Last visit was: 07 Jun 2024, 22:03 It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 22:03
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q40 V39
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.89
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.94
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
nautikal wrote:
dbrown wrote:
I emailed the admissions team today looking for clarity on tomorrow being the last day and Joyce wrote back to me and said:
"Our invitations began a week or so ago and are still going. We’ll continue to send out interview invites until the end of March. Any candidates that we can release early, we will do so ASAP, but unfortunately do not have a set date we can share with you.

I hope that helps."

Guess these people don't talk to each other before giving information out to potential students....

Thanks for the update, though hard to believe the "until the end of March" piece considering April 4th is the decision date. I could believe until ~March 11th though.

edit: Someone on Clear Admit brought up a good point - that the R1 deposit deadline is March 1st, so they may be waiting somewhat to see their R1 yield.

I agree, that is a good point. I also think that March 11th is a more realistic date. I spoke to the admission office today and the lady told that MIT will be sending invites for the next two weeks.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Research (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Okay, if the past, as recent past as R1, indicates what'd happen in the future, we may see something similar (this is based on livewire):

Round 1 was deadline Sep 17th (R2 deadline was Jan 14th)
Invite wave #1 on Oct 20th: NYC/BOS (major like 15 invites) (R2: happened around Feb 18-20th)
Invite wave #2 on Oct 30th: California + Dubai (smaller like 10 invites) (R2: should happen right about now)
Invite wave #3 on Nov 2nd-5th: Rest of US + international invites (major ~30+) (R2: should happen up to Mar 10th)

*Keep in mind that R2 is usually bigger and this year they are starting R3 for the first time, so this may be why they're not as smooth... Still this level of disaster really poorly reflects on Sloan.

Rejection seems to have been all released on Nov 10th (R2 equivalent would be Mar ~10th), and it appears for R1 the email from admissions contained more specific dates (ex. "We will begin sending out interview invitations in mid-October and continue until the week of November 9th, at which point each applicant will receive an updated status").

Additionally last year's R2 was due on Jan 8th and rejects went out on Mar 6th so again, we should expect to find out by Mar ~10th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
fakename wrote:
Okay, if the past, as recent past as R1, indicates what'd happen in the future, we may see something similar (this is based on livewire):

Invite wave #1 on Oct 20th: NYC/BOS (major like 15 invites) (R2: happened around Feb 18-20th)
Invite wave #2 on Oct 30th: California + Dubai (smaller like 10 invites) (R2: should happen right about now)
Invite wave #3 on Nov 2nd-5th: Rest of US + international invites (major ~30+) (R2: should happen up to Mar 10th)

*Keep in mind that R2 is usually bigger and this year they are starting R3 for the first time, so this may be why they're not as smooth... Still this level of disaster really poorly reflects on Sloan.

Rejection seems to have been all released on Nov 10th (R2 equivalent would be Mar ~10th), and it appears for R1 the email from admissions contained more specific dates (ex. "We will begin sending out interview invitations in mid-October and continue until the week of November 9th, at which point each applicant will receive an updated status").

Additionally last year's R2 was due on Jan 8th and rejects went out on Mar 6th so again, we should expect to find out by Mar ~10th.

Great analysis! I am an international applicant and still have hope.. 10 days to go! Good luck to everyone waiting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fakename wrote:

That´s great. Although I have low expectations. My video essay was seen only one time in mid Jan. I don´t think this is good sign, specially because fellows from my country have already been invited on the first waive.

I just don´t understand why Sloan tell us on the web chat that they will call students for interview up to March 1st, and then they change their mind. This is very stressing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Received an invite today at 12.38 ET!
Hang in there you guys there is still hope!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dont worry about that. MIT just saw my video one time in January and I was invited to the interview (I applied on jan, 14th and did the interview last week). Good luck!

ubii88 wrote:
fakename wrote:

That´s great. Although I have low expectations. My video essay was seen only one time in mid Jan. I don´t think this is good sign, specially because fellows from my country have already been invited on the first waive.

I just don´t understand why Sloan tell us on the web chat that they will call students for interview up to March 1st, and then they change their mind. This is very stressing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
clemluk wrote:
Received an invite today at 12.38 ET!
Hang in there you guys there is still hope!

Hi, sorry for my ignorance but I applied to R2 and haven't heard anything so stumbled upon this thread. Can you please elaborate? I'm curious what I should be looking for since I'm getting so much MIT spam.

Thanks and best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
fakename wrote:

Thank you for sharing this!!! Excellent analysis. :-D
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I still got download count for my optional essay. Now it has +20 download already. So can I still have hope~?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Today, clearadmit report some invitations to lain american applicants. I am a Latin American applicant and I did not receive invitation. :(
Do you think that is a ding for me?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
manolocaramelo wrote:
Today, clearadmit report some invitations to lain american applicants. I am a Latin American applicant and I did not receive invitation. :(
Do you think that is a ding for me?

I am on the same boat amigo!

Nevertheless, I guess speculating will not lead to any productive outcome. Just chill. We will be 100% sure in a few days.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.98
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Interview invite from California. I thought I was out of the game by now.. beyond excited.

22 year old with accounting/finance background. Strong extracurricular and college leadership.

This process is crazy. How can I get waitlisted at USC but an invite to MIT..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
jerfted wrote:
Interview invite from California. I thought I was out of the game by now.. beyond excited.

22 year old with accounting/finance background. Strong extracurricular and college leadership.

congrats!! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
jerfted wrote:

congrats!
Was application status changed?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.98
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Drilling wrote:
jerfted wrote:

congrats!
Was application status changed?

Nope, nothing on my portal has changed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hello,

Has any Mexican been invited to interview? I'm now feeling anxious... :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
dcorona19 wrote:
Hello,

Has any Mexican been invited to interview? I'm now feeling anxious... :(

I have seen a lot of people from LatAm but no invites to Mexicans.

I guess we will have news soon. Regardless the outcome I just want to leave this anxiety behind.

Cheers!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  54   55   56   57   58  ...  64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts