Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey watch dog
from where did u get the question bank for october month
i will be taking my GMAT in november ..
can you tell me whether the test is tough in november month as well
thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Re: Yes it is [#permalink]
watchdog wrote:
Yes, GMAT in this month, is the toughest so far. The question bank for this month for both quant and verbal is really tough.

ETS is usually in a generous mood in December, as most of their staff should be on leave, etc.

The month of December usually has easier if not the easiest test.

Experience it for yourself, give the test now and then in December, you will know, what I mean. Bonus points in easy questions come in December. :wink:

Watchdog, your reasoning makes no sense (but please correct me if you have proof). You think that the ETS staff makes questions in the same month that they post them on the actual test? We all know that many questions are included first as "trial" questions that do not count towards one's score, and then do not appear to be counted until months later. Even IF your reasoning was correct, then that would make the January test easier. What do you think?
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Haas, MFE; Anderson, MBA; USC, MSEE
Send PM
Re: Yes it is [#permalink]
watchdog wrote:
Yes, GMAT in this month, is the toughest so far. The question bank for this month for both quant and verbal is really tough.

ETS is usually in a generous mood in December, as most of their staff should be on leave, etc.

The month of December usually has easier if not the easiest test.

Experience it for yourself, give the test now and then in December, you will know, what I mean. Bonus points in easy questions come in December. :wink:

How would you know that this month is "toughest of all"? How you taken the test every month?

In any case, IMO your conclusion about December is absurd. The question bank has been prepared long in advance and there is no sensible purpose for making the test easier just because ETS presumably is short-staffed that month. In case you didn't notice, the scores are calculated by computer.

Second, whether the tests differ in difficulty or not (there is probably some variation in difficulty from month to month, but it is certainly not planned, not predictable) doesn't matter because the scores are NORMED. This means that the scores are adjusted for the differences in difficulty level of the test. A relatively easy test will be relatively easy for EVERYONE, hence the scores will be adjusted to reflect this and the ensuing percentage score will correlate well to a test of different level. In fact, the more difficult the test, IMO, the more accurate the scores because, in a test with only 81 question of which only a portion are "real", you need more difficult test to differentiate at the upper end.

If I were you, I would not worry about the difficulty or lack thereof of any particular test. If you get a difficult test, it will be difficult for EVERYONE. Trying to outsmart the system only takes valuable energy away that you could use to study whats really important.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Um, you rarely can just walk in to a testing center without an appointment and just take the test. Only a handful of students can take the test at any one time, and some centers get booked up weeks in advance.

Your best bet is to start studying, and when you have a feel for what the test is like and how much study time you'll need, then register for a date. And just download the software - it doesn't take that long.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Can't you guys realize the sarcasm in watchdog's post? Settle down.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Enronitis [#permalink]
Q. How many Enron executives does it take to change a light bulb?

A. None. They anticipate when the bulb will burn out, sell off their stock and then bail out before it gets too dark.

-----

We hear that Arthur Andersen was using Enron to test out their new microwave auditors. They spend 45 minutes in the office and bill you for the whole day.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Enronspeak [#permalink]
Enronspeak !

Cant you tell a LAY from LIE !
GMAT Club Bot
Enronspeak [#permalink]