Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 04:35 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 04:35
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
AppBR wrote:
I have applied in R2, and still waiting for interview invitation.

ANyone in the same boat?

same here dude I applied on Jan 10 just before the deadline... when did u apply?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
BruceWayneBatman wrote:
AppBR wrote:

ANyone in the same boat?

same here dude I applied on Jan 10 just before the deadline... when did u apply?

Same date as you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
AppBR wrote:
BruceWayneBatman wrote:
AppBR wrote:

ANyone in the same boat?

Same date as you

Lol..applied on december 18th...still waiting for an interview call. I believe volumes have exceeded their expectations in R2..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi Guys

I had submitted my essays/video essays and completed the application on Dec 28th 2015. I had sent my official transcripts by post which reached on Dec 25th too. But it was filed under different name and my required supplemental items were 3 out of 4 till yesterday when they found out the mistake and updated it to completion. Does this mean my application was incomplete till yesterday and it was not considered for Second 2 delibrations? Kindly advise.

Soofi

p.s. Has any R2 applicant received interview invites yet?
Manager
Manager
Status:I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
Send PM
aderayo2002 wrote:
jeetparicha85 wrote:
jeetparicha85 wrote:
I am done with my ROTMAN interview yesterday evening. Sharing my experience.

The interview with Dimitra lasted about 40mins. Dimitra made me feel so comfortable, that it may not even be called an interview, was more like a casual chat with a few behavioural questions. The first few mins were just small talk so as to make me feel relaxed and comfortable. It helped that I had met Dimitra 1-2-1 when she was here in Singapore for the QS World MBA Tour in October. The questions (do not remember the particular order) were something like this. I might have missed adding one question from the interview.

- Walk me through your resume.
- Tell me one difficult decision that you had to make at work, and explain the obstacles and how did you negotiate the obstacles.
- Tell me your biggest professional achievement till date.
- Tell me one instance when you failed badly, and how did you bail yourself out of the situation. What did you learn?
- How and why did you decide to do an MBA? Why is now the perfect time?
- why ROTMAN? What do you intend to learn at ROTMAN and what are you most excited about ROTMAN? How will the skills learned at ROTMAN help you in your career?

At the end, DImitra said we were left with just enough time for 3 questions from my side. The interview ended with the information that I should be able to hear back from the ADCOM by next week.

The next few days are gonna seem like a few ages. Fingers crossed, and hoping to start the new year with some great news from ROTMAN.

Hi All,

I interviewed with Dimitra on 14th Jan (Thursday). She had mentioned that the next adcom meeting is scheduled for 15th Jan, and hence I should hear from ROTMAN early next week. Which means I should have heard from ROTMAN sometime earlier this week.

It's already 24th and 10 days since my interview, and I haven't heard anything yet from ROTMAN. Should I still play the waiting game or email Dimitra and check the status of my application?

Below is the timeline of my ROTMAN application:
Applied: 17th Nov
Invite received: 12th Jan
Interviewed: 14th Jan

Please share your suggestions. I am not totally freaked out yet, but I am starting to get a little nervous.

Jeet

Be patient. No news is good news.

I am in for the class of 2018. Got an email from Dimitra yesterday late night. No scholarship, just an entrance award of $5000 (I think everyone who is admitted gets an entrance award of at least $5000).

Please add me to an active https://gmatclub.com/chat group of ROTMAN admitted students. Would love to share experiences and take the decision together. My contact# is +65 - 9398 2895.

Also, is/are there any GC thread(s) for the admits of class of 2018 please?

Here is the timeline of my ROTMAN application:

Decision: 28th Jan
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jeetparicha85 wrote:
I am in for the class of 2018. Got an email from Dimitra yesterday late night. No scholarship, just an entrance award of $5000 (I think everyone who is admitted gets an entrance award of at least $5000).

Please add me to an active https://gmatclub.com/chat group of ROTMAN admitted students. Would love to share experiences and take the decision together. My contact# is +65 - 9398 2895.

Congratulations, the $5000 is your scholarship. Not everyone gets it.
Manager
Manager
Status:I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
Send PM
aderayo2002 wrote:
jeetparicha85 wrote:

Congratulations, the $5000 is your scholarship. Not everyone gets it.

Thanks aderayo2002. I am pleased to hear that :-D

Have to dive straight into financing options now. I can self-fund only 20% of the entire expense (i.e. tuition + living expenses + 6months buffer to find a job). I am estimating $170k for the entire experience. Is that a fair estimate? People who have already been admitted, are you guys also estimating a similar amount?

Based on my discussion with current students and alumni, the average period to land a job after graduation is 5.5 months. Plus I have factored no internship in the estimate, given that finding an internship is even tougher than finding full time jobs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got my call!!!!!

Rotman here I go!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thiagoav13 wrote:
Just got my call!!!!!

Rotman here I go!

Congrats. Please update your profile
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: General Management
Schools: NTU '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Congratulations jeetparicha85 and thiagoav13
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Just got the acceptance :)

but no mention of scholarship, does that mean no scholarship for me?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats!

I think that they usually put the scholarship info on the email
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Guys who got the acceptance, can you please tell me if they mention the scholarship in the email that the interviewer sends?

Also, what the timeline for paying the first deposit?

and how much is it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
AppBR wrote:

ANyone in the same boat?

Yee same boat
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
While I was going through my application. Although, I have submitted my video essays, and pasted the link of it in the space provided. I noticed that in the question "Have you completed you video interview?" The answer in "No".

I hope this doesn't create any problem.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Pasha737 wrote:
Guys who got the acceptance, can you please tell me if they mention the scholarship in the email that the interviewer sends?

Also, what the timeline for paying the first deposit?

and how much is it?

Scholarship is mentioned in the phone call. Congrats. Please update your profile. Acceptance fee is CAD$5000 payable within a month of getting your admit mail.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.42
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hey everyone, R2 applicant here.

Just heard from Dimitra yesterday, I have my interview on Monday feb 1st. Any suggestions/tips on how to address the questions?

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts