It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 06:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 650 Q32 V48
GPA: 3.43
Reviews Badge
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 08:18
Waitlisted w/o interview as well...
Will send another LoR.. Could you guys share the question that our recommender should answer? I did not find it on the website.

Thanks for your help

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2014
Posts: 53

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Schools: LBS '18 (M)
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 08:23
Jayanthsp wrote:
I too received a WL without interview. Anyone with a status change? Any suggestions on how to strengthen the application?


Mind Sharing your profile, GMAT and Round in which you applied ?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2014
Posts: 53

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Schools: LBS '18 (M)
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 08:24
monpraw wrote:
Waitlisted w/o interview as well...
Will send another LoR.. Could you guys share the question that our recommender should answer? I did not find it on the website.

Thanks for your help


Mind Sharing your profile, GMAT and Round in which you applied ?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2014
Posts: 84

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 23:22
Hi Folks !
Got waitlisted w/o interview as well . Hate this feeling . A ding would have been better if the conversion chances are just 12% . Frustrated :/
_________________

Your first step to your dream MBA
https://mbamiss.wordpress.com/blog/

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2013
Posts: 38

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 51

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Design (Transportation)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 00:15
tinni123 wrote:
Hi Folks !
Got waitlisted w/o interview as well . Hate this feeling . A ding would have been better if the conversion chances are just 12% . Frustrated :/




Round 2 or Round 3??

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 51

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2014
Posts: 84

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 01:36
Arnav180 wrote:
tinni123 wrote:
Hi Folks !
Got waitlisted w/o interview as well . Hate this feeling . A ding would have been better if the conversion chances are just 12% . Frustrated :/




Round 2 or Round 3??


Round 2
_________________

Your first step to your dream MBA
https://mbamiss.wordpress.com/blog/

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2014
Posts: 53

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Schools: LBS '18 (M)
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 07:19
tinni123 wrote:
Arnav180 wrote:
tinni123 wrote:
Hi Folks !
Got waitlisted w/o interview as well . Hate this feeling . A ding would have been better if the conversion chances are just 12% . Frustrated :/


Round 2 or Round 3??


Round 2


Did u apply for the 1yr or 2 yr

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2014
Posts: 53

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Schools: LBS '18 (M)
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 07:24
Hi Everyone !!!
Who all are Waitlisted W/o Interview for the 1 YR Program? Have you heard back from Ad Com Yet

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 42

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Location: India
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 22:05
Who do we send supplemental documents too? I read above that they seem indifferent to the LOR coming directly from recommender or the candidate itself. But whom do we send these to?

Has anyone requested and received a feedback on their waitlist profile? If not, how do you think it will be taken by the adcom if we ask them directly which aspect of a candidate's profile they would like to see enhanced?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 04:15
From what I have gathered, you have to send your supplemental docs to Kim Szpiro at kas396@cornell.edu.
If waitlisted you would have received a generic email about 2 or 3 timea as to how you can enhance your profile. If its gmat try retaking it, and if its gpa, take the mba math foundation course on coursera and submit that grade. Try an additional lor from ur manager if earlier ones were not from him/her.
And lastly if you dont fit into any of the above, just convey ur interest at least. The beginning of this thread has a chat transcript which contains some useful answers on the waitlist related questions.

Hope this helps :)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2014
Posts: 42

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Location: India
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2016, 23:41
I got waitlisted on 10th but have not received any emails from Cornell yet about being waitlisted as you have mentioned.

The context of the emails is about how to enhance your profile?
I wonder why I haven't received any of those.

loki2686 wrote:
From what I have gathered, you have to send your supplemental docs to Kim Szpiro at kas396@cornell.edu.
If waitlisted you would have received a generic email about 2 or 3 timea as to how you can enhance your profile. If its gmat try retaking it, and if its gpa, take the mba math foundation course on coursera and submit that grade. Try an additional lor from ur manager if earlier ones were not from him/her.
And lastly if you dont fit into any of the above, just convey ur interest at least. The beginning of this thread has a chat transcript which contains some useful answers on the waitlist related questions.

Hope this helps :)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2016
Posts: 112

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 26

Concentration: Real Estate
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 10:08
If waitlisted without an interview, do they interview you first before admitting you off of the waitlist?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 26

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2014
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 07:22
mbahopeful89 wrote:
If waitlisted without an interview, do they interview you first before admitting you off of the waitlist?


It is my understanding that all admitted applicants are interviewed. Looking at past WL threads I saw a few individuals who were waitlisted w/o interview, and were then sent an interview request around March/April.

While the timeline this year is anyones guess, I think it’s safe to assume you’ll need to interview (at some point) in order to be considered for admission.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2015
Posts: 41

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 10:22
sgk376 wrote:
Hi Everyone !!!
Who all are Waitlisted W/o Interview for the 1 YR Program? Have you heard back from Ad Com Yet


Waitlisted after interview for the 1 Year Program. I applied in R1. Haven't heard back from the AdCom yet with a final decision per se but I have received a confirmation that my "additional documents" and LOR have been added to my file.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2014
Posts: 39

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 3

Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.31
WE: Information Technology (Education)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 20:42
1
This post received
KUDOS
This might not be reassuring to any of you given the late nature, but I was a waitlist w/o interview last year. I finally got a interview mid to late May and got acceptance early June. I was actually about to accept elsewhere before I got the interview invite so the timing was quite good.

As a waitlisted candidate I kept in touch with my contact which was someone else at first, but transitioned to Kim Szpiro. I sent an additional essay portraying my interest and fit, and an also sent an additional LOR. I also reached out to current students and recent alums. While I was waiting to hear back after my interview, I also reached out to the CMC to inquire about career opportunities in Tech Marketing since that was/is my interest.

Anyway that's my story and here I am in my second semester at Johnson! As someone else said, GPA and GMAT are others things to try and show improvement on if you are below class average. Otherwise, I hope this is helpful to any of you. Let me know if you have any questions!

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2016, 01:18
R2, 2 yrs. interviewed on Jan11 and the final decision is that i am waitlisted. Anyone on the same boat? Suggestions/Advice?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Jun 2012
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Olin '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 22:34
tehshanimal wrote:
This might not be reassuring to any of you given the late nature, but I was a waitlist w/o interview last year. I finally got a interview mid to late May and got acceptance early June. I was actually about to accept elsewhere before I got the interview invite so the timing was quite good.

As a waitlisted candidate I kept in touch with my contact which was someone else at first, but transitioned to Kim Szpiro. I sent an additional essay portraying my interest and fit, and an also sent an additional LOR. I also reached out to current students and recent alums. While I was waiting to hear back after my interview, I also reached out to the CMC to inquire about career opportunities in Tech Marketing since that was/is my interest.

Anyway that's my story and here I am in my second semester at Johnson! As someone else said, GPA and GMAT are others things to try and show improvement on if you are below class average. Otherwise, I hope this is helpful to any of you. Let me know if you have any questions!


How does this timeline change for international applicants, given they have visa issues to sort out?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2013
Posts: 38

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 51

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Design (Transportation)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 22:44
AllforMBA wrote:
tehshanimal wrote:
This might not be reassuring to any of you given the late nature, but I was a waitlist w/o interview last year. I finally got a interview mid to late May and got acceptance early June. I was actually about to accept elsewhere before I got the interview invite so the timing was quite good.

As a waitlisted candidate I kept in touch with my contact which was someone else at first, but transitioned to Kim Szpiro. I sent an additional essay portraying my interest and fit, and an also sent an additional LOR. I also reached out to current students and recent alums. While I was waiting to hear back after my interview, I also reached out to the CMC to inquire about career opportunities in Tech Marketing since that was/is my interest.

Anyway that's my story and here I am in my second semester at Johnson! As someone else said, GPA and GMAT are others things to try and show improvement on if you are below class average. Otherwise, I hope this is helpful to any of you. Let me know if you have any questions!


How does this timeline change for international applicants, given they have visa issues to sort out?


And if the GMAT is above class average, does it make sense to give it again???

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 51

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2016
Posts: 112

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 26

Concentration: Real Estate
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 07:37
Are any of you thinking about retaking the GMAT? I really don't want to retake it. I'm thinking about taking another Finance course and writing another letter showing my interest. Maybe even visiting the school.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 26

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2015
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg 1YR '18
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 11:09
Has anyone's status here changed to the Interview stage? I am getting a little frustrated and losing hope.
I have sent an additional LOR and shared a few professional/personal updates. Can anyone tell me if there is hope!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2016, 11:09

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 75 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! Narenn 7 22 Mar 2017, 16:29
215 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! kheown 921 27 May 2016, 09:11
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2017: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! Narenn 32 27 Dec 2015, 21:48
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling waitlisted applicants-Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2016 suhas1234 157 21 Jul 2014, 12:53
361 Experts publish their posts in the topic Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants hamm0 1160 03 Jun 2015, 05:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.