GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 22:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Options for Energy Engineer

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Options for Energy Engineer  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 00:20
Hi All

I have been working in the power sector for the past 4 years.
I work at a Fortune 500 company in a very small country in the pacific.

One of my colleagues suggested that i should look into doing a MBA.
I have been preparing for the GMAT for some time but lacking the motivation because
i am not sure what my options would be post MBA.
I know for sure that I don't want to do technical work for the rest of my life and would like to
influence the renewables market in the future.

Can Engineers who have done a MBA please share their stories and what options are available to them in the market?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Options for Energy Engineer  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2018, 22:57
Energy engineering is a broad field of engineering that encapsulates energy management, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and environmental maintenance. Not only must energy engineers be familiar with renewable energy, they must also know about oil and natural-gas energies. Energy engineering is an interdisciplinary collaboration between all of our energy technologies.

I am currently going into my 3rd year of studying energy engineering in the Penn State Earth and Mineral Sciences College, the first American college to offer the program. I am also part of the Society of Energy Engineers.

Energy is the only factor which differentiate the difference between a Developed country and a Developing country and yes INDIA is a developing country there is shortage of Coal and Water to generate Energy and the demand is here for Solar and Renewable Sources . Grab this Opportunity if found in any NITs or IITs .
basically it is an interdisciplinary course of ME/EE/CHE .
But , if belonged to EE then it is a super discipline to do . ME/CHE can avoid because it is EE oriented Discipline and they would have to learn the power system aspects but EE have to learn some basics of ME/CHE but 80 % is EE portion .
If any one can removed the topics like HVDC , FACTS them the rest syllabus of ENERGY ENGINEERING is the power system syllabus having topics RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES , HEAT EX -CHANGERS , FOSSIL DECOMPOSITION , ENERGY AUDITING .

so conclusion is here -
power system mean- Generation , transmission and protection
enery system mean- Generation , transmission and Utilization .

all the best Go for - IIT-B , IIT-D , NIT-TIRCHY , NIT-J etc . All the best
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2018, 10:12
You might try looking on LinkedIn for engineers who have completed MBAs to see what they're doing now, and potentially message a few of them for advice. You never know what connections you might make. Also, some MBA websites have lists of alumni (or alumni spotlights) that you could look through to see if you can find any engineers to contact for advice. Those routes may get you better results than on this forum.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 23:26
There are many options for Engineering students like they complete industrial training, project-based training, corporate training and many more have attended the placement oriented training in IT/CAD/Embedded System and many more. If you want to join in NOIDA, LUCKNOW, DEHRADUN then visit at CETPA.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 23:29
I have no option.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2018, 22:43
The degree of MBA in energy management will impart you subject-specific intelligence and provide you an insight into the struggles of energy market. For acquiring this knowledge, you need to qualify the following criterions:

A bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject with 50% of aggregate marks
Clearance of entrance examinations that might be university’s specific or clearing CAT/GMAT/XAT/SNAP/CMAT.
The final selection of a student in the MBA programme is dependent upon the entrance examination score, personality assessment, intelligence and educational background.

The government of India is highly focused on obtaining ‘power for all’. To meet this demand, it is imperative to commence efficient strategies for generating, managing and sustaining energy and introducing more installations of power generation. Apart from this, finances, logistics and man-power are the assets of the competitive energy market that have been lagging far behind.

There are around 293 international and national companies situated in India that have aimed at producing 266 GW of wind energy, solar energy and biomass-based power, all in the time span of 5 to 10 years. From 2000 to 2015, these companies have increased in number, along with attracting 9.97 billion US dollars in FDI (foreign direct investment).
In the coming years, the projected investment in the Indian power sector is 237 billion US dollars. This results in abundant amount of opportunities in the domains of power generation, transmission, maintenance and distribution.

When looking at the electricity production in India, at 2015, the generation was boosted by 8.4% in FY 15. Approximately 15 GW of electricity is traded every year in India. From the fiscal years 10-15, the electricity has produced at an increase of 6.3 % compound annual growth rate (CAGR).

In October 2015, the electricity production raised it bar to 654.5 billion units (BU). The same has been depicted in the following figure.

Online Electrical Training Courses

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Options for Energy Engineer &nbs [#permalink] 05 Nov 2018, 22:43

Options for Energy Engineer

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap