Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 10:48 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 473
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Would 3 years of B4 audit experience be an asset, held against me or equal to most other careers? I'm a white female with a 3.6 GPA in BBA/accounting hoping to apply after I get my CPA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi All,

Background and nationality: Indian national, , turning 26 in less than a month, female
Undergrad Information: Undergrad from NTU Singapore (Environmental Engineering with a business minor) - average GPA - 3.32/5
GMAT: 710 (Q49 V 37, IR 7, AWA awaited)
Work experience and leadership: almost four years of work experience with CH2M HILL (fortune 500 companies) - US based MNC. Work in the capacity of a water engineer.
leading extra curricular initiatives at workplace - Mentoring network and another network for growth and development of junior and mid level professionals
work front I work on Business Development and the overall project management of various water and wastewater infrastructure projects with the indian government.
Community and others: working with a not for profit start up Meraki since the past 4 months and helping raise funds and finding avenues to invest in
Post MBA goals: work in the operations consulting sector and leverage on my current experience

Please evaluate profile.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.72
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Background and Nationality: Canadian
Undergrad: McGill University, Bach. Engineering
Undergrad GPA: 3.72
GMAT: 700 (Q49 V37). Will likely retake since this was my first attempt.
Work exp.: Will have 28 months at the start of the program. Currently a project coordinator at a land development engineering firm. I have significant responsibilities and can emphasize a heavy workload despite the relatively short amount of work experience.
Community: Some volunteer experience but none recent. More travelling experience (semester abroad, backpacking trip through europe, trip to the middle east).
Post-MBA Goals: Data analytics in consulting or other professional service industries. The most ideal would be to enter the sports industry but that is a secondary goal to moving into a data analytics role.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
koolaid the experience in big4 is always good..please try to focus on GMAT now if not yet given and build a stellar profile and Rotman is great school for finance background people
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
apandey123 After going through your profile and analyzing it I think you sound a good candidate for Rotman School . The concern of frequent job change will not hamper your case unless you have not grown professionally in your subsequent job changes. You have cleared CFA-3 which means you are a strong in finance side which adds as a strong point in your profile.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sonikavadhera wrote:
Hi All,

Background and nationality: Indian national, , turning 26 in less than a month, female
Undergrad Information: Undergrad from NTU Singapore (Environmental Engineering with a business minor) - average GPA - 3.32/5
GMAT: 710 (Q49 V 37, IR 7, AWA awaited)
Work experience and leadership: almost four years of work experience with CH2M HILL (fortune 500 companies) - US based MNC. Work in the capacity of a water engineer.
leading extra curricular initiatives at workplace - Mentoring network and another network for growth and development of junior and mid level professionals
work front I work on Business Development and the overall project management of various water and wastewater infrastructure projects with the indian government.
Community and others: working with a not for profit start up Meraki since the past 4 months and helping raise funds and finding avenues to invest in
Post MBA goals: work in the operations consulting sector and leverage on my current experience

Please evaluate profile.

I think you have a good shot at Rotman. Just be sure to articulate well why you think the MBA is the right choice for you and also elaborate on what you're hoping to do post-MBA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
MarkDavid93 wrote:
Background and Nationality: Canadian
Undergrad: McGill University, Bach. Engineering
Undergrad GPA: 3.72
GMAT: 700 (Q49 V37). Will likely retake since this was my first attempt.
Work exp.: Will have 28 months at the start of the program. Currently a project coordinator at a land development engineering firm. I have significant responsibilities and can emphasize a heavy workload despite the relatively short amount of work experience.
Community: Some volunteer experience but none recent. More travelling experience (semester abroad, backpacking trip through europe, trip to the middle east).
Post-MBA Goals: Data analytics in consulting or other professional service industries. The most ideal would be to enter the sports industry but that is a secondary goal to moving into a data analytics role.

Your work experience is slightly on the lower side, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker. With those stats, I think you have a reasonable shot at getting into Rotman. Try to talk to Adcom and introduce yourself.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.25
WE:Analyst (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Dear Experts, I would be applying in Rotman. Please review my profile. I have average GMAT, but considerable differentated profile/experience.

GMAT - 680 :|
Schooling
• 10th and 12th Grades: 93% (CBSE, District level Merit Holder) , 88% (MP Board) respectively
• Extracurricular activities: Cricket and Photography
College (Graduation)
• College name: Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
• Degree: B. Tech [Mechanical]
• Grades: 8.15/10 (3.2/4)
• Notable projects undertaken: Generation of Hot Spots in Photovoltaic cell at Underwriters Laboratory, Chicago, USA
Professional Experience

Total Professional Experience - 4.5 Years (International Experience - 4.2 Years)

 Polyplex Corporation Limited
 Role- Management Trainee
 Location- Noida India
 Tenure- 6months [June’13-Nov’13]
 Polyplex Europa
 Role- Management Trainee
 Location- Çorlu, Turkey
 Tenure- 6months [Dec’13-May’14]

 Polyplex Thailand Public Company Limited
 Role- Production Analyst (Manager) reporting to General Manager (Head-Operations) and Now working as Process Manager (Production) since May’16
 Location- Rayong, Thailand
 Tenure- 40 months [June’14- Till date]

Professional Experience:-
Job Profile – I am the youngest person in the company to have been hired at the post of Manager in the company’s history of 30+ years.
Polyplex Group is the 4th Largest manufacturer of Polyester Film in the world with locations in India, Turkey, Thailand and USA and distribution offices in Poland, China, Netherlands, Singapore etc.

