It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 02:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
S

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 03:47
Not to forget there are few people who defer their case too. That might explain the case. Or may be its just not in place!

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 79

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 07:44
Got my off-campus interview invite yesterday as well.

Out of curiosity, what is success rate after the interview and is receiving an interview even considered a success or positive sign?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 18008 [0], given: 1988

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 07:46
kdog147 wrote:
Got my off-campus interview invite yesterday as well.

Out of curiosity, what is success rate after the interview and is receiving an interview even considered a success or positive sign?

Absolutely positive, but not as positive as other schools. Kellogg tends to interview most people as it takes community in the class really seriously. That said, you really should focus on your interview prep. I am still hoping I get an invite soon.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 08:17
Got my Skype interview invite yesterday, was a little shocking if I'm honest, only 3 days after I posted my video essays (which did not go too well unfortunately).

My question, is this interview the real deal? Or is this a "pre-interview" interview? I did not see any extra rounds mentioned on the website, except for the Essays, video essay and interview. So is this the final interview?

Cheers

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 18

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 08:20
mbanter wrote:
Got my Skype interview invite yesterday, was a little shocking if I'm honest, only 3 days after I posted my video essays (which did not go too well unfortunately).

My question, is this interview the real deal? Or is this a "pre-interview" interview? I did not see any extra rounds mentioned on the website, except for the Essays, video essay and interview. So is this the final interview?

Cheers

That would be your final interview. My understanding is that the adcom will not start reviewing your application unless they receive your interview report.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 18

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.76
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 08:20
They try to interview everyone. Unless you get a waiver, your interview will take place before they've read your file.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Consortium Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 30

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 08:53
What I've gathered from reading this thread and last years' is if you're a domestic applicant an interview invite doesn't mean much. If you're international from a competitive market like India, then it's a good sign. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 30

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

How Kellogg applicants are assessed – Part 5 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 09:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: How Kellogg applicants are assessed – Part 5
When Kellogg admissions officers review an application, they evaluate potential students based on six categories. Here, Melissa Rapp, director of admissions for Kellogg’s Full-Time MBA Programs, demystifies what happens once you submit your materials and helps you think about how to craft the story that will help the Admissions team learn more about you.

TODAY’S TOPIC: IMPACT https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/real.jpg?w=627

ADDITIONAL TOPICS: Work experience, Intellectual ability, Professional goals, Leadership

Our team understands how demanding a career can be, but pursuing interests outside the office helps maintain a balanced and engaged life. Our Admissions committee wants to understand what fulfills applicants outside of work and how they’ve made an impact within an organization or a community that matters to them. In the United States, we think of this as “extracurricular activity,” but it applies all over the globe.

What matters here is quality of experience over quantity; two years of involvement with one activity means a lot more than eight brief commitments in eight different places. We like to see our applicants involved with something they’re truly passionate about.

If it fits in with your personal career narrative — say you volunteer with a literacy organization and you want to pursue education policy after Kellogg — that’s great. But for plenty of applicants, a personal passion or commitment is not directly connected to career goals at all.

We also recognize that some jobs may not leave a lot of room for involvement outside of work. Thankfully, there are opportunities for impact within the workplace, too. Did you lead recruiting efforts? Did you spearhead a green building initiative? Having an impact on organizational culture or community is just as valid, important and interesting to us. Passion and engagement are universal features within the Kellogg community, and there are a lot of ways to show us that you’re the type of person who makes a difference.

Apply now!

For more information about Kellogg’s application components, visit our website.

Melissa Rapp is the Director of Admissions for the Full-Time MBA and MS in Management Studies Programs. Melissa joined the Evanston Admissions team in January 2016 and was previously the Director of Admissions for the Evening & Weekend MBA Program located on Kellogg’s Chicago campus. She has over 15 years of higher education and admissions experience.

Filed under: Admissions, Uncategorized Tagged: admissions, admissions advice, admissions officers, admissions tips, application, application materials, application tips, applications, Director of Admissions, full-time, full-time mba, full-time MBA programs, Kellogg admissions officers http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8045/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 13

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 22:55
Got my interview invite yesterday and mailed the alum. Didn't get a reply yet. How much time should I wait before calling him?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 22:59
Basanti wrote:
Got my interview invite yesterday and mailed the alum. Didn't get a reply yet. How much time should I wait before calling him?

As suggested in the Email by Kellogg, one week.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2016, 23:19
Well it says wait 1 week before contacting Kellogg in case the interviewer does not reply. They don't mention anything about calling the interviewer

Manager
Manager

Tips for applying to Kellogg – Part 5 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 08:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Tips for applying to Kellogg – Part 5
Applying to business school is a commitment. You will devote hours to test prep, drafting and redrafting essays, practicing for interviews, perusing websites and visiting campuses.

We get lots of questions about how applicants can make their application stand out, so this week, we are sharing suggestions on how you can help distinguish yourself and express why Kellogg is the right school for you.

TODAY’S TOPIC: THE INTERVIEW https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/real.jpg?w=627

ADDITIONAL TOPICS: Test scores, essays, letters of recommendation, video essays

Since we offer both on-campus and off-campus interviews, many applicants wonder if there is an advantage to doing one over the other.

The honest answer is no: All interviews are evaluated the same way, so you should choose whatever works best for your schedule.

The interview is your opportunity to highlight aspects of your story that you believe are most important and to let us know about anything you weren’t able to address in the application. Whoever interviews you will not have seen your application — just your resume — so be sure to provide context and background for him or her. We won’t ask you to solve any business cases or tough quant questions, so you can relax and enjoy the conversation! We really want to hear why you believe Kellogg is the right school for you and how you will contribute to our community.

As a reminder, the interview is one component of the application; it is important, but it’s just one piece, and it will be considered alongside all other aspects of your application. In the end, you want your total application, including the interview, to reflect your authentic story. Above all else, be thoughtful, be honest and be yourself. We are very excited to get to know you.

Apply now!

For more information about Kellogg’s application components, visit our website.

Melissa Rapp is the Director of Admissions for the Full-Time MBA and MS in Management Studies Programs. Melissa joined the Evanston Admissions team in January 2016 and was previously the Director of Admissions for the Evening & Weekend MBA Program located on Kellogg’s Chicago campus. She has over 15 years of higher education and admissions experience.

Filed under: Admissions, Uncategorized Tagged: admissions, admissions advice, admissions officers, admissions tips, Advice, application, application materials, application tips, applications, Director of Admissions, full-time, full-time mba, full-time MBA programs, Kellogg admissions officers http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8051/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 1

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 09:33
I would wait until Monday. Some people cannot email during the week or may be traveling for work (this happened with one of my clients in Round 1).
If it's nearing the end of the day on Monday and you still haven't heard anything, I would send a follow-up email first before calling. By the end of the day on Tuesday you could call -- BUT BE POLITE, obviously. Then if Wednesday has been a full week since your first email you should circle back with Kellogg as I believe the instructions indicate.

And don't worry -- they have seen this happen before. They'll just find another contact for you -- it will not affect your odds in any way.

Good luck!

Basanti wrote:

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2016, 22:09
Thanks for the valuable input Erika.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg '19 (A)
Kellogg Recommendation Questions? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 07:50
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Engr2012 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
They have the last years questions. I just checked with one of my recommenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing is that most of the top 10 schools have very similar if not exactly verbiage for the main questions. Only difference will be the word limits for the questions will vary from school to school.

Posted from my mobile device

Could someone confirm the above statements?
Some websites mention a third question: "Please comment on the candidate’s openness to new experiences and demonstrated intellectual curiosity. (300 words)"

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 12:22
Just got the interview invite (off-campus).

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 4

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 12:24

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 12:31
Got my off campus interview info as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 13

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Schools: Yale '19 (A)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 17:47
So my live interview got canceled (because of a mismatched alum -- they accidentally matched me with an alum in another city), and I now have a Skype adcom interview.

Are the Skye adcom interviews blind? Also, any consensus on adcom interviews vs. alum interviews?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2016, 18:28
Got my off campus interview! Already sent an e-mail to the interviewer.

Good luck to everyone! Relax and be yourself. Think that your future Kellogg classmates are just as anxious/excited as you are, so you can all have a good laugh about this moment by December! :D

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 30 Sep 2016, 18:28

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  38    Next  [ 748 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap