Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.71
WE:Accounting (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
ramp275 wrote:
Also, can someone point me toward a topic for waitlisted students at Tuck? Is there one?

Here you go.
tuck-dartmouth-class-of-2019-calling-all-waitlisted-applicants-230789.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
mbsingh wrote:
ramp275 wrote:
Also, can someone point me toward a topic for waitlisted students at Tuck? Is there one?

Here you go.
tuck-dartmouth-class-of-2019-calling-all-waitlisted-applicants-230789.html

Thank you!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Waitlisted?

We know “waitlist” wasn't the decision you were hoping for. But rather than seeing this in a completely negative light, keep in mind that being waitlisted indicates there were many strengths in your application. Tuck receives a lot applications and the pool is very competitive. Also remember that it’s not over yet! Almost every year, we admit people from the waitlist to join the first-year class right up until orientation begins in August. To give yourself the best chance of being one of those people, there are things you can do while you’re waiting to prepare yourself for business school.

First, take a deep breath. Do something healthy for yourself. Spend time with family and friends, go for a run, or whatever you do to decompress. Good decisions about future paths are rarely made when you’re under stress or feel anxious. Release some of those anxieties and put your efforts into building a wise strategy for moving forward.

Second, follow the instructions. Your decision letter lets you know what you need to do next. You’ll need to decide whether or not you want to remain on the waitlist. If you choose to remain on the waitlist, an Admissions Officer will get in touch (typically early spring) to let you know if there are any steps you can take to enhance your application.

In the meantime, however, this is a good time to look back on your application and decide for yourself what your strengths and weaknesses are. An honest assessment of what you could improve is a great opportunity for you to come up with a game plan. Maybe you think you could score higher on your GMAT, or you realize your goals or your rationale for your MBA weren’t clear. That insight can help you take proactive steps now, without having to wait for feedback from us.

Third, trust the process. We know being in limbo is challenging. We work hard to make the waitlist process as informative and clear as possible. If we need something from you, we will let you know. Update us with important information such as promotions or updated test scores. There’s no need to make surprise visits to campus or stay in constant contact. Keep in mind how you handle yourself on the waitlist also gives us an idea of how you will handle yourself as a student. You can help your candidacy by maintaining your professionalism and checking in every once in a while.

Also, please be transparent and communicative with us about your plans. If you're in somewhere else and no longer interested in Tuck, please let us know. 

For those currently on Tuck's waitlist, this email address is the best way to provide updates or ask questions. As you look forward to receiving feedback, we thank you for your patience! 
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi,

I am from Singapore and I applied to Tuck in November Round. However, I haven't seen any update on the application. I believe Tuck has already started sending out interview invites for November round.
Should I still wait or consider it as a ding :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
crackdmba wrote:
Hi,

I am from Singapore and I applied to Tuck in November Round. However, I haven't seen any update on the application. I believe Tuck has already started sending out interview invites for November round.

If i am not mistaken everyone gets email response even if its a ding or waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Tuck '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
crackdmba wrote:
Hi,

The decision date for November round isn't until February...I'd say you still have some time to interview.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: TuckCast: Assistant Admissions Director Offers Advice for Prospective Applicants

We're pleased to introduce TuckCast, a student-led podcast series offering greater insight into the Tuck experience. 

In our first episode, Alen Amini T'18 sits down with Stephanie Butler, associate director of admissions. Butler offers her advice for prospective Tuck applicants on common application mistakes to avoid, crafting your best essay, and applications she's been particularly impressed with. "You still have time. Don't rush—put forth your best effort." says Butler. "Craft a thoughtful essay. Be thoughtful and self-reflective."

LISTEN

https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admissions/visit-interview
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Just notified Tuck that I will not be accepting their offer of admission. I absolutely loved the school when I visited a few months ago. The people, the facilities, the area are fantastic in my opinion. Tuck is one of my dream schools and I was very fortunate to be offered admission.

Hopefully, with notifying them so soon, it may help folks on the WL.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Tuck '19 (S)
Send PM
Hello, I am a November round applicant from India. Just wanted to check if Indian applicants have already started receiving interview invites. Any information on this would be very helpful!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Q&A with Tuck Student Ambassador: Eduardo Watanabe

Tuck's Student Ambassador Team collaborates with the Admissions Office to share their Tuck experience with prospective students. The team is structured by geographical region, with an SAT Captain leading each. In the following months, we'll introduce you to them. Today, meet Eduardo Watanabe, T'17 and Brazil Lead. Please reach out to Eduardo or any other Student Ambassador using this website. They love to connect with future Tuckies, especially when they're from "home"!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I grew up in Sao Paulo, Brazil, got my undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, and did consulting at Accenture for 5 years prior to Tuck. Last summer, I did my internship at Tesla in Silicon Valley, and after graduation, I intend to go back to Brazil (probably consulting again).

Why Tuck?

Tuck is the place I felt would provide the most insightful experience, and the place where I’d be able to make life-time friends, not just a network. It's a place where you can reflect deeply about your goals and openly discuss them with friends who will provide feedback and support.

Everyone at Tuck chooses a different path. What’s your life at Tuck like?

My life couldn’t be better. I’m single and try to take advantage of most social events (like hockey, which my team managed to win last winter!). I also host several small groups dinners in my home, with different people (at least once a week), so that we can chat more. During Fall A, I also invested a lot of time sharing my stats and ManEc (managerial economics) skills with my study group and friends, because I believe that helping each other is the best way to achieve higher goals.

Transformational Moment

During Outward Bound (an optional pre-term program), when I was the captain of the boat, I made a wrong maneuver and our boat lagged behind the other boats. At the time I felt terrible about it, and thought that my team would give me harsh feedback. Instead, they supported me and highlighted my positive qualities. I was really surprised with their support and felt much more confident during my other leadership experiences.

Why did you join the Student Ambassador Team?

I truly believe that Tuck provides a unique experience to the students, and I want to show that to the prospective Brazilians. Moreover, I believe that Tuck has a branding opportunity in Brazil, because most Brazilians end up staying in the US and are therefore less visible. I’d like to change this misleading perception.

What surprised you most at Tuck?

The people. I admire my classmates, and I learn a lot by chatting or working with them. Such a great experience!

Any advice for prospective students?

Be yourself and show why Tuck would be a great fit for you and why you would be a great fit for Tuck.
Intern
Intern
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
November round invitations are still in progress. I got mine a couple of days ago
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Parmanu wrote:
November round invitations are still in progress. I got mine a couple of days ago

True. Got mine yesterday morning. Can someone guide me to the thread on interview experiences?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi all,

I just submitted my app for the January round.
I noted that the application proof does not have attachments of the resume or undergrad transcripts, like most other schools. There is no place in the pdf that indicates that something was uploaded wrt to this either (like the essays havean "uploaded" message).

Is this normal? Or should I contact the adcom to make sure they have received all the documents?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
bb10 wrote:
Hi all,

I just submitted my app for the January round.
I noted that the application proof does not have attachments of the resume or undergrad transcripts, like most other schools. There is no place in the pdf that indicates that something was uploaded wrt to this either (like the essays havean "uploaded" message).

Is this normal? Or should I contact the adcom to make sure they have received all the documents?

Same here. I wouldn't worry about it as long as the resume, transcripts and the essays were shown as "submitted" prior to you sending the application.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Top 5 Blog Posts of 2016

Happy New Year! Thank you for being an avid reader of Tuck360, our official MBA blog here at the Tuck School of Business. Looking back, these were some of our most widely-read blog posts of the year. We hope your 2017 is a great one! 

1. Get to Know a Tuckie: Ashley Cousins T'17

"I’m a first generation college student, so I couldn’t really imagine myself here 10 years ago," says Cousins. Read more

2. The Making of a Successful Applicant

"There’s a time for everything, and a successful applicant recognizes this. They know when to lead and when and how to contribute outside of a leadership role." Read more. 

3. Post-Graduation Reflection

"I can take heart in the fact that I am now part of network of people that, long after the last slope has been skied and the last lecture attended, will inspire me to be the best version of myself I can be," says Adi Shah T'16. Read more.

4. Why This Marine Chose Tuck

"Going to business school was not even on my radar while I was in the Marines," says David Donahue T'17. Read more.

5. Day in the Life of a Tuckie: Charley T'18

Classes, study groups, office hours with Microsoft, hockey—it was a busy day for Charley T'18. Read more.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i sent my gmat scores last week but still don't see verified scores showing up. anyone know if this is an issue?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V49
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Submitted for the January round. Now time for an uncomfortably long wait haha
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts