It is currently 18 Aug 2017, 15:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NOTICE: Search, Tags, Active Discussions are Temporarily Unavailable

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15367

Kudos [?]: 27152 [0], given: 5001

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
NOTICE: Search, Tags, Active Discussions are Temporarily Unavailable [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2016, 08:29
Hello.

There is a Denial of Service attack in progress against GMAT Club that started about 8 hours ago. This attack is particularly focused on search-related functionality. We have been banning IP Addresses and doing other things; however, we are only being reactive in that case. As the result, we had to disable search-related functionality to keep the site from getting overwhelmed and up and running.

We will re-enable search-related features either when the attack stops or once we have been able to write code preventing flooding of the search system, which will happen sometime on Monday. So.... worst case scenario, it will have to wait till Monday.

Sorry about this and appreciate your understanding.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club's Special offer for Student Loans only through Aug 31 - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 27152 [0], given: 5001

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15367

Kudos [?]: 27152 [3] , given: 5001

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: NOTICE: Search, Tags, Active Discussions are Temporarily Unavailable [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2016, 10:43
3
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
We have restored the search-related features. Thank you for your patience and support during this challenging few hours.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club's Special offer for Student Loans only through Aug 31 - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 27152 [3] , given: 5001

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 33

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 115

CAT Tests
Re: NOTICE: Search, Tags, Active Discussions are Temporarily Unavailable [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2016, 21:17
bb wrote:
Hello.

There is a Denial of Service attack in progress against GMAT Club that started about 8 hours ago. This attack is particularly focused on search-related functionality. We have been banning IP Addresses and doing other things; however, we are only being reactive in that case. As the result, we had to disable search-related functionality to keep the site from getting overwhelmed and up and running.

We will re-enable search-related features either when the attack stops or once we have been able to write code preventing flooding of the search system, which will happen sometime on Monday. So.... worst case scenario, it will have to wait till Monday.

Sorry about this and appreciate your understanding.


Hi bb

What was it all about?
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 115

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
P
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 15367

Kudos [?]: 27152 [0], given: 5001

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: NOTICE: Search, Tags, Active Discussions are Temporarily Unavailable [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2016, 22:01
rahulforsure wrote:
bb wrote:
Hello.

There is a Denial of Service attack in progress against GMAT Club that started about 8 hours ago. This attack is particularly focused on search-related functionality. We have been banning IP Addresses and doing other things; however, we are only being reactive in that case. As the result, we had to disable search-related functionality to keep the site from getting overwhelmed and up and running.

We will re-enable search-related features either when the attack stops or once we have been able to write code preventing flooding of the search system, which will happen sometime on Monday. So.... worst case scenario, it will have to wait till Monday.

Sorry about this and appreciate your understanding.


Hi bb

What was it all about?



Unfortunately I do not know why or for what reason anyone wants to try out a DoS attack on GMAT Club but I guess people who are bored find our forum and try things out.... it is disruptive and sometimes takes the site down though not for long, usually. This time they focused their efforts on the Search-related areas, so we had to disable them for about 12 hours to get through the wave. We are good now and a bit more prepared for the next wave when it comes (they come every 2 months or so).

Thanks for asking.
BB
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club's Special offer for Student Loans only through Aug 31 - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 27152 [0], given: 5001

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 33

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 115

CAT Tests
NOTICE: Search, Tags, Active Discussions are Temporarily Unavailable [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2016, 22:10
bb wrote:

Unfortunately I do not know why or for what reason anyone wants to try out a DoS attack on GMAT Club but I guess people who are bored find our forum and try things out.... it is disruptive and sometimes takes the site down though not for long, usually. This time they focused their efforts on the Search-related areas, so we had to disable them for about 12 hours to get through the wave. We are good now and a bit more prepared for the next wave when it comes (they come every 2 months or so).

Thanks for asking.
BB


Ridiculous it is! Why would anyone do such a thing? Anyways, keep up the good work you guys are doing. :thumbup:
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 115

NOTICE: Search, Tags, Active Discussions are Temporarily Unavailable   [#permalink] 01 Oct 2016, 22:10
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Search filtering on tags is incorrectly sorted and non-deterministic DAllison2016 0 20 Aug 2016, 14:52
Tag search @ club tests improvement stunn3r 0 20 Oct 2013, 20:08
6 Experts publish their posts in the topic Search using multiple tags gijoedude 13 28 Feb 2017, 11:48
6 Experts publish their posts in the topic GMAT Club Post Tagging bb 14 20 Aug 2009, 10:34
Experts publish their posts in the topic About Tags bb 0 03 Aug 2009, 21:43
Display posts from previous: Sort by

NOTICE: Search, Tags, Active Discussions are Temporarily Unavailable

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.