GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 04:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Overly Stressed about GMAT?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q41 V37
GMAT 2: 650 Q46 V35
CAT Tests
Overly Stressed about GMAT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2020, 12:16
Currently have a GMAT score of 650 Q:46 and V:35. How do you all think UVA will react to that score? Getting a little stressed because I can't seem to move the needle any higher.

Any Insights about this score with Duke-Fuqua/UNC Flagler would be great too.

Trying to take it at least one more time to grab a few extra points.

Thanks
MBA Admissions Consultant
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Overly Stressed about GMAT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2020, 12:54
This is low but there is a possibility you could pull it off. It depends upon your profile group, if you are part of an overrepresented profile group than there's likely to be someone with a great profile but a better test score right next to you.

When it comes to test scores they want to know that you can handle the math, so I'm happy to see that your math score is decent, that's like the first order of business they need to know that you won't fail.

But then after that it becomes a contest between you and other people with similar profiles. So it's a game of really making yourself unique which is something that I work on as an admissions consultant

On your end, it's helpful to make sure your test score is competitive with those it was in your profile group people that have the same background citizenship Etc.

So if you're Indian or Chinese there's no way in hell this will work but if you are underrepresented in a significant way, it might work.

I would recommend that you try out the Manhattan GRE the mock exam and just see how that comes out because I've had clients who done no preparation do the GRE and it just comes out better.

I'm not sure if you're applying round 3 or what but if you're applying round 1 definitely get a tutor and do everything you can to really improve that score.

I used to be a verbal tutor and I'm here to tell you that it's difficult to be in the game and coach yourself.... you really needed someone else to observe what you're doing that is leading to the wrong answers. It's a game-changer if you get a good tutor.

Last of all, obviously Duke has a bit of a lower GMAT threshold but they have a much higher threshold in terms of collaboration and teamwork being maniacally collaborative basically. So just don't apply there if you are thinking they will accept your GMAT, because they are extremely fanatic about their employer reputation and choose people who help protect that reputation. in a nutshell if you're an introvert or a loner maybe don't apply there.

barn16

barn16 wrote:
Currently have a GMAT score of 650 Q:46 and V:35. How do you all think UVA will react to that score? Getting a little stressed because I can't seem to move the needle any higher.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
I get applicants into elite MBA programs. What has made me successful is the combination of my coaching, marketing and editing skills. I'm life coach - where the client's desire for a top MBA is the catalyst for their transformation.
Verified reviews posted on https://MBAPrepCoach.com
INSEAD School Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Overly Stressed about GMAT?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 13:50
barn16 wrote:

Thanks

Did you finally apply? Any update?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Overly Stressed about GMAT?   [#permalink] 17 Apr 2020, 13:50

Overly Stressed about GMAT?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: kiryuken