Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Reapplicant Langone [#permalink]
Hey guys

I was dinged for Jan 2008. Planning to reapply for fall '08. Any tips or ideas on how I should rewrite my essays? What have other people demonstrated in their apps?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
langone08,

What are your stats (gmat, gpa, work exp, etc)? How did you write your old essays...and what can you discuss about any changes since your last application? That should help in getting some good input in this forum.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks.

640 GMAT, 3.9 Masters GPA, 4 years marketing and tech background. Was very specific to the position in my goals and very specific to the project in why the part time MBA. Def need to improve the GMAT but not sure what other input people have. Thnx

asharc wrote:
langone08,

What are your stats (gmat, gpa, work exp, etc)? How did you write your old essays...and what can you discuss about any changes since your last application? That should help in getting some good input in this forum.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
langone08 wrote:
Thanks.

640 GMAT, 3.9 Masters GPA, 4 years marketing and tech background. Was very specific to the position in my goals and very specific to the project in why the part time MBA. Def need to improve the GMAT but not sure what other input people have. Thnx

asharc wrote:
langone08,

What was your undergrad gpa?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
3.4 in MIS

kidderek wrote:
langone08 wrote:
Thanks.

asharc wrote:
langone08,

What was your undergrad gpa?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
langone08,

Your stats are pretty good. A 640 score defintely puts you in the 80% range (610-720). Is there anything you can write in your essays to show improvements or changes from your career that make you a better candidate this time around?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I took the GMAT a month ago, and have decided that I will go ahead and try to apply for Fall 08.

Profile:
Age 23
GMAT: 680
GPA: 3.86
WE: 2 yrs IT

If I apply and get dinged, can I still apply for the spring semester? I thought I saw somewhere that there was a rule that you can only apply once per year.

How much time did everyone spend on their essays? I started my essays last week. I think should be able to finish them.

Thanks

Originally posted by yowas on 29 Mar 2008, 16:56.
Last edited by yowas on 30 Mar 2008, 07:18, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi asharc

Thanks and sorry for my late response. I managed a new project so I guess I could talk about that. Planning to take the GMAT again. I saw the avg. is 700. If I can come close to that I'm hoping it will strengthen my app.

Thanks a lot for your input and good luck!

asharc wrote:
langone08,

Your stats are pretty good. A 640 score defintely puts you in the 80% range (610-720). Is there anything you can write in your essays to show improvements or changes from your career that make you a better candidate this time around?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone have a list of Spring 2008 / Fall 2007 applicants with GMAT scores/profiles/admission status?

Also, I saw this mentioned earlier but still not clear - if you apply for Fall and get dinged, can you reapply for the following Spring?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes you can reapply in the same year. On the stern website it says you can reapply within the same year with a shortened application. How are your stats? gmat/gpa/work exper/major
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
Anyone attending an info-session tomorrow? It will be cool to meet some of you in person.
I rsvped and will be there at 6pm for Washington Sq. location.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am a 26 yr old Chinese male who am applying to the Fall 2008 program. I was born in US and then lived to HK for 8 years and then moved back to the US for High school and undergrad.

Ivy undergrad (Finance and Hospitality mgmt) (GPA 3.8)
GMAT: 610 ( 48Q, 27V) Yeah low verbal. This is the second time I took it. First time I got a 570.
5 Years of work experience ( FX Sales and Trading)
-2 year sales and trading analyst program at a top tier bank
-Promoted to Associate and trained with the MBA hires
-Took on an Associate Director positon at another international bank.

I am pretty involved in the community(local HS afterschool programs, mentoring programs, etc). I am involved in a lot of non-profit organizations in metro NY.

my ultimate goal is to take over my father's hotel furniture business and expand it globally. I have put in place a plan since I was a senior in HS. I first applied to a industry specific undergrad program, then took on an analyst positon at a fortune 100 company to gain foreign exchange and interest rate knowledge, then decided to go to a more globalized firm to learn more about international business and hoping to transfer to another country for a year or two. Lastly, leverage my experience and help build my father's business.

What do you guys think? Do i have a shot?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1737 [0]
Send PM
What is the average GMAT for Langone now??? 676?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
A quick question to all Langone applicants.

The transcript request form indicates that the registrar of your undergraduate college should sign and include the cover letter with your transcripts in a sealed envelope. The university I went to is not familiar with GPA conversions etc. I provided a GPA conversion for my Graduate Studies which worked alright. Is it alright to submit a sealed transcripts without this cover letter. I don't think I can have them return this form within a month's time frame. :(

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
bkk145 wrote:
Anyone attending an info-session tomorrow? It will be cool to meet some of you in person.
I rsvped and will be there at 6pm for Washington Sq. location.

Went to one about a month ago. It lasts an hour long and it pretty bland. You can stick around until after the session to ask more specific questions, but you'll have to wade through a crowd of about 100+ people.

In all, the information presented is nothing more than what's already available on the website.

btw, don't be late, otherwise you'll have a tough time finding a seat. I couldn't believe how some people nonchalantly walked in 45 minutes late (that'd be 15 minutes to the end).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
asharc - thanks for your response.
My stats 680/GPA 3.9/ work experience 10 years IT.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well, I just submitted my application. Do they have rolling admissions or do you have to wait until the application deadline to hear anything?

My stats are

Gmat: 680 (48Q, 34V), 6.0 AWA
GPA: 3.35, Chemical Engineering, Rutgers College of Engineering
Work Exp: 10 yrs in Pharma Industry with good job progression with management experience.
Extracuriculars: This is the weakest item on my application, just a member of a few clubs and societies.
Recommendations: 2 from supervisor and former supervisor - both were very good.

I applied for the Weeknights in Wash Sqaure as my first option. I was dissappointed in my verbal since on my previous Gmat I scored a 650 (42Q, 38V) and I thought I could have done better than a 38V. Do you think my 6.0 in AWA mitigated the low verbal?

What do you guys think my chances are??? I'm starting to feel anxious already.

Good Luck to all!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  60