GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Feb 2020, 20:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Design (Transportation)
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 11:07
Jayanthsp wrote:
Has anyone's status here changed to the Interview stage? I am getting a little frustrated and losing hope.
I have sent an additional LOR and shared a few professional/personal updates. Can anyone tell me if there is hope!

nah man.. same boat as yours... i will start the whole process again... for next year....
Intern
Intern
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 13:08
Arnav180 wrote:
Jayanthsp wrote:
Has anyone's status here changed to the Interview stage? I am getting a little frustrated and losing hope.
I have sent an additional LOR and shared a few professional/personal updates. Can anyone tell me if there is hope!

nah man.. same boat as yours... i will start the whole process again... for next year....

Based on what I've gathered from prior threads, I would buckle in for the long haul. Judging by last years thread (admittedly a small dataset, so take with a grain of salt) material changes for WL candidates didn't start rolling in until April.

Hopefully this doesn't come off too negative ... but taking into account the 11% Waitlist conversion figure, and that theoretically Adcoms would exhaust all interviews from round 3 & 4 before revisiting WL candidates, there doesn't seem to be much "hope".

That said, lightening has to strike somewhere, so there is always a chance.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 03:57
Since I havent gone through last year's thread .. Did any one from the waitlisted candidates was selected later without he/she doing anything like submitting LOR etc .. ?? or its like the school expects us to send in these things then only they consider us ??
Intern
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 08:28
How prompt is Kim in reverting back on your updates? I sent my email 2 days ago and haven't heard back her acknowledgement yet. Anyone else faced a similar issue?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GRE 1: Q160 V157
GPA: 3.79
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 13:25
I sent an email to the adcom and had an email back in less than 24 hours, it seems that they are trying to work at a fast pace.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 19:44
Did you send it over to Kim? Or some other adcom member?

cesarbd1 wrote:
I sent an email to the adcom and had an email back in less than 24 hours, it seems that they are trying to work at a fast pace.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 06:56
I have sent a few updates to Kim over the last couple of months. She normally gets back within 1-2 business days. However, I did send in one update (around the Rd 2 deadline) that she took about a week to reply to. Given that the admissions staff as a whole are even more taxed during these times, it seems to make sense.

My advice: If you haven't heard back from Kim by next week, it wouldn't hurt to shoot over quick email.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2016, 11:04
Waitlisted without interview :-/
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg 1YR '18
Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2016, 09:37
Is it all but over for the waitlisted without interview candidates?
They'll have to first interview us to consider making an offer. Then the visa to be done in such a short duration!
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 09:09
Any movement on the waitlist?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 05:38
Nothing so far, at least for me
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 05:51
waitlisted without interview. R3
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 07:03
My guess is that we won't hear anything at least until the Round 4 applications.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 22:17
Anyone heard anything back?
I was interviewed on 9th but haven't heard back yet.
Does it mean no hope?

I have not been wait listed but still want to know if I should be hopeful?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 22:22
SherLocked2018 wrote:
Anyone heard anything back?
I was interviewed on 9th but haven't heard back yet.
Does it mean no hope?

I have not been wait listed but still want to know if I should be hopeful?

SherLocked2018 . Are you a R2 or R3 applicant. If you are an R3 candidate then you can expect to hear anytime before April 25th which is the deposit deadline for R3. They generally take 3-4 weeks to revert after interview. All the best! :)
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 23:52
R3 applicant..
Great. Thanks for your reply.

Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 14:23
Anyone waitlisted w/o interviews in R1 or R2 (Nov round) heard back something? anyone gets interview invite after being WLed?
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 20:25
Are you guys getting acknowledgment for submitting updates lately?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 20:45
SJ18 wrote:
Are you guys getting acknowledgment for submitting updates lately?

Yeah I got acknowledgements for both of my updates. But yeah they generally take 6-7 days to revert. Hope this helps :)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 02:03
I received my decision of being waitlisted yesterday after being interviewed on 21st March. Is Johnson open to queries regarding feedback on areas of improvement or should I update them after I have given my GMAT again (current score is 680 - giving it again after 2 weeks).
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!   [#permalink] 01 Apr 2016, 02:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 75 posts ] 

Johnson(Cornell) Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: vinayakvaish, chanjaso