Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 04:11 It is currently 02 May 2024, 04:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 650 Q32 V48
GPA: 3.43
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: LBS '18 (M)
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
Hi Folks !
Got waitlisted w/o interview as well . Hate this feeling . A ding would have been better if the conversion chances are just 12% . Frustrated :/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
tinni123 wrote:
Hi Folks !
Got waitlisted w/o interview as well . Hate this feeling . A ding would have been better if the conversion chances are just 12% . Frustrated :/

Round 2 or Round 3??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Arnav180 wrote:
tinni123 wrote:
Hi Folks !

Round 2 or Round 3??

Round 2
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tinni123 wrote:
Arnav180 wrote:
tinni123 wrote:
Hi Folks !

Round 2 or Round 3??

Round 2

Did u apply for the 1yr or 2 yr
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Everyone !!!
Who all are Waitlisted W/o Interview for the 1 YR Program? Have you heard back from Ad Com Yet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Who do we send supplemental documents too? I read above that they seem indifferent to the LOR coming directly from recommender or the candidate itself. But whom do we send these to?

Has anyone requested and received a feedback on their waitlist profile? If not, how do you think it will be taken by the adcom if we ask them directly which aspect of a candidate's profile they would like to see enhanced?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
From what I have gathered, you have to send your supplemental docs to Kim Szpiro at kas396@cornell.edu.
If waitlisted you would have received a generic email about 2 or 3 timea as to how you can enhance your profile. If its gmat try retaking it, and if its gpa, take the mba math foundation course on coursera and submit that grade. Try an additional lor from ur manager if earlier ones were not from him/her.
And lastly if you dont fit into any of the above, just convey ur interest at least. The beginning of this thread has a chat transcript which contains some useful answers on the waitlist related questions.

Hope this helps :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I got waitlisted on 10th but have not received any emails from Cornell yet about being waitlisted as you have mentioned.

The context of the emails is about how to enhance your profile?
I wonder why I haven't received any of those.

loki2686 wrote:
From what I have gathered, you have to send your supplemental docs to Kim Szpiro at kas396@cornell.edu.
If waitlisted you would have received a generic email about 2 or 3 timea as to how you can enhance your profile. If its gmat try retaking it, and if its gpa, take the mba math foundation course on coursera and submit that grade. Try an additional lor from ur manager if earlier ones were not from him/her.
And lastly if you dont fit into any of the above, just convey ur interest at least. The beginning of this thread has a chat transcript which contains some useful answers on the waitlist related questions.

Hope this helps :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Real Estate
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
If waitlisted without an interview, do they interview you first before admitting you off of the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
mbahopeful89 wrote:
If waitlisted without an interview, do they interview you first before admitting you off of the waitlist?

It is my understanding that all admitted applicants are interviewed. Looking at past WL threads I saw a few individuals who were waitlisted w/o interview, and were then sent an interview request around March/April.

While the timeline this year is anyones guess, I think it’s safe to assume you’ll need to interview (at some point) in order to be considered for admission.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
sgk376 wrote:
Hi Everyone !!!
Who all are Waitlisted W/o Interview for the 1 YR Program? Have you heard back from Ad Com Yet

Waitlisted after interview for the 1 Year Program. I applied in R1. Haven't heard back from the AdCom yet with a final decision per se but I have received a confirmation that my "additional documents" and LOR have been added to my file.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.31
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
This might not be reassuring to any of you given the late nature, but I was a waitlist w/o interview last year. I finally got a interview mid to late May and got acceptance early June. I was actually about to accept elsewhere before I got the interview invite so the timing was quite good.

As a waitlisted candidate I kept in touch with my contact which was someone else at first, but transitioned to Kim Szpiro. I sent an additional essay portraying my interest and fit, and an also sent an additional LOR. I also reached out to current students and recent alums. While I was waiting to hear back after my interview, I also reached out to the CMC to inquire about career opportunities in Tech Marketing since that was/is my interest.

Anyway that's my story and here I am in my second semester at Johnson! As someone else said, GPA and GMAT are others things to try and show improvement on if you are below class average. Otherwise, I hope this is helpful to any of you. Let me know if you have any questions!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
R2, 2 yrs. interviewed on Jan11 and the final decision is that i am waitlisted. Anyone on the same boat? Suggestions/Advice?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Olin '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
tehshanimal wrote:
This might not be reassuring to any of you given the late nature, but I was a waitlist w/o interview last year. I finally got a interview mid to late May and got acceptance early June. I was actually about to accept elsewhere before I got the interview invite so the timing was quite good.

As a waitlisted candidate I kept in touch with my contact which was someone else at first, but transitioned to Kim Szpiro. I sent an additional essay portraying my interest and fit, and an also sent an additional LOR. I also reached out to current students and recent alums. While I was waiting to hear back after my interview, I also reached out to the CMC to inquire about career opportunities in Tech Marketing since that was/is my interest.

Anyway that's my story and here I am in my second semester at Johnson! As someone else said, GPA and GMAT are others things to try and show improvement on if you are below class average. Otherwise, I hope this is helpful to any of you. Let me know if you have any questions!

How does this timeline change for international applicants, given they have visa issues to sort out?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
AllforMBA wrote:
tehshanimal wrote:

How does this timeline change for international applicants, given they have visa issues to sort out?

And if the GMAT is above class average, does it make sense to give it again???
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Real Estate
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Are any of you thinking about retaking the GMAT? I really don't want to retake it. I'm thinking about taking another Finance course and writing another letter showing my interest. Maybe even visiting the school.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Has anyone's status here changed to the Interview stage? I am getting a little frustrated and losing hope.
I have sent an additional LOR and shared a few professional/personal updates. Can anyone tell me if there is hope!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts