Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:45 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.76
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Goillini13 wrote:
Just finished my off-campus alumni interview. Very conversational and it lasted an hour. Was told Kellogg told them to keep it to an hour max.

What are the key questions asked?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Looking forward for my alumni interview next week! Wish you guys good luck!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
fabricioka wrote:
Looking forward for my alumni interview next week! Wish you guys good luck!

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Just had my off-campus interview. I think we went for 1:15.

Really conversational, great guy. The discussion was more about my fit with Kellogg than my work history.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anyone from Canada get their interview invites yet?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Just got done with my alumni interview. In terms of topics covered, it's exactly what you'd expect. Additionally, it was fairly conversationaI.

I personally felt I did a lot better on some answers than on others, so I don't know exactly what to make of it.

The interviewer was really nice, spoke freely, and took down a lot of notes. He didn't seem too happy with a couple of points I was making, particularly my long term goals (said they weren't ambitious enough)....yikes! He also asked me which other schools I'd be applying to, to which I responded honestly. Apart from that, really didn't give away that much.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and really hoping for a positive outcome. Getting into Kellogg has been my dream for the longest time.

All the best to the rest of you :)

Let the waiting game begin.

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
mr7183 wrote:
Just had my off-campus interview. I think we went for 1:15.

Really conversational, great guy. The discussion was more about my fit with Kellogg than my work history.

Your interview was over an hour long?? What did you guys even talk about? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
vchopra wrote:
Anyone from Canada get their interview invites yet?

Yes I did (from Vancouver). Just had mine today. Went well - great interviewer and good range of topics. Why MBA, why Kellogg, talked about my work history, clubs at Kellogg etc. Was about 35 mins but felt longer for some reason. Now the long wait begins. :) Good luck to everyone else in their interviews.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: How Kellogg applicants are assessed – Part 6
When Kellogg admissions officers review an application, they evaluate potential students based on six categories. Here, Melissa Rapp, director of admissions for Kellogg’s Full-Time MBA Programs, demystifies what happens once you submit your materials and helps you think about how to craft the story that will help the Admissions team learn more about you.

[b]TODAY’S TOPIC: INTERPERSONAL SKILLShttps://kelloggmbastudents.files. ... .jpg?w=627
[/b]

ADDITIONAL TOPICS: Work experience, Intellectual ability, Professional goals, Leadership, Impact

Our community values collaboration, involvement and giving back, and we look for these characteristics in our applicants as well. A significant part of the admissions process is ensuring a good fit between the student and program. If you thrive in a team-based environment, Kellogg could be the right fit for you.

The ability to work in teams doesn’t mean agreeing all of the time, nor is it an easy approach. Team-based learning means you can push ideas, disagree respectfully and challenge each other, but you’re doing so in a way that’s both productive and conducive to a better outcome. Our ideal applicant likes to hear different viewpoints, respects others, can challenge opinions and isn’t afraid to speak up, but can do so in a way that’s collaborative and would help further a group or classroom conversation.

If everyone came from the exact same environment and was used to working in the exact same way, no one would learn much from each other. The diversity of perspectives and opinions in our community creates a rich arena for debate. Bringing together different perspectives enhances everyone’s experience. Learning to synthesize and negotiate those differences is a vital component of the Kellogg experience, too.

Some applicants’ backgrounds line up very well with business school, and they may have had more opportunities to demonstrate interpersonal skills. We recognize that some people may come from an environment that requires more independent work, however. If you want to grow your interpersonal skills and you crave more teamwork and collaboration, be sure to share this valuable information with our Admissions team.

Apply now!

For more information about Kellogg’s application components, visit our website.

Melissa Rapp is the Director of Admissions for the Full-Time MBA and MS in Management Studies Programs. Melissa joined the Evanston Admissions team in January 2016 and was previously the Director of Admissions for the Evening & Weekend MBA Program located on Kellogg’s Chicago campus. She has over 15 years of higher education and admissions experience.

Filed under: Admissions, Uncategorized Tagged: admissions, admissions advice, admissions officers, admissions tips, Advice, application, application materials, application tips, applications, Director of Admissions, Kellogg admissions officers https://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8082/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
I had my off-campus interview today, lasted about 1 hour. Very friendly and nice.
Should I see any update in my application status? (Interview report submitted or something like that?)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
How do you tell if Kellogg is interested in you? I know this is an odd question, but with other schools you know because they invite you to interview. With Kellogg they invite most people don't they? Is it just a surprise when they send out admits/dings?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
gmatgmatgmat1990 wrote:
How do you tell if Kellogg is interested in you? I know this is an odd question, but with other schools you know because they invite you to interview. With Kellogg they invite most people don't they? Is it just a surprise when they send out admits/dings?

I was thinking the exact same thing today! I can't even tell if my interviewer felt positively about me, let alone the Admissions Committee. :lol:
Does Kellogg have any formal "release" procedure wherein denied applicants are informed in advance of the notification deadline? Or is it just one big build-up until the very end?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
What's the attire for the alumni interviews? I'm meeting my interviewer at a Starbucks, so I'm thinking a tie might be too much...?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mj800 wrote:
What's the attire for the alumni interviews? I'm meeting my interviewer at a Starbucks, so I'm thinking a tie might be too much...?

Better to overdress than to underdress!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hormazd91 wrote:
gmatgmatgmat1990 wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing today! I can't even tell if my interviewer felt positively about me, let alone the Admissions Committee. :lol:
Does Kellogg have any formal "release" procedure wherein denied applicants are informed in advance of the notification deadline? Or is it just one big build-up until the very end?

Anyone have any insight on this?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1492 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Top Contributor
When does the interview calls start for Indian applicants?
Anyone from hyderabad here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
gmatgmatgmat1990 wrote:
Hormazd91 wrote:
gmatgmatgmat1990 wrote:

Anyone have any insight on this?

Sadly you won't know beforehand ... either you get the call on the deadline or you will get a ding/ waitlist mesage. I was waitlisted last year despite me being very positive about the interview.. maybe other parts of the app didn't quite add up
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts