GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 18:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q760 V650
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 23:15
Invited to interview.

Applied: 12/09
Invited to Interview: 01/05
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.48
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2016, 23:37
tizen wrote:
Invited to interview.

Applied: 12/09
Invited to Interview: 01/05

Congrats and good luck on the interview!! I applied 12/12 - going to be checking everyday for the rest of the week!
Current Student
B
Affiliations: MBB Consultant
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 02:54
faytfy wrote:
I would like to contribute some data point for waitlist admission.

ED App submitted 09/27
Invited for interview 10/20
Interview/feedback submission 11/02
waitlist 11/04
Call on 12/29

For those who didn't hear back from school, never give up!!

Congratulations!

Refreshing to see that Columbia calls applicants from the waitlist in a very short period of time! Relax and celebrate!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 09:05
Interviewed on 12/30/15, dinged on 1/5/16.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 16:41
Can someone do me a favor, anyone with an active application could you please go to the employment section and paste or PM me the instructions for that section here? I want to check something and don't want to make a new application on top of the one I submitted, thanks!
Intern
Intern
At what time is the deadline on January 6th?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 16:50
What time of the day is the deadline for the MBA applications on January 6th eligible to a merit fellowship?

THnaks
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: At what time is the deadline on January 6th?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 17:13
gloube wrote:
What time of the day is the deadline for the MBA applications on January 6th eligible to a merit fellowship?

THnaks

I really wanna know that information too, but can´t find it!

Anyone??
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 620 Q38 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
At what time is the deadline on January 6th?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 17:40
gloube wrote:

THnaks

If the site does not specify a certain time of the day, I believe you can assume that is at 11:59 pm. Be careful with time-zones (PST or GMT).
Please someone confirm this info, since it is just what I have found.

Help me with kudos to unlock tests!

Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 04:15
Hi,

Here are the instructions for the employment section:

- This section is for full-time employment only. You may include as many as three roles.
- If you have, or currently run, a business, a start-up, or a nonprofit in addition to your full-time work, please include this in the Optional Essay.
- You should NOT estimate either your salary or bonus. For “Ending Compensation”, please include your most recent salary and bonus. You must separate salary and bonus.
- Do NOT include other employer allowances (i.e. hazard pay) as part of your salary or bonus. You may include these separately in the "Duties/Responsibilities" section.
- If you are an entrepreneur, please explain your salary in the "Duties/Responsibilities" section.
- All salaries must be converted to U.S. Dollars.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 04:45
thank you, the 3 roles thing was confusing to me when I filled out the application, so I wanted to re-read it again. I think i should have approached it a bit differently but it is too late now.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 06:43
hey guys- quick question! i submitted my application on 12/25. Should I be expecting any email stating that the application is complete and thus starting the 6 week countdown? Meanwhile on the application portal I can only read "application submitted 12/25 and application complete 12/25".

Thank you and good luck to everyone!
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 07:38
ady871 wrote:
hey guys- quick question! i submitted my application on 12/25. Should I be expecting any email stating that the application is complete and thus starting the 6 week countdown? Meanwhile on the application portal I can only read "application submitted 12/25 and application complete 12/25".

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

I dont think you will get any such email. People who did get such emails were the ones who had applied for RD round but in September or October itself. It was more to quell the curiosity of the applicants who had applied too early in the cycle for RD round. On your application portal you will not see any other message except application submitted/completed.

If you do end up getting an interview invite or a final decision, you will get an email notification that a message has been added to your profile.
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 07:50
blockman wrote:
thank you, the 3 roles thing was confusing to me when I filled out the application, so I wanted to re-read it again. I think i should have approached it a bit differently but it is too late now.

Thank you!

I'm a little curious about this as well. I submitted my application yesterday, but my two recommendations aren't there yet. Got an email from CBS saying that my application was incomplete. If those aren't submitted by today (or by a certain time today) would I not be considered for financial aid? I guess it doesn't really matter much as it's unlikely that I would receive any... though I'd like them to start reviewing my application as early as possible.
Current Student
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 08:05
jz4analytics wrote:
blockman wrote:

Thank you!

I'm a little curious about this as well. I submitted my application yesterday, but my two recommendations aren't there yet. Got an email from CBS saying that my application was incomplete. If those aren't submitted by today (or by a certain time today) would I not be considered for financial aid? I guess it doesn't really matter much as it's unlikely that I would receive any... though I'd like them to start reviewing my application as early as possible.

I believe there was a post in this year's CBS' thread that spoke about such a scenario. your application is submitted but not 'complete' until you submit your recommendations. There is no time frame mentioned on CBS' website for recommendations. Best way would be to email adcom at CBS, asking them the timeframe within which you can submit your recommendations and whether application 'submitted' or 'completed' determines your round eligibility.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE: Law (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 08:56
Engr2012 wrote:
jz4analytics wrote:
blockman wrote:

Thank you!

I believe there was a post in this year's CBS' thread that spoke about such a scenario. your application is submitted but not 'complete' until you submit your recommendations. There is no time frame mentioned on CBS' website for recommendations. Best way would be to email adcom at CBS, asking them the timeframe within which you can submit your recommendations and whether application 'submitted' or 'completed' determines your round eligibility.

That's my understanding as well. The application is not complete until all elements have been submitted, including the recommendations.
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V40
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 11:09
deerhunter wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
jz4analytics wrote:

That's my understanding as well. The application is not complete until all elements have been submitted, including the recommendations.

Turns out that this isn't a problem for me since both recommenders submitted today. But I think the application said that all items must be sent within 3 weeks of the application submission, and that they don't review it until they have all materials.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 12:43
I submitted my application yesterday. Fingers crossed :)
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 13:00
petocities wrote:
gloube wrote:

THnaks

If the site does not specify a certain time of the day, I believe you can assume that is at 11:59 pm. Be careful with time-zones (PST or GMT).
Please someone confirm this info, since it is just what I have found.

Regarding the above statements - the CBS Twitter says the below, so it looks like 11:59pm EST today. Good luck to everyone!!

"Happy #Deadline day! Applications are due tonight at 11:59 PM New York time. Go here http://ow.ly/WzXL0 to complete yours! Good Luck!"
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 2.3

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 19:44
Just submitted for what's essentially round 2. Good luck fellas!

Taste the rainbow... Of Orange and Red

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.84

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 05:57
submitted 15/12 but one of recommender sent his letter two days later on 17/12. waiting really anxiously
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 07 Jan 2016, 05:57

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  63   64   65   66   67   68   69  ...  78    Next  [ 1549 posts ] 

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap