Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 03:33 It is currently 04 May 2024, 03:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
mr7183 wrote:
I'm headed to Hanover later this month for the applicant initiated interview (applied already in the January round).

Do you think I should update my resume for the interview to include my GMAT score? I was thinking it could turn out to be an implicit benefit and show that I am a strong academic fit.

mr7183 when will you be there? I'm going up for a long weekend and have my interview next Tuesday!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
npgolf wrote:
I believe Tuck only allows non-interview visits during the Spring Term which begins in late March and runs through the end of May. The weather should at least be better that time of year. Visiting during the spring would be a great way to confirm your interest in the school.

From the Tuck website: "**Please Note: For candidates applying in 2017-2018 cycle, visits without an interview will be available during the Spring Term."

Ya but i was hoping they would have something in early march. Oh well ill go in may then. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
KE139 wrote:
mr7183 wrote:
I'm headed to Hanover later this month for the applicant initiated interview (applied already in the January round).

Do you think I should update my resume for the interview to include my GMAT score? I was thinking it could turn out to be an implicit benefit and show that I am a strong academic fit.

mr7183 when will you be there? I'm going up for a long weekend and have my interview next Tuesday!

I'm headed up with the GF next weekend. I will get there on either Saturday or Sunday and stay through Monday afternoon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi everyone!

I am scheduled to do the self-initiated interview this month. Unfortunately, my agenda has changed and I may have to cancel my slot. The problem is that all slots are already taken so I cannot reschedule. Does this mean that my application is doomed? Do you think new interview slots will be added?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
charcb wrote:
Hi everyone!

I am scheduled to do the self-initiated interview this month. Unfortunately, my agenda has changed and I may have to cancel my slot. The problem is that all slots are already taken so I cannot reschedule. Does this mean that my application is doomed? Do you think new interview slots will be added?

Did you try contacting admissions ?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [1]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Any clues on when the January round interview invites are going out?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Before submitting my application, I scheduled an on campus interview and visit to Tuck, and it was far more than I expected. Tuck is at the top of my list, and the visit just reaffirmed everything I already heard from current Tuckies, reading reviews online, etc.

Here's an overview of my day:

There were about 20 of us interviewing, all Round 2 applicants, and our interviews were spread throughout the day. Our interview time determined our class visit. I visited the Marketing course (core course in winter term) and there were 50-60 T'18s in the class. It is also interview week on campus, so the school was busy with lots of companies and organizations there to interview for summer internships. After class, everyone had lunch together and a Q&A session with 3 first year students. We then did a quick campus tour, followed by a Q&A with admissions. Finally, I had my interview.

I interviewed with an Admissions Associate (second year student) and it was extremely conversational and relaxed. We had a casual conversation to start, interviewer asked me a few questions, then I asked them some questions. It lasted about 45 minutes total, but only 25 minutes of it was me answering questions. The interview had the standard questions you've probably read everywhere else: Resume walkthrough. Why an MBA and why now? Why Tuck? Short term/long term goals? Two "Tell me about a time when" questions.

If you interview at Tuck, do not stress about it. After my experience today, I can confidently say you absolutely should not stress. Stay calm and treat it like a conversation with a friend. You'll feel far more relaxed that way and my interviewer did an excellent job of making sure things stayed comfortable and casual.

Interviewed on: 2017/01/17
GMAT: 720, Q47, V41
WE: 50 months
Industry: Non-Profit and Government
Submitted on: 2017/01/04
Interviewed on: 2017/01/17
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Flameboy wrote:
+1 for the January round.

Cannot wait to hear back (even though its only been about a week ha ha). Does anyone know if they wait till the notification deadline (March for the Jan round) or do they send decisions out as and when they have them ready?

All the best to everyone!

During my visit yesterday, Kristin Roth told us all decisions will be released at the same time on March 10th at 5PM EST. We should only hear from admissions if they have specific questions about our application... so I guess we just sit tight and hope for the best!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Straight Outta Q&A: Centers & Initiatives

This afternoon, I hosted our daily “Q&A with an Admissions Officer” session. Like many other days (most, really), the prospective student visitors had questions about Tuck’s Research Centers and Initiatives—today it happened to be the Revers Energy Initiative and the Center for Business, Government, & Society. Generally speaking, Centers and Initiatives connect the classroom to the real world. Here, the website explains it a little better:

[Centers and Initiatives] support faculty research, enrich the curriculum and learning environment for students, and connect the school more directly with practitioners and thought leaders in each field. Each sponsors its own programs and qualified MBA students are invited to serve as fellows, research associates, roundtable members, or participants in independent study projects.

Our current Centers and Initiatives revolve around industries such as technology, government and society, private equity and entrepreneurship, energy, and healthcare. How involved you get with each is up to you, but this is one of the best, most influential ways to dive deeply into a particular sector outside of the classroom.  

As an MBA student, there are opportunities to participate in programing with visiting executives, collaborate with faculty on related research, receive advice and mentorship from staff and alumni, participate in case competitions, and more. Centers and Initiatives also partner closely with each other, with student led clubs, and with the Career Development Office in various ways (for example, on Career Insight Expeditions which allow students to visit relevant companies in various areas of the United States and world). Finally, the directors and faculty affiliated with each Center or Initiative are phenomenal, and have significant experience to draw from and share.

All Centers and Initiatives operate a little bit differently and have somewhat different offerings—please (!) take some time to explore the ones that interest you. Their websites are full of more detail, profiles of current students, and faculty bios. Many offer contact information as well. Utilize these resources!

My hope in the Q&A (and here) is to give you a brief overview, but it’s up to you to dig deeper! The resources are there—take advantage of them. If you do, you’ll inevitably be a stronger candidate, better equipped to decide whether Tuck is right for you, and as a student, ready to jump into everything Tuck has to offer.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
bb10 wrote:

I applied on Jan-3 and received an interview invitation yesterday by mail. I don´t know how to treat this because from what I´ve heard they interview a great number of applicants. What are your thoughts on this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Tuck '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
jorgebertin wrote:
bb10 wrote:

I applied on Jan-3 and received an interview invitation yesterday by mail. I don´t know how to treat this because from what I´ve heard they interview a great number of applicants. What are your thoughts on this?

By snailmail?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
tx-guy13 wrote:
jorgebertin wrote:
bb10 wrote:

By snailmail?

I meant by email, sorry about that! I'm excited about the invitation but dont know if they offer it to most applicants that couldn't initiate the interview themselves before

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
I wasn't able to secure an on campus interview and am now worried that that will affect my candidacy. Does anyone know how Tuck goes about granting off campus interviews or interviews by invitation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
deetdeet wrote:
I wasn't able to secure an on campus interview and am now worried that that will affect my candidacy. Does anyone know how Tuck goes about granting off campus interviews or interviews by invitation?

You application will be read by one person and they will make a recommendation if you should be invited to interview. They'll also make a recommendation of "admit" or "deny." If invited to interview, you'll receive a notification from Tuck.

Your app will also be reviewed by a second person who makes an admit/deny recommendation. If you were invited to interview, the second reader will see the interview summary.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Anybody doing their interview and campus visit on Tuesday? Im from SE asia and would love to connect!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Received an email today confirming my application status is complete and it has been passed along to an adcom member for review. Let the waiting game continue... *fingers crossed*
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Tuck '20 (WL)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
KE139 wrote:
Received an email today confirming my application status is complete and it has been passed along to an adcom member for review. Let the waiting game continue... *fingers crossed*

Huh. I have not received such an email. So basically I should wait to start getting antsy about getting an interview invite until I get such an email. Good to know!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts