Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:42 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Stern '18 (S)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
echonomix wrote:
Just got an interview invite. Is there a significant advantage to interviewing on-campus vs interviewing earlier locally? I'm going to NYC anyway in early-mid Feb so was wondering if it's worth to delay the interview.

Congratulations! Doubt there would be an advantage, as the standard interview is with an alum. Why would you think there would be an advantage (just trying to understand your logic)?

Also, since it's rolling, wouldn't you rather finish the process sooner? Since candidates are continuously being reviewed, there is a chance that they might fill your group (ex: already have enough x from industry y from region z).

Lastly, depending on your location, you might be able to interview with an alum who has a similar background as you and can provide you with valuable information about the program. Maybe you'll even interview with someone who is similar to you and you will have a great conversation with them, as many of us have, which will lead to a better outcome.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
bcya100 wrote:
echonomix wrote:
Just got an interview invite. Is there a significant advantage to interviewing on-campus vs interviewing earlier locally? I'm going to NYC anyway in early-mid Feb so was wondering if it's worth to delay the interview.

Congratulations! Doubt there would be an advantage, as the standard interview is with an alum. Why would you think there would be an advantage (just trying to understand your logic)?

Also, since it's rolling, wouldn't you rather finish the process sooner? Since candidates are continuously being reviewed, there is a chance that they might fill your group (ex: already have enough x from industry y from region z).

Lastly, depending on your location, you might be able to interview with an alum who has a similar background as you and can provide you with valuable information about the program. Maybe you'll even interview with someone who is similar to you and you will have a great conversation with them, as many of us have, which will lead to a better outcome.

Some schools have a preference for onsite interviews. It may help chances.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
jz4analytics wrote:
bcya100 wrote:
echonomix wrote:

Some schools have a preference for onsite interviews. It may help chances.

IMO - It does not make sense to wait until you are in NY. Almost all interviews (I don't even know what the exceptions are) are done off-campus by alumni. It makes no difference if you speak to a NY alumni or one in your own area. The process is rolling so get your interview in as soon as possible.

The only advantage I could see to waiting for an interview is if you want to go to campus and try to meet the admission staff. Even then - you don't have to schedule your interview for that same period of time in NY (although they may render your decision before you get to go).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Retired Moderator
Send PM
iwbwiwb1422 wrote:
IMO - It does not make sense to wait until you are in NY. Almost all interviews (I don't even know what the exceptions are) are done off-campus by alumni. It makes no difference if you speak to a NY alumni or one in your own area. The process is rolling so get your interview in as soon as possible.

The only advantage I could see to waiting for an interview is if you want to go to campus and try to meet the admission staff. Even then - you don't have to schedule your interview for that same period of time in NY (although they may render your decision before you get to go).

That makes sense for CBS (rolling, alumni all over the world, etc...). I know Yale strongly prefers candidates come to interview onsite in groups. Others are different.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
iwbwiwb1422 wrote:
echonomix wrote:

This is correct. CBS does not do on campus interviews. Almost all interviews are done by alumni. Very few exceptions are conducted over skype. I also had the same question back in Nov and I was told that CBS does not provide on campus interviews.

So in light of this information, I dont think you should be waiting to go to NYC for your interview. As CBS follows a rolling process for the admissions, it is better for you to schedule your interview earlier than later.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q760 V650
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Interviewed - Was pretty nervous but I think it well. We'll see.

Applied: 12/09
Invited to Interview: 01/05
Interviewed: 01/17
Interview Feedback Submitted: 01/18
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Applied: 12/31
Invited to Interview: 01/19
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congrats! I also applied on the same date. Mind sharing your profile?

HurricaneWillie wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Just got my interview invite! I'm over the moon.

Submitted/complete: 12/29/15
Invited to interview: 1/19/16.

I'm a "non-traditional" candidate - work in nonprofit fundraising, hoping to move into social finance.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
wsj1990 wrote:
Congrats! I also applied on the same date. Mind sharing your profile?

HurricaneWillie wrote:

Sure, non traditional background... working for family business in manufacturing right now, and would like to launch new business line post MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V46
Send PM
Kudos
Accepted and super excited!

App Submitted: Nov 8
Interview Invite: Dec 22
Interview: Jan 8
Feedback Submitted: Jan 9
Acceptance Notification: Jan 20
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Rejected without interview.

Applied 12/29, decision 1/20.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Application submitted 12/31
Ding without interview 1/20

Best of luck everyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q39 V37
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I am a veteran applicant about to start the application process. If anyone wants to PM with guidance that would be greatly appreciated. Especially if there are any other veterans in the forum who have gone or are currently going through the application/interview process. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
Send PM
Interview Completed- waiting on final decision

Submitted: December 10th
Interview Invite: January 5th
Interview Complete: January 14th
Interview Feedback: January 15th
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Real Estate
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
This whole process in keeping me on the edge of my seat. I applied 1/6 so I am guessing people who applied around then will get interview invites or dings any day now?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
mbahopeful89 wrote:
This whole process in keeping me on the edge of my seat. I applied 1/6 so I am guessing people who applied around then will get interview invites or dings any day now?

Looks like most people get invites after 3-4 weeks... but I bet CBS got more invites right around 1/6, as that was the pseudo-R2 (financial aid) date.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  65   66   67   68   69   70   71  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts