Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 07:48 It is currently 06 May 2024, 07:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.13
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley-Indiana Applicant(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
Necro,

I didn't ask but the admissions website does say late April. I just happened to receive an email the other day.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi guys!

I am wondering whether the table indicates the real statistics of admission process. Is there any one help me out?

As we know, the class size is rough 204, and from the table we can see now only 53 talents have been admitted, which means there are still 150 seats around available. Is this interpretation correct?

If so, besides those denied ones, the unknown final result ones and waitlisted ones are still open to be admitted, from the perspective of possibility? In additional, as we know that the decision-made dates of round 1 & 2 (Early & Priority) have passed, should I expect that the unknown final result ones have been out of the admission consideration?

Just wondering the data resource (official, or just a 3rd party's consolidation based on the self-reported via this forum?), and the way of understanding the table.

Thanks for anybody's explanation on this! All the best!

Larry
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.35
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
wll64 wrote:
Hi guys!

I am wondering whether the table indicates the real statistics of admission process. Is there any one help me out?

As we know, the class size is rough 204, and from the table we can see now only 53 talents have been admitted, which means there are still 150 seats around available. Is this interpretation correct?

If so, besides those denied ones, the unknown final result ones and waitlisted ones are still open to be admitted, from the perspective of possibility? In additional, as we know that the decision-made dates of round 1 & 2 (Early & Priority) have passed, should I expect that the unknown final result ones have been out of the admission consideration?

Just wondering the data resource (official, or just a 3rd party's consolidation based on the self-reported via this forum?), and the way of understanding the table.

Larry

Last year there was 1232 applicants and 408 were accepted. My guess is that the admissions committee has already admitted well over the 204 maximum candidates. The admitted students weekend is on the 17-19 of April, and the deadline for all students to put in their final decisions, along with their deposit, is the 1st of May. I think that after the deposit date the admissions committee will be able to have a better idea if they can start bringing people off the waitlist. Best of luck!

Here is where I found the data: https://poetsandquants.com/2015/03/26/ge ... y-tough/3/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KiwiCandidate wrote:
wll64 wrote:
Hi guys!

Larry

Last year there was 1232 applicants and 408 were accepted. My guess is that the admissions committee has already admitted well over the 204 maximum candidates. The admitted students weekend is on the 17-19 of April, and the deadline for all students to put in their final decisions, along with their deposit, is the 1st of May. I think that after the deposit date the admissions committee will be able to have a better idea if they can start bringing people off the waitlist. Best of luck!

Here is where I found the data: https://poetsandquants.com/2015/03/26/ge ... y-tough/3/

Hi KiwiCandidate,

Thanks for your reply! It's very informative and directive. So I should also expect a much larger wait-list pool for Kelley's consideration. Uncertainly that I could know you in the campus this fall, so wish you best luck in your MBA journey in Kelley! :)

Larry
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q37 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
wll64 wrote:
Hi guys!

Larry

The statistics only represent GMATClub Forum members who have added IU to "My Schools" and is based on the self-reported status. (Unfortunately this is why majority of the school forums are filled with tons of "Unknown Decisions" - personal pet peeve since what it tells me is that people came to the site, got information from other/active forum members, and never added their little piece of data to give a better picture to the others.)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mm7312 wrote:
wll64 wrote:
Hi guys!

Larry

The statistics only represent GMATClub Forum members who have added IU to "My Schools" and is based on the self-reported status. (Unfortunately this is why majority of the school forums are filled with tons of "Unknown Decisions" - personal pet peeve since what it tells me is that people came to the site, got information from other/active forum members, and never added their little piece of data to give a better picture to the others.)

Thanks, mm7312! Clear, and I know more about the real story. Good luck to you, as well!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: How I found my leadership niche in Guatemala

By John William Scott IV, MBA'15
I recently traveled to Xela, Guatemala for Spring Break as part of the Global Business and Social Enterprise Program (GLOBASE).

My team and I delivered an inventory management tool to one of the best restaurants in the country—and definitely the best in the state of Quetzaltenango—called Tertulianos. We wanted to help the restaurant have a better visualization of how they use funds and how they can more effectively track inventory, while preventing loss and spoilage.

The most important thing I learned from this experience was how to scope, develop, and deliver a solution within a tight time frame without over- or under-promising the client. If the tool is implemented correctly by Tertulianos, it has the potential to help continue the restaurant’s double-digit annual growth, this time with more profitability.

What I did not expect to learn was the continued development of my Spanish language skills.  I come from a liberal arts background (I studied Spanish and Economics at DePauw University), so I served as the translator not only for my team but for many of the 20+ students who also traveled to Guatemala for GLOBASE. I was one of two translators on the trip.

The opportunity to utilize my language skills made this GLOBASE trip particularly appealing to me because I was able to leverage a skill I have spent years developing and perfecting. It helped me to create a more holistic business experience.

Waving the Kelley flag among the Tikal ruins

My GLOBASE team
My Spanish language skills helped me to be more effective in my leadership role within our team. One of our greatest challenges was assisting our client in articulating ideas for additional uses for the program we developed.

Some of their comments included fine-tuning the program to make it even more effective. I was able to walk them through visualizing their current inventory management processes and understanding how those processes could be even more effective. That way, when we delivered the final version of our solution, they had a strong understanding of the basics of operations management and process improvement.

My Spanish, combined with the coding and operations management skills of my teammates, not only helped us understand our piece of the project, but also reminded us which parts we were responsible for. In the end, this was an opportunity only the Kelley School could offer, and it's one of the main reasons I applied here. In fact, in my interview for admission, I mentioned GLOBASE Guatemala as one of the programs that most interested me.

The beautiful patio at Tertulianos
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
carbola: Did you receive funding from Kelley?
Has anybody tried and managed to get some extra funding from Kelley so far?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.13
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
jondon86 wrote:
carbola: Did you receive funding from Kelley?
Has anybody tried and managed to get some extra funding from Kelley so far?

I don't think anyone has been successful so far.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think it's hard for applicants who have already been awarded a fellowship to ask for extra funding.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What about admitted applicants who have not been given a fellowship? Do they have any chance to ask for some money at all?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: Bloomington Audit: Sulay Alvarenga, MBA'15

Sulay Alvarenga, MBA'15, and her favorite things.

Kelley Experience Weekend is this Thursday through Saturday at Indiana University. More than 100 prospective MBA students will visit the Kelley campus and see what our program—and our thriving city—has to offer them. We asked Sulay Alvarenga, MBA'15, to recap some of her favorite things about Bloomington. Browse her list, and try a few while you're in town this weekend.

Fresh cookies from Baked! As someone with a serious sweet tooth, I was thrilled to discover a place in Bloomington that makes fresh baked cookies on-site with whatever crazy toppings you want. Only Baked! can give me chocolate chip, Oreo cookies with macadamia nuts!

Coffee ice cream from The Chocolate Moose I love ice cream in general, but there’s something special about The Chocolate Moose. It’s a place that’s iconic to Bloomington and the IU community. I have to say, it’s also the only place where I see people line up for ice cream regardless of how cold or warm it is outside.

Trying to get through HITT class at the SRSC The Student Recreational Sports Center has a ton of great group exercise classes, but my favorite one is High Intensity Interval Training. I first experienced the class with my good friend Aaron and it became a fun activity we would suffer through together.

Hazelnut coffee from Bloomington Bagel CompanyThere really is nothing like getting that fresh cup of hazelnut coffee from Bloomington Bagel Company right before class. It’s nothing fancy but always tastes so good!

The Sample Gates with the perfect fall backdrop While the Sample Gates are iconic to Indiana University, it’s seeing them with that picture perfect backdrop in the fall that makes you stop and really appreciate our beautiful campus.

Walking down Kirkwood early Sunday when no one’s really around Kirkwood is known for its high traffic, especially during Parents Weekend. I love walking around downtown when no one is around and seeing all the great local restaurants and shops we have.

Fancy Sunday brunch at Scholars InnAs a grad student, I try to be mindful of my budget, but there are certain things you just have to indulge in. Sunday brunch at Scholars Inn is definitely something you can’t pass up. I love their blueberry pancakes and mimosas!

Crème Brûlée french toast at Uptown Café I was definitely late discovering the crème brûlée at Uptown Café, but I’m so glad I did! The dish is just amazing; combining a great dessert with an iconic breakfast option. What could be better?

Lion King Roll at Japonee I only started eating sushi a few years ago, easing into it with avocado and California rolls, and then upgrading to spicy shrimp and eel rolls. The Lion King roll was probably the first specialty roll I ever had and I loved it! I’ve ordered it at other sushi restaurants, but it’s never the same. The one at Japonee is just special.

Tailgating in the fall Tailgating at IU is all about grilling on the lawn, having a few drinks and enjoying the fall weather with friends. I love seeing everyone in their IU and Kelley gear!

Basketball games at Assembly HallHaving gone to Georgetown for undergrad, I was excited to be at a Big Ten school where the basketball games would be on another level.  The excitement at Assembly Hall is crazy!

What are your favorite things about Bloomington? Join in on the discussion using the hashtag #BtownAudit.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: Kelley Team Wins Latin Business Case Competition (Again!)

By Cesar Sanchez, MBA'16

Last month, the Owen School of Business at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, hosted the second Latin Business Challenge.

The case competition provided a scenario in which a nonprofit organization (Nutri-Plus) developed a nutritional peanut based product (Mani+) to help reduce malnutrition in Guatemala. Currently, Guatemala has the highest rate of malnutrition in Latin America, where 50 percent of the children between 0-5 years old have some level of malnourishment.

Nutri-Plus is having issues making its operation sustainable, as they are currently selling their product at a loss and they are facing strong competition from cheaper products that are targeting the same customers as Nutri-Plus (mainly NGO’s). Students were asked to provide possible solutions to increase sales and make its operation more sustainable.

With the support of the Institute of Global Organizational Effectiveness (IGOE), the Kelley School of Business was able to send an MBA team to compete against several other business schools. As the only 100% Latin team, Alejandra De Caso, Miguel Florez, Santiago Hope, Sulay Alvarenga, and I used all the hard and soft skills learned at the Kelley School of Business to make our presentation both strong in content and structure.

Judges included representatives from Deloitte, AT&T, and the CEO of Nutri-Plus.

By making bold recommendations supported with extensive data, including increasing the price, changing the target market to partner with major corporations, and changing the sourcing of raw materials from organic peanuts to conventional peanuts which offered the same nutritional value at a much lower cost, the Kelley team brought home the gold (and the $5,000 prize) for the second straight year.

This case competition was a great opportunity for us to get our hands on real work experience while doing our MBA, and it was even more rewarding to work on a project that had a social impact in Latin America.

This competition showed once again the quality of the Kelley students and brought attention to the social issues in Latin America that should be part of the discussion in every business school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: How the Business Marketing Academy project prepared me for my summer internship

By Rama Srithara Ramanujam,
MBA ‘15
The Business Marketing Academy has a tradition of announcing the academy project teams during the BMA annual holiday party, and I was excited to have been assigned to a project for an American multinational conglomerate. As I reflect on my academy project experience, I realize its importance in preparing me for my summer internship. It was a great opportunity to learn about effective storyboarding and client engagement.

Structured approachOver winter break, our team kicked off the project with initial research on our client and their industry. As this was a 12-week project, we knew it was critical to map out the project timeline with checkpoints and intermediate reviews with the client to ensure we were aligned with the executive sponsors and the project goals and deliverables.

Right after the planning phase, we set out to understand the current business situation. The team interviewed several corporate managers across business units to understand the process bottlenecks and challenges the organization was facing. A good balance between internal and external research was essential to gain substantial insights that would help design our strategy.

Behavioral Psychology in BusinessThe academic curriculum and case-based learning in the Kelley MBA program taught me the key frameworks to use in assessing a business challenge and allowed me to develop my analytical thinking skills by discussing complex, real-life scenarios. My experience working on the academy project gave me the opportunity to see how theory can really differ from practice.

As future managers, while we would be involved in designing the strategy for any business unit or an organization as a whole, the academy project exposed me to the challenges organizations face in the implementation of a strategy. For our team specifically, the biggest challenge was managing perceptions of the strategic plan within (employees) and outside (customers and channels) the organization. And this is where organizational behavior, organizational culture and marketing communication come into play. The BMA project was a great experience that prepared me to take on my summer internship with more confidence and a clear roadmap to guide me.

Best of luck, BMA!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: Mexican Kelley Students Attend MBA Conference in Chicago

Rene Lopezvictoria, Sofia Nuñez, Santiago Hope, Miguel Cruz, Luis Contreras, Daniel Medina, Aurora Fuentes, and Claudia Tavera

By Jesus R. Salinas, MBA'16, IGOE Global Fellow

The fifth MBA Mexico event took place at the Kellogg School of Management on April 17 and at the Chicago Booth School of Business on April 18. For this event, current Mexican MBA students from top US universities get together to network and enjoy sessions from very distinguished Mexican executives, politicians, journalists, entrepreneurs, and other successful business people.

In this year’s event 150 MBA students had the opportunity to hear from 9 different speakers. On Friday, Claudio X. Gonzalez, President and Board Member of Kimberly-Clark de Mexico, kicked off the session with his speech about Mexico and its future potential. Then, Carlos Loret de Mola, anchorman of Televisa’s news program Primero Noticias, provided an assessment of Mexico’s current political situation as well as a detailed panorama of challenges faced by journalists throughout the country. The day ended with a networking event with some cocktails and appetizers.

On Saturday, Adrian G. Sada, Chief Executive Director of Vitro, started the day with a speech about Vitro’s main challenges and how he has managed to turn things around after rough years the company was facing.

Afterwards, there was a panel discussion where Pilar Aguirre (Chief Executive Director of Endeavor), Claudio del Conde (Founder and Chief Executive Director of Kichink), Alberto Saracho (Partner and Director of Fundación IDEA), and Enrique Jacob (President of Instituto Nacional del Emprendedor) shared their experiences regarding the entrepreneurship realm and opportunities available in Mexico. After the panel discussion, Margarita Zavala, lawyer and active member of Partido Acción Nacional, talked about education in Mexico and the different metrics that show how the country is improving in several areas.

The last speaker was José Antonio Fernández, Chief Executive President of FEMSA’s Management Council, who spoke about the things that must be done to keep improving the country as well as to focus on such actions that would contribute to the well-being of the society as a whole rather than on one’s own well-being.

After the last session, the audience split into several groups for a networking get-together in several restaurants of Chicago. The closing event took place at Hubbard’s Inn where all the students mingled together for the farewell party.

These types of events are very important because they contribute to a collective sense of awareness of the different challenges that Mexico is currently facing. They also contribute in the sense that they urge the potential future leaders of the country in taking actions to improve the current problems of the country in order to foster growth.

I want to thank Kellogg and Booth MBA students for organizing this event, as well as to thank the Institute for Global Organizational Effectiveness (IGOE) for sponsoring Kelley students to participate. It was a great experience and I look forward for next year’s event.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I recently accepted the Kelley offer. I am interested in living off campus and am looking for a roommate.
People who are looking for a roommate themselves, please let me know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi all ,
Any indian Got full ride till now ?
Or a generous amount of scholarship :D:D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert