Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 19:47 It is currently 02 May 2024, 19:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Has anyone felt that they did not perform their best on the Wharton TBD, but did end up getting admitted? Although I dont think i bombed it, I wish i had spoken up 2-3 mores more in my group. There were no awkward silence moments, or obvious opportunities for air time, but I feel i spoke the least out of all in my group.

Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
The interviews are "one more data-point" vs. the (much) higher importance they carry at HBS. I think some people *really* have to bomb the interview to get dinged with good stats, and conversely, there are some that have to have an extraordinary performance to get in. I would say that if you have solid stats (let's define that as above average on the metrics you can measure and have a brand-name college / WE), then being slightly less outspoken during the interview probably didn't hurt you. On the other hand, if you have lower stats, may have needed to shine a bit more during the interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: There is Always a Silver Lining…
Last week was our first Welcome Weekend of 2017 where we had the opportunity to meet over 300 Round 1 admits. In just two and half short days, admits heard from faculty, attended career information sessions, did team-building activities, and had a swanky gala to top it off.  Welcome Weekend…Read More

The post There is Always a Silver Lining… appeared first on MBA Program.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Join us On-Campus for an Upcoming Special Visit Day
As we continue to build the class of 2019, we are already thinking about prospective students of the Class of 2020 and beyond. One of the best ways to learn about the Wharton MBA is to get a firsthand look and experience it for yourself on-campus. Our Campus Visit Program…Read More

The post Join us On-Campus for an Upcoming Special Visit Day appeared first on MBA Program.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 611
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Project Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

does anyone know what is the cost for a dual degree (for example master in engineering +MBA) in Wharton?

I wasn't able to find an online reference to it on Wharton's website.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does Wharton make calls the day before decision day, or only the day of? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Day of, from about 6:30EST to midday

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10029 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
kyxj wrote:
simba22 wrote:
Does Wharton make calls the day before decision day, or only the day of? Thanks!

Day of, from about 6:30EST to midday

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Agree. Last year as well as in R1 this year, they called on decision day. Good luck everyone!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Interviewed applicants mind sharing their TBD/PI experiences with us? Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Does anyone know when is Wharton's Admit Weekend for R2?

I know i'm getting my hopes up but I am international and have to plan ahead IF I'm accepted. Thanks and best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HapppyHipppo wrote:
Does anyone know when is Wharton's Admit Weekend for R2?

I know i'm getting my hopes up but I am international and have to plan ahead IF I'm accepted. Thanks and best of luck!

April 21-22 I believe
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
simba22 wrote:
Has anyone felt that they did not perform their best on the Wharton TBD, but did end up getting admitted? Although I dont think i bombed it, I wish i had spoken up 2-3 mores more in my group. There were no awkward silence moments, or obvious opportunities for air time, but I feel i spoke the least out of all in my group.

Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks!

Don't worry. TBD is just one data point (though an important one) in the admissions process.

There are several examples on forum of applicants who felt they didn't perform their best on the TBD but eventually got admitted. You find find several such examples in this collection. https://gmatclub.com/forum/summary-whar ... 04959.html

Attachment:
Wharton TBD.png
Wharton TBD.png [ 142.86 KiB | Viewed 3795 times ]
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
We would really appreciate if interviewed applicants post their experiences here: How was the whole TBS/PI experience? How did other members of your team perform?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
TBD generally matched what people were describing on ClearAdmit Interview Reports - Interviewed on site with two 2nd-years.

We were initially all grouped in the reception area, until my team of 6 people (whom I didn't know were my team a priori) were called into a small room to have the TBD.

People were generally friendly, but the atmosphere of the actual discussion was a little contrived since the participants were trying to put on their best "teamwork" performances. The 2nd years explained the rules, started the timer, and observed from the corners of the room. Two team members were quick to designate themselves as note-taker and timekeeper - in retrospect, I think this is a smart move because you clearly carve out a set of contributions that you are delivering on the TBD table. People are largely receptive of whatever is being said. Everyone went with the flow and did not want to make any critical remarks for fear of "having points docked." I felt like I was the quiet one in the group - hope things go okay.

The 1-on-1 appears to vary by the interviewer. The two questions that every interviewer seems to ask are "how you felt the TBD went" and whether "it is reflective of your typical behavior." For some interviewees, that's it - cue "do you have any questions for me?" For my interviewer, she also asked to: "walk through the resume"/"tell me about yourself". It felt like a monologue. She was mostly quiet and listened. I touched on the "Why Wharton" in my monologue, but I've heard that she also asked others that question explicitly.

Hope this is helpful.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
signeduptopost wrote:
TBD generally matched what people were describing on ClearAdmit Interview Reports - Interviewed on site with two 2nd-years.

We were initially all grouped in the reception area, until my team of 6 people (whom I didn't know were my team a priori) were called into a small room to have the TBD...............

Great! Thanks for sharing your experience in detail. Hope to see interview reports from other applicants too.

Good luck for final decision!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just 3 days left for decisions! Anyone getting anxious?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V50
GPA: 4
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Just 3 days left for decisions! Anyone getting anxious?

Do decisions typically get posted to the portal around noon? Are all calls expected to be completed by that time? I've seen some conflicting data online. Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts