Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:10 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3133 [4]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3133 [0]
Send PM
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Alum
Send PM
Announcement: GMAC is replacing for free all OG 2017 Books [#permalink]
OfficialGMAT wrote:
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience these errors may have caused and have options available to remedy the situation. For access to an errata (correction) document, to read about your other a full list of Frequently Asked Questions, and more information, visit https://wileyactual.com/gmat. We are also actively working with book sellers to ensure they receive new, corrected stock when available for distribution.

Moving forward we will make every effort to ensure that our study products are superior and adhere to high-quality publication standards.

stonecold wrote:
Guys OfficialGMAT can you please address this issue..!!
what about the vendors?
billing issues?

Thanks
S.C.S.A

Thank you for the response OfficialGMAT
But i am afraid => That Does not answer my question.
here is my question again - What about students who have purchased the books from local vendors as you now local vendors do not provide bills and even if they do - "who on earth nowadays keeps his stationary bills" ?
Will our book be replaced if our code is correct and if the book is authentic.
p.s => when i say OUR i am talking about the millions of students especially in india.

Thanks
Stone Cold
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
OfficialGMAT guys, are the errors also prevalent in the online Question banks of 2017 (all 3)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Announcement: GMAC is replacing for free all OG 2017 Books [#permalink]
Guys,

Yesterday [ 07/28/2016 ] I bought The Official GMAT verbal review -2017 from amazon. Until today morning I was not knowing there are issues in 2017 official guides. I looked at the errata document and found very minor errors all in answer explanations. I feel there is nothing to panic because it is not at all affecting official questions and answer choices. I didn't buy OG-2017 as I already have OG-2016.

NOTE: my review comments are for OG verbal review -2017 only.
Send PM
Expert Reply
I apologize for the inconvenience. Your book will be replaced as long as the book is authentic. If you don't have your purchase bill or receipt, that shouldn't be a problem, simply contact your regional Wiley customer support at support.wiley.com, or for India, at csupport2@wiley.com / +91-11-43630012 /14 /15 /17, and they can help with getting you a replacement copy when it is ready for distribution.

stonecold wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience these errors may have caused and have options available to remedy the situation. For access to an errata (correction) document, to read about your other a full list of Frequently Asked Questions, and more information, visit https://wileyactual.com/gmat. We are also actively working with book sellers to ensure they receive new, corrected stock when available for distribution.

Moving forward we will make every effort to ensure that our study products are superior and adhere to high-quality publication standards.

stonecold wrote:
Guys OfficialGMAT can you please address this issue..!!
what about the vendors?
billing issues?

Thanks
S.C.S.A

Thank you for the response OfficialGMAT
But i am afraid => That Does not answer my question.
here is my question again - What about students who have purchased the books from local vendors as you now local vendors do not provide bills and even if they do - "who on earth nowadays keeps his stationary bills" ?
Will our book be replaced if our code is correct and if the book is authentic.
p.s => when i say OUR i am talking about the millions of students especially in india.

Thanks
Stone Cold
Send PM
Expert Reply
The online test banks for all three guides are in the process of getting updated to reflect all corrections found. Most corrections have been implemented but there are still a few left to update. We anticipate all updates to the online test bank content to be complete by 8/12. You can refer to the errata document to see all corrections.

If you prefer to refer to the 2016 OG and online test bank to continue your preparation, please let us know by contacting customercare@mba.com and we would be happy to assist you.

arijitdatta wrote:
OfficialGMAT guys, are the errors also prevalent in the online Question banks of 2017 (all 3)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Do I need to remove and add the 2017 question banks fresh into my account for getting the corrected ones? Or, the question banks already present in my account are getting updated automatically?

OfficialGMAT wrote:
The online test banks for all three guides are in the process of getting updated to reflect all corrections found. Most corrections have been implemented but there are still a few left to update. We anticipate all updates to the online test bank content to be complete by 8/12. You can refer to the errata document to see all corrections.

If you prefer to refer to the 2016 OG and online test bank to continue your preparation, please let us know by contacting customercare@mba.com and we would be happy to assist you.

arijitdatta wrote:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Arijitdatta,

The current question banks are being updated automatically to reflect all corrections.

arijitdatta wrote:
Do I need to remove and add the 2017 question banks fresh into my account for getting the corrected ones? Or, the question banks already present in my account are getting updated automatically?

OfficialGMAT wrote:

arijitdatta wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Send PM
Good day OfficialGMAT,

I purchased the OG-2017 on Friday from a Chapters store. I believe I did notice a typo or two which have no effect on understanding content.

I am fine with typos in instructions, however would you please let me know if there are any errors in the questions? Especially SC?
Not really looking forward to another trip to the store + keeping the book would save a tree or two.

Thanks
Alum
Send PM
EugeneFish wrote:
Good day OfficialGMAT,

I purchased the OG-2017 on Friday from a Chapters store. I believe I did notice a typo or two which have no effect on understanding content.

I am fine with typos in instructions, however would you please let me know if there are any errors in the questions? Especially SC?
Not really looking forward to another trip to the store + keeping the book would save a tree or two.

Thanks

There are "A LOT of ERRORS" in this OG
The errata link is already on the forum.

Regards
Stone Cold
GMAT Club Bot