Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
ukyo wrote:
Anyone was able to obtain a NetID and set up NYU email?

It worked for me, but the netid becomes available 1 week after the deposit receipt date. So if you have paid the deposit only a couple of days ago it won't work yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
I paid my deposit this morning by e-check. I was able to get my netid and setup my NYU email right after that. Although, I had never really tried setting up my NYU email account before today.
I have a question for current students: Can you please provide a list of textbooks required for the four core courses? Thanks in advance!!!

Nick79 wrote:
ukyo wrote:
Anyone was able to obtain a NetID and set up NYU email?

It worked for me, but the netid becomes available 1 week after the deposit receipt date. So if you have paid the deposit only a couple of days ago it won't work yet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did anyone complete the KROLL verification yet? I started it on the 6/21; on 6/23 they asked me to confirm what my major was (strange) and nothing else afterwards. My company does not disclose the supervisor's name nor do they disclose the job title history (they only provide the current one). Not sure what else they're going to verify but I do hope it's going to be completed soon!
Any news from anyone?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I have a question for current students: Can you please provide a list of textbooks required for the four core courses? Thanks in advance!!!

This is going to vary from section to section by professor. There will be a textbook swap on the facebook page, once you get a little closer to Fall.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Finally heard back from the admission committee today. Got into the week end program. I heard back from the admission committee about three weeks in regards some documentation. I took some classes overseas as part of college curriculum in lieu of few classes here. Apparently they wanted the actual certificates from that university or get it attested at that country's consulate. Was a pain to get them. Finally submitted the copies last week. The representative who I was in touch at NYU was very helpful in the process.

My stats:
GMAT 700 (V35 Q50)
Work experience: 3.5 years at a fortune 500 company
Reco: Good I assume as doing MBA is encouraged and reimbursed
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
My very first post on GC. Applied about two weeks ago and have just been notified of my acceptance into the Weeknights program. My profile is as follows:

GMAT: 710
WE: 8.5 yrs of Big 4 accounting and internal audit
Career Interest: Buy-side/Sell-side equity research

I look forward to meeting all of you in person. Do we have a facebook group? It would be nice to have a get together in the city prior to orientation. In the meantime, enjoy your summers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Schools:Stern Part-time
Send PM
Kudos
OMG OMG I got in!!! Washington Square weeknights!!! I can't believe it!! Even with the 590 GMAT!!

Everyone out there with a low GMAT, please do no lose heart - I am living proof that IT CAN BE DONE!!!!

Can't wait to meet you all in the fall!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MCJD4ever wrote:
OMG OMG I got in!!! Washington Square weeknights!!! I can't believe it!! Even with the 590 GMAT!!

Everyone out there with a low GMAT, please do no lose heart - I am living proof that IT CAN BE DONE!!!!

Congrats!! I was waitlisted with a 600 so I knew there was hope!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
MCJD4ever wrote:

Please provide your profile. thanks,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Stern Part-time
Send PM

Originally posted by MCJD4ever on 30 Jun 2010, 15:10.
Last edited by MCJD4ever on 04 Jul 2010, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
congrats to the new admits! Please update your info in the spreadsheet which we're maintaining as an informal database of applicants till the official database is available to view.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... l=en#gid=0

I too heard back from the Kroll firm, asking for certificate copies (for degree from India). Emailed them, have not heard back. Our employment verification information is available from a third-party firm, which I believe is affiliated/connected with Kroll, so our HR might not be involved at all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Got into Washington - Weeknights.
660 (Q45, V35)
GPA - 3.2 Accounting and Information Systems
Exp - 5.5 years / Senior Accountant / Private Equity
Essay #3 - sent few objects with a brief sentence on how each related to my personal and professional life.

Good luck all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
I just got accepted for Washington Weeknights yesterday... I'm a reapplicant... previously had applied for FT, was waitlisted and then rejected.

32/M
GMAT: 690
GPA: 3.2 (mech e)
WE: 10 years of management / IT consulting
Good recs
Spent a lot of time on my essays... felt it was a solid app - then again, I thought my FT app was solid... :)

A few questions:
- Does anyone know of a detailed breakdown for cost of attendance? The table on the Stern site doesn't make sense to me (e.g. 12 credits is actually less than the tuition and fees they have listed if working off of the $1,515 per credit... would love to really understand the cost better... what would "Misc" that they have at $4,960 be?
- At a high-level... appears it's pretty much 2 classes a week (6pm - 9pm) for duration of program - am I understanding that right?
- Where does the schoolID for Kroll come from?

Very excited to meet everyone!!!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
Hey guys! Congrats to the recent admits. I've been quiet since I came back from vacation. But now it is back to work.

I got my NetID and e-mail set up. I also got my financial aid award. I'm going to sit down and have a heart to heart with one of the financial aid committee members since I too want to understand what I'm paying for. I'm guessing that Miscellaneous is actually spending money, but is only applicable if you choose to board with NYU. NYC is a pretty expensive place, so even things such as toiletries, snacks, etc will start to add up.
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU Stern/Fordham/Rutgers
GPA: 3.47
WE 1: 3 years
Send PM
arruhbee, I just want to make sure I did everything right in regards to financial aid. I completed my FAFSA form over a month ago, is there anything else I should have done? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
As an FYI - I called the bursar's office and they were very helpful in breaking down the cost... keep in mind tuition will increase by average of 5% each academic year.

I also found the Tuition tab on the Bursar homepage helpful...

I'm calculating about $108k between Tuition, Fees and Books for completing 60 credits over 2.5 years including the roughly 5% inc. for tuition each year... not cheap - but roughly what I was expecting.

TtotheP wrote:
A few questions:
- Does anyone know of a detailed breakdown for cost of attendance? The table on the Stern site doesn't make sense to me (e.g. 12 credits is actually less than the tuition and fees they have listed if working off of the $1,515 per credit... would love to really understand the cost better... what would "Misc" that they have at $4,960 be?
- At a high-level... appears it's pretty much 2 classes a week (6pm - 9pm) for duration of program - am I understanding that right?
- Where does the schoolID for Kroll come from?

Very excited to meet everyone!!!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
BskoolHopeful wrote:
arruhbee, I just want to make sure I did everything right in regards to financial aid. I completed my FAFSA form over a month ago, is there anything else I should have done? Thanks

If you are a NY State Resident, you can fill out the TAP as well for additional assistance. Aside from that, I don't think there are any other forms of aid. I've been looking out for scholarships, but most are geared towards students that go full time, who of course, do not have a steady stream of income to offset their tuition costs.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  31