It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 22:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.56
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 02:21
Hello! Has anyone who applied in January received an interview invite yet?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2015
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: Australia
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Other (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 05:54
Dewdrops22 wrote:
Hello! Has anyone who applied in January received an interview invite yet?


Applied on 5th Jan, still waiting! Fingers crossed. When did you apply?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.56
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 08:15
bboredd wrote:
Dewdrops22 wrote:
Hello! Has anyone who applied in January received an interview invite yet?


Applied on 5th Jan, still waiting! Fingers crossed. When did you apply?


Applied 10th Jan, just wanted to see how long they are taking now as noticed people were hearing back after 3 weeks, which would make mine next week! I guess the wait is longer now...

Goood luck!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2014
Posts: 58

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 30

Location: Mexico
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 08:44
Dewdrops22 wrote:
bboredd wrote:
Dewdrops22 wrote:
Hello! Has anyone who applied in January received an interview invite yet?


Applied on 5th Jan, still waiting! Fingers crossed. When did you apply?


Applied 10th Jan, just wanted to see how long they are taking now as noticed people were hearing back after 3 weeks, which would make mine next week! I guess the wait is longer now...

Goood luck!


I applied on the 6th and haven't received anything yet. I guess that the volume of applications increased because of the fellowship deadline, so they might take 4 weeks to send invites or dings.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 30

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 08:48
Dewdrops22 wrote:
bboredd wrote:
Dewdrops22 wrote:
Applied on 5th Jan, still waiting! Fingers crossed. When did you apply?


Applied 10th Jan, just wanted to see how long they are taking now as noticed people were hearing back after 3 weeks, which would make mine next week! I guess the wait is longer now...

Goood luck!


I applied on the 6th and haven't received anything yet. I guess that the volume of applications increased because of the fellowship deadline, so they might take 4 weeks to send invites or dings.



Same here. Applied on the 6th and haven't heard anything yet. It should be any day now.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
GPA: 3.83
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 09:58
Does anyone have a hard time scheduling an interview? I emailed 4 and still haven't gotten one worked out yet.

Any tips there?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Location: China
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 15:23
bimaldshah wrote:
Dewdrops22 wrote:
bboredd wrote:

Applied 10th Jan, just wanted to see how long they are taking now as noticed people were hearing back after 3 weeks, which would make mine next week! I guess the wait is longer now...

Goood luck!


I applied on the 6th and haven't received anything yet. I guess that the volume of applications increased because of the fellowship deadline, so they might take 4 weeks to send invites or dings.



Same here. Applied on the 6th and haven't heard anything yet. It should be any day now.


Applied on the 3rd. No more news here.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 07:03
Applied on the 5th and no update here either.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 117

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 07:35
doctorb wrote:
Applied on the 5th and no update here either.


I applied on 10th Dec...so it looks like I still have a long wait of one to two weeks...

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2014
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 10:28
applied 01/04
dinged 01/29

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 84

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Schools: Sloan '18 (M)
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 10:32
Applied 1/3
Dinged 1/29

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2015
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 10:46
mrbaker wrote:
What is the approximate time between the interview date and the decision date ?


Really varies but no more than 2 weeks. I got my acceptance at 2-week mark while I saw someone getting it the next day. Amanda said no way decision comes out after 14 days.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 137

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 10:54
baker123 wrote:
mrbaker wrote:
What is the approximate time between the interview date and the decision date ?


Really varies but no more than 2 weeks. I got my acceptance at 2-week mark while I saw someone getting it the next day. Amanda said no way decision comes out after 14 days.


I believe that I interviewed on a Wednesday, had my feedback submitted that Thursday, and got the acceptance call that Friday...

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2016
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '18 (A)
Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 11:35
Super excited to report that I got the call!! I missed it at first, but received a voicemail asking me to call back, and then I got the good news.

Applied: 12/20/15
Invited to Interview: 1/14/16
Interviewed: 1/27/16
Feedback Submitted: 1/27/16
Admitted/Called: 1/29/16

This forum has been really helpful, so here's some info for anyone interested--

Background: 27 female in construction management. 3.4 GPA, 760 V44 Q49. Recommendations from my previous direct supervisor and my current. Spent a lot of time on my 3 essays. Did NOT use an admissions consultant.

My interview went well- I reached out to a CBS alum that was in a different industry, but based on my googling and LinkedIn research, we shared some similar interests. We met at a coffee shop near her office. I arrived half an hour early because that's the type of person I am, and I was able to secure us a good spot in the back of the cafe. I had never done a coffee shop interview before, so I was concerned about how no one else was really talking and whether I would be too loud. The tables were a lot smaller than I had expected, however, and the interview turned out really intimate, pleasant, and conversational. One tip- I underestimated how loud the speaker was above the seats I had, and the music was louder than I would've preferred. But it turned out ok and I really, really enjoyed my time with my interviewer. None of the questions were anything out of the ordinary if you've done your basic research on this forum or through the Clear Admit interview reports (why MBA? why CBS? how will you contribute? what are your goals? why did you make certain decisions as reflected on your resume?). She was so awesome to talk to!! At the end, we had time for me to ask her questions. The interview took about 45 minutes.

I really appreciate CBS for giving me the call today (Friday), so I can celebrate this weekend. =)

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back. Hope y'all have awesome weekends!!

Last edited by mbahopeful1618 on 31 Jan 2016, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2015
Posts: 81

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 12:11
mbahopeful1618 wrote:
Super excited to report that I got the call!! I missed it at first, but received a voicemail asking me to call back, and then I got the good news.

Applied: 12/20/15
Invited to Interview: 1/14/16
Interviewed: 1/27/16
Feedback Submitted: 1/27/16
Admitted/Called: 1/29/16

This forum has been really helpful, so here's some info for anyone interested--

Background: 27 female in construction management. 3.4 GPA, 760 V44 Q49. Recommendations from my previous direct supervisor and my current. Spent a lot of time on my 3 essays. Did NOT use an admissions consultant.

My interview went well- I reached out to a CBS alum that was in a different industry, but based on my googling and LinkedIn research, we shared some similar interests. We met at a coffee shop near her office. I arrived half an hour early because that's the type of person I am, and I was able to secure us a good spot in the back of the cafe. I had never done a coffee shop interview before, so I was concerned about how no one else was really talking and whether I would be too loud. The tables were a lot smaller than I had expected, however, and the interview turned out really intimate, pleasant, and conversational. One tip- I underestimated how loud the speaker was above the seats I had, and the music was louder than I would've preferred. But it turned out ok and I really, really enjoyed my time with my interviewer. None of the questions were anything out of the ordinary if you've done your basic research on this forum or through the Clear Admit interview reports (why MBA? why CBS? how will you contribute? what are your goals? why did you make certain decisions as reflected on your resume?). She was so awesome to talk to!! At the end, we had time for me to ask her questions. The interview took about 45 minutes.

I really appreciate CBS for giving me the call today (Friday), so I can celebrate this weekend. =)

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back. Hope all y'all have awesome weekends!!

This is so awesome :-) you can now rest,lol.
Thanks for the insight on the questions asked.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2015
Posts: 91

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 33

Location: India
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 01:22
Can someone post the application, interview, decision graph for columbia.

Seems like, folks(including me) who applied around the fellowship deadline have no update yet..

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 33

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2015
Posts: 37

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 07:17
Applied: 12/31
Invited to Interview: 01/19
Interviewed: 01/30
Interview report submitted: 01/30

I am waiting for the final decision now. The interview lasted over 90 mins. The interviewer was really awesome to talk to. A lot of questions went back and forth and I think it went well. Fingers crossed.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2016
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GPA: 3.57
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 09:04
This wait is driving me nuts. I applied on Jan 3, 2016 and haven't heard anything yet. Hit the 4 week waiting mark yesterday. Does anyone know if there is any value in calling CBS and asking them for an approximate timeline?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 30

Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 09:06
IloveChips wrote:
This wait is driving me nuts. I applied on Jan 3, 2016 and haven't heard anything yet. Hit the 4 week waiting mark yesterday. Does anyone know if there is any value in calling CBS and asking them for an approximate timeline?


I really wouldn't. I met with the Director of Admissions in DC this past December, and he indicated the official timeline is 6 weeks. He said for those that apply before the merit consideration, it's usually more like 3-4, but those that apply in early January becomes more like 4-6. I'd take small comfort in the fact that at least Columbia is faster than most other schools, and try to think of no news as good news! They seem to "ding" as soon as they know for sure.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 30

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 23 Dec 2014
Posts: 285

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 09:08
IloveChips wrote:
This wait is driving me nuts. I applied on Jan 3, 2016 and haven't heard anything yet. Hit the 4 week waiting mark yesterday. Does anyone know if there is any value in calling CBS and asking them for an approximate timeline?


That would be unwise. Just stay patient. CBS probably got a huge wave of applications in the first week of January, because of the financial aid deadline and because many people were submitting R2 applications around then. Online, CBS estimates about 4-6 weeks... so go with that. You don't want admissions getting annoyed at you!

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2016, 09:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  67   68   69   70   71   72   73  ...  78    Next  [ 1548 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

  post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: bagdbmba



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.