighted to meet all of you. As a recent graduate from India at the age of 22, I’m excited to start preparing for the New GMAT focus edition. I’m reaching out today to seek your valuable advice and guidance.
Let me provide you with some insights into my abilities. I have a strong command of the English language, but I believe there is still room for improvement. On the other hand, my quantitative skills are currently weak. However, I am determined and motivated to overcome this challenge with time.
At this stage, I’m looking for guidance on how to begin my GMAT preparation and which platform would be most suitable for my needs. I’ve come across various recommendations on this forum, suggesting that eGMAT is highly effective for improving English skills, while TTP stands out for mathematics. Additionally, I’ve learned that the verbal section of the GMAT Focus edition is not significantly more difficult than the previous version.
Considering my intermediate level of English proficiency and below-average aptitude in mathematics, I would greatly appreciate your input on selecting the most suitable platform for my studies.
Current Student
Status:He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Going to Business School -- Corruptus in Extremis
Own Kudos [?]: 5923 [0]
Given Kudos: 3124
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Expert Reply
Abeljr, there are a few places to start. 1. Read BB’s guide (I’ll attach a link below)

2. Use this site. We have every quant and verbal official question (for free). Use OG (official guide), gmat prep, and Lsat questions for verbal. For quant, use whatever. It’s very difficult for a prep company to screw up a quant question.

3. Read my cr and RC guides. Follow gmatninja and Generis (both great at sc).

4. Find a course that suits you. TTP (target test prep), egmat, empower, magoosh, ect are all places that offer lessons online. Don’t do a live class — they’re expense not needed

5. Make sure to learn the fundamentals and basics of the quant and verbal sections before you do questions. Let the courses give you practice problems, but don’t start drilling until you know your stuff

gmat-study-plan-2023-updated-edition-217827.html#p1680625
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
hi is there any compilation of just the answers of the og guide 13th edition? i cant seem to find it
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello everyone I joined GMAT club today
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi. I am facing difficulty in answering SC questions. Can someone please guide me on how to prepare for SC.
Current Student
Status:He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Going to Business School -- Corruptus in Extremis
Send PM
Expert Reply
Lakshmi_Sravanthi, welcome!

Nkp_24, Read mgmat’s book and follow tutors/experts on this forum
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello, i just joined gmat club this weekend, its truly life changing. I was wondering if anybody has a good free source or youtube video series to get quant basics solidified? Would really appreciate it! For verbal GMAT Ninja video series really helped me, if anyone is looking for a recommendation :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone. Help me. In
Profit and loss
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello, i recently joined the GMAT club and i am trying to study for the GMAT Focus edition and my quantitative reasoning is below average with intermediate level in english and i am going to study by myself, it would be of great help if anyone could guide me on when is the right time to give my GMAT
Thank you :D
Current Student
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rahul_s, only you know when the time is right, mate. If you do 2-3 mocks and you get a consistent score that isn’t lucky, you’re ready
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi All, I am planning to give the regular GMAT exam and not GMAT focus, as far as I have understood till 2024 exam takers has a choice... As I have just started with my preparation should I prepare for GMAT focus or the regular GMAT?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1337 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
tiwary.vinita10 wrote:
Hi All, I am planning to give the regular GMAT exam and not GMAT focus, as far as I have understood till 2024 exam takers has a choice... As I have just started with my preparation should I prepare for GMAT focus or the regular GMAT?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-or-gmat ... 14031.html

The above post could be helpful to check out.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 492 [0]
Given Kudos: 1526
Concentration: General Management, Economics
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Hi, If I want to pursue a short-term course in quant then what’s the right time of it? Should I pursue it after taking the Gmat or it can be done before taking the test? Someone please advice.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4747 [0]
Given Kudos: 666
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
poojaarora1818 wrote:
Hi, If I want to pursue a short-term course in quant then what’s the right time of it? Should I pursue it after taking the Gmat or it can be done before taking the test? Someone please advice.

Hi poojaarora1818,

What kind of quant course do you have in mind?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Expert Reply
tiwary.vinita10 wrote:

Hi tiwary.vinita10,

The regular GMAT may be the safer option this cycle. If you're targeting R1, you definitely need to take the current GMAT.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 492 [0]
Given Kudos: 1526
Concentration: General Management, Economics
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
Hi poojaarora1818, What kind of quant course do you have in mind?

Hi Ajitesh, As I have no maths background. This suggestion was given by Michcel from mbaMIssion that in order to showcase my quantative skills in my resume I must take up some short term quant courses like statistics, MBA maths or Calculus etc. This thing will make my resume more competitive.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Expert Reply
poojaarora1818 wrote:
Hi Ajitesh, As I have no maths background. This suggestion was given by Michcel from mbaMIssion that in order to showcase my quantative skills in my resume I must take up some short term quant courses like statistics, MBA maths or Calculus etc. This thing will make my resume more competitive.

That's good advice, but I think a good GMAT quant score is the best way to show your target schools that you can handle quant. Things like courses and using quant at work are useful, but are usually not a priority. So I'd say go for it if you have enough time, but if you don't, I think you should focus on your GMAT first.

That said, check with your consultants as well, as they most likely have a more complete idea about your profile.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  90   91   92   93   94  ...  274