Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:21 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Online Course - Manhattan Prep vs Veritas Prep [#permalink]
Hi Rich,
Thank you very much for your answer.
Here some more details:

1) - 2 Weeks - Could dedicate 3h/weekday and 15h/weekend, so 30h/week.

2) - OG 2020, Advanced Quant MP and how I scored 780 in 30 days.

3a) - 1st Official practice
28th Sept. 2019 with 530 (Q31 - V32)

3b) - 2nd CAT from Manhattan Prep
6th Oct. 2019 with 620 (Q38 - V36)

4) - v. 3b

5) 19th November

6) Applying in January (2nd round) and March (1st round)

I wish you a nice day!
Manu

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Online Course - Manhattan Prep vs Veritas Prep [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Manu,

To start, your improvement from a 530 to a 620 is certainly significant - but improvements on the GMAT are rarely 'linear' (meaning that it will almost certainly take you more than another 9 days to improve another 90 points). Statistically-speaking, raising a 620 to the point that you can consistently score 720+ will likely require at least another 2 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. With your current Test Date, you only have approximately 5 weeks of study time remaining, so you might need to consider pushing back your Test Date. While you don't have to make any changes to your plans right this moment, if you're going to keep studying until you score 720+, then you could potentially save some money and aggravation by pushing back your Test Date sooner rather than later.

I suggest that you study as you choose for the next week, then take a new FULL-LENGTH CAT - and make sure to take it in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss the results and how might adjust your studies.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30815 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Online Course - Manhattan Prep vs Veritas Prep [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Manu03,

I will present my inferences based on the data that you have provided so as to equip you to plan for your GMAT preparation.

Your current level
    1. Per the official mock that you took on Sept 28, you are at 66th percentile in verbal (V32) and 17th percentile in Quant (Q31).

2. I understand that you have considered your current score as 600+ since you scored 620 on Manhattan Prep mock that you took on Oct 6. But please note that you are making the assumption that the score prediction by Manhattan prep is the same as that by official mock and that assumption is not correct.

3. My inference – your starting score is most likely ~530 (Q31, V32) – unless you took the test on Sept 28 without much idea about the question types and without any concept recap. And based on this score, your strength is verbal and hence you should definitely capitalize on it and target V42+. Once you achieve this target verbal score, you should work on quant and target Q46 in it. Based on your starting score, target score, and hours, I have created your personalized study plan. With five quantifiable milestones, now you can prepare for the GMAT in a much more focused and measured manner. I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have on this.

Preparation method

While selecting the preparation material that is best suited to you, please evaluate the following aspects:
1. Does the prep material help you attain mastery of concepts while teaching you the application of those concepts?
For example, how does the course help you attain mastery of the ~200 concepts in SC while teaching you the method to apply these concepts to solve SC questions?

2. Does the prep material give you feedback while you are learning the concepts so that you know what you are doing right and where you are faltering?
For example, a student while going through the e-GMAT course receives 87 feedback points while going through stage 1 of the 3-stages of learning to excel architecture for the GMAT.

3. Does the prep material give you the detailed solutions that are based on the ONE method that you should use to solve questions of that sub-section so that with each question that you solve you build your ability?
For example, in this video, students utilize the detailed solutions on the platform to do a thorough strategic review.

To summarize, GMAT is a test of your ability – your ability to consistently solve difficult questions correctly. And to build that ability, you need to go through the 3 stages of learning properly.
Read this article to see what leads to success on the GMAT.

I am sure as you go through this content you will feel more in control of your GMAT preparation. Do let me know if you have any follow-on questions! And please remember - data is crucial to your success. Learn how to utilize data to power your success to your 720+ score.

Regards,
Payal
GMAT Club Bot
Online Course - Manhattan Prep vs Veritas Prep [#permalink]