It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 12:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.95
Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2017, 08:11
Thanks!

If you say you usually bring a pen and paper to your usual strategy meetings, bring one here too. I thought and did the same. Turns out everyone in my group did too. I used it for notes during people's pitches and to also ask clarifying questions afterwards.

In the 1-on-1, I was basically asked 4 questions if I recall correctly - how do you think that went, is this how you normally behave in a group discussion, talk me through your resume (which for me included why MBA / why Wharton), do you have any questions for me?

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Schools: HBS '19 (WL)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2017, 09:36
Don't stress, relax and indulge yourself into the joy of the TBD. Whether you make notes or not only makes a difference if it helps you to put down a few bullet points for further discussion. From personal experience, I was very pleasantly surprised several times at how friendly and humble Wharton candidates and admits are, and am very happy be admitted. The rumors of snobs and "prestige" usually come from jealous people or those dinged, and as far as I can tell from my observations, Wharton tries very hard in the last few years to depart from their Wall St stigma and to arrive at a friendly and socially-impactful image; this is also confirmed by my interactions with current and future students and recent alumni.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GRE 1: 332 Q167 V165
GPA: 3.86
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2017, 18:18
Thanks for all of the help and kind words! Hoping tomorrow goes well!

Intern
Intern
B

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 14:16
Woooh! That was a blur. The 35 mins flew by like they were 5. Such an impressive place. Just 19 days and 19 hours of waiting left!! Haha

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
B

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 14:27
Too true. 35 minutes is nothing. I hope you get a call back before those 19 hours on decision day. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 14:53
Heh, you and me both. When do they normally call? (I'm located in Houston). Also who normally calls if you get the call?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2017, 15:45
Any time from early morning to probably 1-2 pm ET for R2. I was called at 10:15 ET by June but I applied to HCM.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2017, 00:48
Anyone from r2 heard from revera yet?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 12:42
LXVE wrote:
I'm a low-GPA (we're talking very very low), but very high GMAT candidate; Wharton is a bigtime reach for me but I love the school and was pleasantly surprised during my school visit - Wharton is a lot more close-knit than I expected. Really hope I get to interview and that the adcom can overlook the low grades for which I have a legitimate reason. Best of luck to all other candidates and hopefully we're greeted with good news on 11/2!

Sent from my SM-G928T using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Trust me, you're not the only one. And I too, plan to apply to Wharton. But if you do everything you possible can to mitigate that and show that you're not GPA however many years ago I think you have a shot. For ex, take supplemental classes, build work experience. Extra curric's, even int'l experience. Build a story that narrates who you are and what you're passionate about, while including how their MBA will be beneficial to you.

Good luck! :) (we'll need it! Lol)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2017, 12:43
Uha68 wrote:
LXVE wrote:
I'm a low-GPA (we're talking very very low), but very high GMAT candidate; Wharton is a bigtime reach for me but I love the school and was pleasantly surprised during my school visit - Wharton is a lot more close-knit than I expected. Really hope I get to interview and that the adcom can overlook the low grades for which I have a legitimate reason. Best of luck to all other candidates and hopefully we're greeted with good news on 11/2!

Sent from my SM-G928T using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Trust me, you're not the only one. And I too, plan to apply to Wharton. But if you do everything you possibly can to mitigate that and show that you're not your GPA however many years ago I think you have a shot. For ex, take supplemental classes, build work experience. Extra curric's, even int'l experience. Build a story that narrates who you are and what you're passionate about, while including how their MBA will be beneficial to you.

Good luck! :) (we'll need it! Lol)

Intern
Intern
B

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2017, 13:36
A little under 4 days left for R3 decisions. Good luck everyone.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2017, 23:14
oilMBA wrote:
Heh, you and me both. When do they normally call? (I'm located in Houston). Also who normally calls if you get the call?

Best of luck! Usually your interviewer is the one who calls if you get in, before you get the official email. Calling time really depends on your time zone. I'm based in Dubai and got the call around 11am-noon Philly time, 7pm for me.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2017, 18:59
Bridgeur wrote:
oilMBA wrote:

Best of luck! Usually your interviewer is the one who calls if you get in, before you get the official email. Calling time really depends on your time zone. I'm based in Dubai and got the call around 11am-noon Philly time, 7pm for me.

Thanks! Hopefully I get the call in 36 hours :D. Congrats on your acceptance and your acceptance at HBS. Quite a feat to accomplish.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 4

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2017, 23:18
This post received
KUDOS
oilMBA wrote:
Bridgeur wrote:
oilMBA wrote:

Thanks! Hopefully I get the call in 36 hours :D. Congrats on your acceptance and your acceptance at HBS. Quite a feat to accomplish.

Thank you so much! I feel v grateful, was incredibly lucky, and this forum was super helpful through the entire process and the up's and down's, so I intend on giving back by being around for future applicants :)

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 4

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3702 [1], given: 2420

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2017, 23:47
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Bridgeur wrote:
Thank you so much! I feel v grateful, was incredibly lucky, and this forum was super helpful through the entire process and the up's and down's, so I intend on giving back by being around for future applicants :)

Thanks and many congratulations on getting in! IMO the best way to give back to community would be to write a detailed BSchool application debrief along with tips/advice for future applicants. We have a separate forum to post BShool debriefs. I look forward to read your MBA debrief soon... https://gmatclub.com/forum/share-your-a ... ience-332/

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3702 [1], given: 2420

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Join us On-Campus for an Upcoming Special Visit Day [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2017, 12:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Join us On-Campus for an Upcoming Special Visit Day
As we continue to build the class of 2019, we are already thinking about prospective students of the Class of 2020 and beyond. One of the best ways to learn about the Wharton MBA is to get a firsthand look and experience it for yourself on-campus. Our Campus Visit Program…Read More

The post Join us On-Campus for an Upcoming Special Visit Day appeared first on MBA Program.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager

Spring Forward [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2017, 12:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Spring Forward
This week started with some exciting news – we announced our new deferred admissions Program, the Moelis Advance Access Program.  As the result of generous gift from Wharton graduates Ken Moelis and Julie Taffet Moelis, this program will allow Penn undergraduate seniors from any of the four Schools to apply…Read More

The post Spring Forward appeared first on MBA Program.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager

Coming Soon to a City Near You!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2017, 13:00
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Coming Soon to a City Near You! 
Graduation is over and summer is upon us, so it is time for us to hit the road to meet those of you interested in joining the Class of 2020.  We’ll be in 40+ cities between May and September for events ranging from fairs and conferences to faculty lectures and…Read More

The post Coming Soon to a City Near You!  appeared first on MBA Program.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2017, 13:26
Hey guys! Can I your opinion regarding my profile? I wish to apply Wharton in the future but I am a bit nervous about my GPA.

I have 2.5 GPA, GMAT 710, 4 years of working at a multinational company (1.5 year of leading a team). I feel from looking at the graph that the GPA might pull me down. Any advise?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2017, 13:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   [ 279 posts ] 

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, bb10, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap