GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Aug 2020, 00:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

One question a day Q#27 SC 31032014

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Retired Moderator
V
WE: Education (Education)
One question a day Q#27 SC 31032014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2014, 21:05
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

25% (medium)

Question Stats:

78% (01:34) correct 22% (01:26) wrong based on 164 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

After completing their bachelor’s and gaining a couple of year’s valuable on-job experience, overseas MBA aspirants start preparing for their university admissions, taking the GMAT, gathering references and recommendation letters, writing personal statements and mobilising financial documents for the Visa application.

(A) start preparing for their university admissions, taking the GMAT, gathering references and recommendation letters, writing personal statements and mobilising

(B) start preparing for their university admissions, and take the GMAT, gather references and recommendation letters, writing personal statements and mobilise

(C) start preparing for their university admissions, taking the GMAT and gathering references and recommendation letters, writing personal statements and mobilising

(D) starting preparations for their university admissions, take the GMAT, and gather references and recommendation letters, and write personal statements and mobilising

(E) starting preparations for their university admissions, taking the GMAT, gathering references and recommendation letters, writing personal statements and mobilising

OA:A

The excellent high-end materials that you gave me were, in fact, the drivers of my performance that I added the extra marks to my score
Arjun - 919884544509 / newnaren@gmail.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)
Re: One question a day Q#27 SC 31032014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 04:23
Choices D and E are incorrect since these are run-on sentences. So we are down to A,B and C. The sentence states that after completing bachelor's and getting valuable experience MBA aspirants start preparation process and then sentence explains what kind of preparation they do using -ing modifier. Hence B is out since it states that aspirants start preparing and take GMAT and so on. Between A and C the former is a correct choice because the use of "and" is incorrect in C.
Schools: Tepper '16 (S)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 07:01
my opinion is A

it is the only sentence where correct and logical paralleism is maintained

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Board of Directors
P
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE: General Management (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2015, 10:20
agree that A is the correct one.
D & E do not have active verbs.
B - too many and's :)
C - specifies that "taking the GMAT and gathering references and recommendation letters" is one single action, which is incorrect.
Manager
Manager
P
WE: Supply Chain Management (Computer Hardware)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 09:54
I will go with A, what is the source ?? I saw a similar question in Prep.. not sure if this is the one.
Non-Human User

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2020, 02:15
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: One question a day Q#27 SC 31032014   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2020, 02:15

One question a day Q#27 SC 31032014

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics