GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 12:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 14:46
Decisions are up. I was dinged.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE: Architecture (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 14:50
Zoomwalt wrote:

my status still says submitted - where do you see it
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE: Architecture (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 14:51
vineetbhosle1 wrote:
Zoomwalt wrote:

my status still says submitted - where do you see it

just saw it - dinged
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 14:56
Waitlisted
Current Student
B
Schools: Ross '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.18

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 15:18
Goillini13 wrote:
Waitlisted

Same. Super disappointed, I felt as though my Tuck application was the strongest one I prepared. Oh well. I'll opt-in and see what happens, until then I plan to matriculate at Ross. Congrats to everyone who got in!
Retired Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 15:40
Congrats to everyone who got accepted :)

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Current Student
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tuck '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.54
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 16:32
Where do we see scholarship information, if any? Would it send a separate email for that or you're supposed to be able to see it somewhere, even if it's nothing?
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 16:57
Waitlisted
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 17:10
Waitlisted

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 22:32
I got a "soft ding" with the following message

Quote:
Of the applications we reviewed this round, the admissions committee felt that your candidacy showed significant potential and merited encouragement. Therefore, if you plan to re-apply next year and would like to receive feedback on ways in which you could strengthen a future application to Tuck, a member of the admissions committee would be happy to provide you with a coaching session in the spring/early summer 2017. Tuck pro-actively offers feedback to less than 10% of applicants, so our encouragement is sincere. To schedule a feedback session, please email your request.

Does anyone know what is the success rate on this? Tuck was my top choice, but waiting another year is very difficult, especially knowing that at the end of it all finances may not work out either. Could somebody please advise here?

Profile:
Indian female
GMAT: 710, TOEFL: 114
Software Engineering grad, Delhi College of Engineering: 74.64%
2 years as a S/W Developer at Oracle
1.5 years in Product Management across two startups
Currently a Product Manager in an India-US edtech company
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '16
WE: Engineering (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 23:16
This is quiye strange. I got the ding update last night and it says this::

"Thank you for applying to the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. After much thought and careful consideration, we regret to inform you that we are unable to grant your request for admission to the Tuck Class of 2019.

It is often difficult to fully appreciate the competition for admission to Tuck. Our decision is not a reflection of your intellectual abilities, personal achievements or potential success in management. The factors that most often contributed to our decision to not admit an applicant were the rigorous competition created by a strong applicant pool and our commitment to maintain a small class size. This year’s pool is exceptionally strong. We know that many of the applicants who were not granted admission possess excellent characteristics that will serve them well in business school and beyond.

We sincerely appreciate your interest in Tuck and all the time and thought that went into your application. You have our genuine best wishes for success in achieving your future goals.

Warmest regards,
Tuck
Patricia Harrison
Amy Mitson
Interim Co-Directors of Admissions
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth"

Does it mean they do not even want me to re-apply next year. It's difficult for me to believe that my application was so bad that they did not even consider me for feedback. Strange!

Posted from my mobile device
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 04:28
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 08:47
Goillini13 wrote:
Waitlisted

Hey man, sorry to hear this, seems like we had opposite fates at Kellogg and Tuck. Regardless, I'm pumped for your Kellogg admit, that's gotta feel good going into the holidays!

My GMAT Journey: http://gmatclub.com/forum/660-to-740-keep-fighting-the-good-fight-212746.html#p1640502

Current Student
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 09:49
MANISHARORA6019 wrote:
This is quiye strange. I got the ding update last night and it says this::

"Thank you for applying to the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. After much thought and careful consideration, we regret to inform you that we are unable to grant your request for admission to the Tuck Class of 2019.

It is often difficult to fully appreciate the competition for admission to Tuck. Our decision is not a reflection of your intellectual abilities, personal achievements or potential success in management. The factors that most often contributed to our decision to not admit an applicant were the rigorous competition created by a strong applicant pool and our commitment to maintain a small class size. This year’s pool is exceptionally strong. We know that many of the applicants who were not granted admission possess excellent characteristics that will serve them well in business school and beyond.

We sincerely appreciate your interest in Tuck and all the time and thought that went into your application. You have our genuine best wishes for success in achieving your future goals.

Warmest regards,
Tuck
Patricia Harrison
Amy Mitson
Interim Co-Directors of Admissions
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth"

Does it mean they do not even want me to re-apply next year. It's difficult for me to believe that my application was so bad that they did not even consider me for feedback. Strange!

Posted from my mobile device

The post directly above yours indicated that feedback was given to ~10% of applications, unfortunately at the end of the day it's very much a numbers game. Some will get it and some won't. Furthermore, if you believe that your application was so good that there's no way they couldn't possibly not provide feedback, there may be elements in it that made you come off as smug, which could be a turn off.

My GMAT Journey: http://gmatclub.com/forum/660-to-740-keep-fighting-the-good-fight-212746.html#p1640502

Expert Post
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 23:52
noobexpert wrote:

Quote:
Of the applications we reviewed this round, the admissions committee felt that your candidacy showed significant potential and merited encouragement. Therefore, if you plan to re-apply next year and would like to receive feedback on ways in which you could strengthen a future application to Tuck, a member of the admissions committee would be happy to provide you with a coaching session in the spring/early summer 2017. Tuck pro-actively offers feedback to less than 10% of applicants, so our encouragement is sincere. To schedule a feedback session, please email your request.

Does anyone know what is the success rate on this? Tuck was my top choice, but waiting another year is very difficult, especially knowing that at the end of it all finances may not work out either. Could somebody please advise here?

Profile:
Indian female

I asked a colleague of mine who is a Tuck guru and this is his response:
"Yep it's legit. Most often these people get an admit next round even
without an interview (esp if they were interviewed this time before ding)"

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.71
WE: Accounting (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2016, 23:40
noobexpert wrote:

Quote:

Profile:
Indian female

For what it's worth I was dinged with this message for the class of 2014. I was dinged without it for the class of 2015, but asked for it myself and got it. I did not apply to the classes of 2016-2018. I was just accepted into the class of 2019.

The feedback was definitely valuable--imagine if before applying you could have someone tell you exactly where your application was deficient, what to work on, and what not to worry about. And that that person was going to be the same exact person reading your next application. For those of you who are offered the feedback, take Tuck up on this offer! For everyone else, ask for feedback anyway!
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2016, 23:51
kmcduw wrote:
noobexpert wrote:

For what it's worth I was dinged with this message for the class of 2014. I was dinged without it for the class of 2015, but asked for it myself and got it. I did not apply to the classes of 2016-2018. I was just accepted into the class of 2019.

The feedback was definitely valuable--imagine if before applying you could have someone tell you exactly where your application was deficient, what to work on, and what not to worry about. And that that person was going to be the same exact person reading your next application. For those of you who are offered the feedback, take Tuck up on this offer! For everyone else, ask for feedback anyway!

It might be a stupid question but do you think the same is true for waitlisted applicants? Or do you think the waitlisted candidates will have a different kind of a feedback, if any at all. I am yet to email Tuck expressing my intent in remaining in the waitlist but I haven't heard of any feedback that'd be given, yet.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 03:28
Congrats to all who got an admit, I'm assuming all candidates were from the early decision round..... did anyone who applied in round 2 (2nd Nov deadline) get an interview call yet?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 09:01
korvni05 wrote:
Where do we see scholarship information, if any? Would it send a separate email for that or you're supposed to be able to see it somewhere, even if it's nothing?

Same boat. Does anyone else know where and when we'd get this info, or does it mean no news = no scholarship?
Current Student
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.54
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2016, 09:13
aero2mba wrote:
korvni05 wrote:

Same boat. Does anyone else know where and when we'd get this info, or does it mean no news = no scholarship?

For what it's worth, according to LiveWire, even people that were notified of a scholarship when they got the call don't see it online. Not sure where (and/or when) it's supposed to be posted; hoping someone who knows can chime in.
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2016, 09:13

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  29    Next  [ 568 posts ] 

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap