Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:14 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
Invited to interview on the 18th by Imran Kanga. Fingers crossed. This will be the fist interview I attend.
Any pointers would be appreciated.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
edwin444pr wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
edwin444pr wrote:
I took the GMAT on January 5th and haven't received my official score with AWA. The application states that unofficial scores are ok for now but when I press Check Your Application, one of the components that it tells me is missing is the AWA score.

Should I put 0 in that box and submit or will I not be able to submit if the official score doesn't arrive before Friday?

If I were you I'd do that. Please by all means submit the application. You could very well change the data later by writing to the adcom. I am sure corrections would be allowed.
Also in my opinion AWA is not a deal breaker unless your English is poor, which I do not think it is from your query above. All the very best.

Thanks Vijay!

Submitted my application just minutes ago. Waiting for the link to do the video essays.

Any pointers on those? Any info would be appreciated.

Edwin

Yeah sure, I did the mistake of not being cool in the video essays. So that's the only pointer from my side, chill and go with an open mind.
The questions are very generic, like what would do if, what do you think about..etc and there is not right and wrong answer. So please just present yourself well and it should work out.
Use the trial questions as though they were live and the rest should be a cake walk.
45 seconds to think you response and 90 seconds to record your response. Total 2 questions, so altogether 6-7 mins. :)
All the very best.

Regards,
Vijay G
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
Send PM
Now, I am in the dilemma of which school to choose :(
I am sure many of you are in the same boat. Please please do put in some inputs.

I've admits from both Sauder and Schulich and am not waiting on Olins (would rather say might be and mostly dinged by Olins)

1. I'm not sure what the fees of Schulich are 89k $ is what they have mentioned, not sure what currency that is (USD or CAD). No mention of any scholarship yet :(
Sauder is 65k $ and no scholarship. If it's in USD, it's a nobrainer, but I assume and I really hope if it's in CAD, I might have to think.

2. Reputation wise UBC is well known in Canada, but Schulich is prominent in Toronto.
I don't have any idea of recent (2015) placement reports. But from what I've heard, the Sauder staistics of graduation are 6 months after December (77% employed) + Vancouver cost of living is high and salaries are lesser compared to Toronto (might not be true, can't quantify either).
Again I heard the career services at Sauder normally help well for getting internships and there are basically NO recruitment sessions on campus for Full Time hiring. Someone Please throw some light.

I'm not a finance enthusiast or even if I would be, chances of getting a finance job in Toronto is still slim, considering it's already a finance target for many people with background in finance.
I'm looking at Product management/Leadership roles/general management roles post MBA.

3. Does anyone know if Schulich has a paid internship term? I'm not quite sure if they are paid in Field study term and how easy is it to get those.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Considering I submit my written essays and other parts of the application now? how long will take for the generation of the video essay link? and how much time do I have for submission of video essays so as to be considered in first deadline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V32
Send PM
I had my interview on 6th Jan and admit mail on 14th Jan.
Interview with Imran Kanga
Questions:
Why MBA
why schulich
How you will contribute to class
tell something about you that is not mentioned in the application
challenges at work
then some follow up questions
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
janani28 wrote:
I had my interview on 6th Jan and admit mail on 14th Jan.
Interview with Imran Kanga
Questions:
Why MBA
why schulich
How you will contribute to class
tell something about you that is not mentioned in the application
challenges at work
then some follow up questions

Congratulation and all the best. Canada program or MBA in India program? Any scholarships?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
minion wrote:
Considering I submit my written essays and other parts of the application now? how long will take for the generation of the video essay link? and how much time do I have for submission of video essays so as to be considered in first deadline?

First deadline is 15th of January, which is today here in India. So you have to have completed all of the application components by today. I got the link to video essays about 5-6 hours after I completed my application. For some it has taken more than that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
havent decided yet.. got 30k scholarship and graduate stipend from mason...since i am sponsoring my education,may opt for mason...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
janani28 wrote:
havent decided yet.. got 30k scholarship and graduate stipend from mason...since i am sponsoring my education,may opt for mason...

Yeah, funding is tricky. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you.All the best to u too :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
minion wrote:

First deadline is 15th of January, which is today here in India. So you have to have completed all of the application components by today. I got the link to video essays about 5-6 hours after I completed my application. For some it has taken more than that.

I submitted yesterday and still have not received my video essay link. I sent an email to admission but no response so will have to wait until Monday at best to receive response. Will I be considered as Round 1 applicant or not?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
edwin444pr wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

I submitted yesterday and still have not received my video essay link. I sent an email to admission but no response so will have to wait until Monday at best to receive response. Will I be considered as Round 1 applicant or not?

Hey Edwin, Schulich is processing applications as and when they receive, so I do not think the rounds matter all that much. To answer specifically to your question, I do not think applications will be considered until they are complete in all aspects, which includes the video components too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
minion wrote:

I submitted the application yesterday. But haven't received any link for video essays till now. Since the application submissin acknowledgment was received yesterday within first deadline. Doesn't that mean application will be considered in first round?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
minion wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
minion wrote:

I submitted the application yesterday. But haven't received any link for video essays till now. Since the application submissin acknowledgment was received yesterday within first deadline. Doesn't that mean application will be considered in first round?

They are likely to be busy with decisions of those who applied before the NY. I know a few who got their admits in early Jan.
So be patient, it will come! :) You can also write to the adcom to remind, if you so wish.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Done with my interview today. The first of my MBA journey. I have a feeling it went well, as it ended in just 10 mins. Fingers crossed, waiting for the results now.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
shyamnambiar wrote:
They are likely to be busy with decisions of those who applied before the NY. I know a few who got their admits in early Jan.
So be patient, it will come! :) You can also write to the adcom to remind, if you so wish.

Hey shyamnambiar, have you made your decision? Which is it going to be? Schulich or ISB? and what happened with your Sauder results?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.99
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Done with my interview for Schulich yesterday...lasted about 30 minutes...Mr. Kanga was patient enough to also answer my queries....fingers crossed...
Does anyone know how much time they normally take before giving the decision???
Again congrats to everyone that has got in and best of luck for the rest who are in the process, like me :-D .
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts