It is currently 25 Nov 2017, 03:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Online Dilema - HEC Paris OMIE vs Stanford LEAD

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Online Dilema - HEC Paris OMIE vs Stanford LEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 07:56
Hi

I'm into IT for the past 13 years and though I do IT consulting I am very much interested in Innovation consulting (Helping companies to come up with New Innovative Products/Business Models etc)

I am working in Capgemini but wanted to switch to Niche Innovation Consulting firms (like Innosight, DesignIT etc). In order to do that, I thought some good certificate will help me to get into niche innovation consulting companies. Right now I hold a Bachelors degree in Engineering. I don't want to leave job. Hence I have only 2 options considering online programs

1. HEC Paris - Masters in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (conducted through Coursera)
Course Fee: 20,000 Euros
1 year program
Diploma awarded: Masters in Innovation and Entrepreneurship

2. Stanford LEAD - Corporate Innovation (conducted through novoed)
Course Fee: 19,000 USD
1 year program
Certificate awarded - Stanford LEAD

HEC Paris option is good as I'm getting Masters degree but it is focused on Entrepreneurship and hence its mainly useful for people who are interested in startups. So I'm not sure if it will be useful for big companies

On the other hand, Stanford LEAD is mainly focused on Corporations which exactly fit my purpose but spending 19,000 USD on a Executive Certificate is what worrying me

It would be really helpful if anyone in this forum could provide thoughts on which one will be helpful to achieve my goal

Appreciate your valuable response

Thanks
Terra

VP
VP
P

Kudos [?]: 298 [0], given: 165

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Online Dilema - HEC Paris OMIE vs Stanford LEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 17:39
The name of Stanford is more prestigious than HEC. Both are online. Some professional certificates are worth, even they are expensive. How do both work in the market? how could they help you? Have you known anyone who has any one of them? I would advise you to search in profiles in LinkedIn with either and contact them. It would be insightful for you.

Kudos [?]: 298 [0], given: 165

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29134 [1], given: 5273

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Online Dilema - HEC Paris OMIE vs Stanford LEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 01:24
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I think I would hold off on this decision and chat with a recruiter or perhaps a friend from one of the consulting firms you are targetting (ask if someone can recommend/refer someone) and ask them how to strengthen your profile - i think they would be flattered and have a hard time refusing this information interview.

They can comment on what's low and far hanging fruit so to speak. Perhaps there are other items you can do/make for much less less time and money.

P.S. As to the name, either program would help and develop you and benefit you both personally and professionally. The Stanford name is a lot more sexy globally, however.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29134 [1], given: 5273

Intern
Intern

Re: Online Dilema - HEC Paris OMIE vs Stanford LEAD [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2017, 06:21
Thanks for your valuable inputs

I will try contacting recruiters

Re: Online Dilema - HEC Paris OMIE vs Stanford LEAD   [#permalink] 20 Sep 2017, 06:21

Online Dilema - HEC Paris OMIE vs Stanford LEAD

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap