Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 20:23 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 20:23
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7820 [0]
Given Kudos: 221
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7820 [0]
Given Kudos: 221
Send PM
Re: New to GMAT Club - Post Your Questions Here [#permalink]
Top Contributor
Sasraqwsadas wrote:
hey can anyone answer this geometry question? The diagonals of a trapezoid are perpendicular and have lengths 3 and 4. Find the length of the median of the trapezoid.

Hi Sasraqwsadas
I have a few follow up questions-
1. Is this an official question or based on an official question?
2.What are the answer choices?
3. Have you completed the practice and analysis of questions from the official sources?

If the answer to Q1 and Q3 is No, then I would like to suggest you that, consolidate your learning with official questions to know how to apply in the best way possible!
If its a Yes, then can you please share the answer choices and the thread of the official question from GMAT Club? Would love to have a look and introspect :think:

Either ways, Iam on your side and would like to help you in your GMAT journey. :) :thumbsup:

Devmitra Sen
GMAT Mentor
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Hello forum,

New to GMAT prep using GMAT Club.

I apologize if this has been asked/answered, I did try to find the answer using search.

The questions that are organised in quant/verbal and by topic and difficulty, are these Official Guide questions, or GMATClub created questions?
If they are OG questions from previous, is there any benefit to using the current OG as well?

There is also a paid version of GMAT with forum quizzes, are there any benefits to buying this versus working through the free question directory? I don't mind buying it I'm just not sure how to fully use GMATclub.

I recently took GMAT and scored very low using a much hyped prep company that will go un-named, so I'm feeling pretty battered and bruised. Towards the last few days of my limited time frame (2 months total) I was doing OG questions and using GMAT club for solutions and found this to be the most high yield for learning. The solutions posted by bunuel, karishma etc were very helpful to my learning of answering GMAT questions. I found myself getting MUCH more of the easy/low medium questions wrong, and was getting most of the medium high/hard questions correct. Explain THAT paradox GMAC! Argh.

Interestingly on my first attempt at GMAT I got an IR 8 and 100% on RC (with no study for those) but fell down on SC and CR (the stuff I studied the most) and got the easier questions wrong on quant, and the medium/high questions correct based on the ESR (spending way less time than the average for the correct ones, and much longer on the easier ones). This tells me at least in my mind that my study method was not ideal, and that I'm missing something. Of course silly mistakes on arithmetic (my weakest) factor into it, but for some reason I find questions classified as "easy" harder to tackle than those classified as medium and hard. I found the official guide questions were v different from the prep company questions.

I found bb's post about q44 level scoring and what to focus on so I will try that, and I think the best thing is to focus on is official questions, hence the question I posted at the top. I will also use the handsome mod nightblade's advice post about CR and Powerscore/blind review.

I'm doing something wrong and it's hard when you don't know what you don't know.
Background GPA 4.0, native speaker, avid reader (not that that helped with SC!!!!), technical science-y background

Thank you for your advice, criticisms and whatever else. At this point I'll take what I can get!

I should add, I didn't do any OG verbal prep, all my SC and CR prep was with the prep company. I learned the theory and thought I had a solid grasp of the theory (and made copious notes) and was meeting and crushing the benchmarks of some of their tests but sadly this wasn't enough. Not having a go at the prep company, I learned a lot from them and benefited greatly from a theory standpoint, I just want to improve my verbal and quant accuracy now. My strategy now is to only use official guide questions to practice, maybe that's not the best way? Open to suggestions!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
hi can somebody tell me best online course for gmat prep?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Check courses Reviews

Originally posted by Sarmadk5 on 06 Jan 2023, 08:43.
Last edited by Sarmadk5 on 06 Jan 2023, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hii anybody pls tell me best and cheap online live classes course for GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi
has anyone taken classes by top one percent?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 184 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
sashankmvv1234 wrote:
Hi has anyone taken classes by top one percent?

Not meant for everyone but for those who are already strong in fundamentals. Here’s a suggestion - if you go for them and get the high score, don’t tell TOP if you want to avoid hyperbole marketing of you.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hi!!! I am 30 years old now and working in abroad. I’m planning to do 1 year PGPM on next year. Which exam best suits for me GMAT or CAT?
Shall I attend interview for college admission through online mode? Kindly answer... Bcoz I can’t available physically...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB
GPA: 6.0/10
Send PM
GMAT is better as it opens up all the IIM executive options along with other top Bschools like ISB, Master’s Union. Interviews are done online also thats not an issue
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Yeah GMAT is the best option to prefer
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey new to this app, wanted to get something through like minded people. I wish to pursue mba from India , and use GMAT for the same but since i am already pursuing masters , until this April is the only time i have to study and prepare for this exam, or maybe another month post complition of my college. Is this time period sufficient to get from basics to 700 range territory?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I see, if you can elaborate on it, and suggest for that territory?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Depends on your Capacity, try giving some free mocks before u start preparation and accordingly plan your Strategy. 3 -4 months are good enough for preparation
Manager
Manager
Send PM
246nishant wrote:
Hey new to this app, wanted to get something through like minded people. I wish to pursue mba from India , and use GMAT for the same but since i am already pursuing masters , until this April is the only time i have to study and prepare for this exam, or maybe another month post complition of my college. Is this time period sufficient to get from basics to 700 range territory?

I don’t think someone saying ’no’, someone saying ’maybe’, someone saying ’yes’ will make you any better off. Instead, life a GPS navigator, first figure out your baseline, plug your target and then see what it tells you. You’ll be surprised how long (or short) the journey may turn out to be for you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you sridhar, Ill try giving one of the free official mocks and take it from there

deel1 , we are all adults here preparing for GMAT, i don’t expect, no yes or maybe as answers, since there are people who have been preparing or are preparing for the nth time here. I just wish to gauge the situation.
Though thank you for your response

Originally posted by 246nishant on 07 Jan 2023, 06:49.
Last edited by 246nishant on 07 Jan 2023, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Great, if you feel better off with any of the responses here. Best wishes.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 222
Send PM
lol

Good one Deel. :thumbsup:

246nisha, I thought that I would be able to crack in a few weeks. Those weeks became months. then covid hit and well, then I gave up on it altogether. But then on 10th Dec. I decided I wanted to pursue it once again so I picked up my notes and started my preparation back up. I had forgotten everything. Had to remember everything and well, I am planning to give my exam by the end of Jan. Lets hope that I can stick to the timeline. :P
So the lesson for you is that you can’t really be sure. You will only find out how long it will take for you to get there after you start preparing and have been doing it for a month minimum.
Then you will now how long it will take you. :)
Good enough advice? :P

Originally posted by 0Lucky0 on 07 Jan 2023, 07:53.
Last edited by 0Lucky0 on 07 Jan 2023, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21  ...  274