Operational Analyst-
For 2 years, I worked under Head-Operations (General Manager) of company as operational Analyst. In this profile, my work catered to the data analysis on various aspects for the plant improvement. I have been involved in high decision making body for the turn-around of the company. For this I worked with Managing Director of the company. I was completely responsible for CAPEX proposal, MIS Generation. One of my proposals accepted by top management resulted in annual saving of USD 1 million. I got a fair exposure of general management of the company including the financial aspects. In this role, I got a fair view of all areas of running a business, right from Inventory management to product manufacturing to Manpower Management along with the sales strategy of the company. I have been part of all CEO Review meetings, which gave me an amazing experience of how top management deals with problems and how does senior management perceive things.

Process Manager-
Looking into the good performance, I have been shifted to the core operations as process Manager (Industrial Film Division), independently handling the operations of 2000MT/Month production capacity polyester film plant. Plant is $100 Million facility, with state of the art setup
I am responsible for all process related trouble shooting and all new product development related activities, handling day-to-day operational activities involved in Production.

50 Thai nationals report me directly (Production Department)

Experience of working outside India in Non English Speaking Country-

Living abroad in countries such as Turkey and Thailand, where the native language is not English, has been a challenging but my life’s most interesting experience. You will have to adapt to a new culture and a new way of life. Immersing in foreign environment required flexibility and determination. That was not easy at the beginning but it has been a great life lesson. I found myself becoming more independent and more outspoken person. Taking decision to go abroad opened my mind and opportunities. I met people that don’t necessarily think and live like i did. This has called me into question what I’ve believed in so far and gave me opportunity to grow from this experience. Working and Hanging out with localities of Thailand gave me chance to live in this amazing culture and experience more closely.
Extracurricular Activities & Achievements
 In College
o Received Dean’s List Award for excellent academic performance in IIT in last four semesters (consecutively)
o Won College Competition organized among all IIT Gandhinagar Students. Got opportunity for Internship in Underwriters Laboratory, Chicago, USA. Received an award of $1000 as part of competition win.
o Marketing Manager of IIT-GN Technical Annual Summit. Had at team of 15 young students. Footfall of Summit increased threefold
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Send PM
Hey Rahul30,

First off, awesome work on the GMAT.

IMO, You are an excellent candidate for Rotman
The one small problem I see is the 8.0 GPA minimum GPA requirement. Though a few candidates who were admitted last year have said that this is only a soft requirement, you may want to check with the adcom before submitting your application.

That being said, your 9 years of experience and a 750 on the GMAT should definitely be a big plus overall. Though it will all depend on how you spin your story.

If the adcom gives you a thumbs up on the GPA, you will have a strong chance at converting Rotman. Also you might want to check if TOEFT is a must, as I have heard it's waived for most Indian candidates at US and Canadian business schools.

Hope that helps you in some way!

Just FYI, I am just another applicant who will be applying to Rotman this year!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Dear All,

Please evaluate my profile and let me know my suitability for the Program. My profile details are below:

 Total Work experience - 6.5 years in consulting field.
 Currently, working as Senior Consultant/ Assistant Manager with one of the Big 4, in its sustainability team.
 Female, Age 31 years
 Volunteer for UN, working for empowerment for women in Uganda
 Work Experience in 25/29 States in India and 3 countries - India, Bhutan and Bangladesh
 GRE Score - 314 (164 Quant and 150 Verbal)
 2 Publications in International Journal
 Education: Master of Technology in Environmental Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, India
 CGPA - 4.27/5
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rahul30 wrote:
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.

Your work experience is slightly on the higher side, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue. The biggest issue for you will be you undergraduate GPA. You will have to explain that to Adcom.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
star21 wrote:
Dear All,

Please evaluate my profile and let me know my suitability for the Program. My profile details are below:

 Total Work experience - 6.5 years in consulting field.
 Currently, working as Senior Consultant/ Assistant Manager with one of the Big 4, in its sustainability team.
 Female, Age 31 years
 Volunteer for UN, working for empowerment for women in Uganda
 Work Experience in 25/29 States in India and 3 countries - India, Bhutan and Bangladesh
 GRE Score - 314 (164 Quant and 150 Verbal)
 2 Publications in International Journal
 Education: Master of Technology in Environmental Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay, India
 CGPA - 4.27/5

Your GRE is roughly about a ~620 on the GMAT. I'd recommend you trying to bump up your verbal score because I think your chances would be a LOT higher if you managed to do that.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi all,

My profile is as under:

Background and nationality - Indian female, 29
Undergrad Information - BA (Economics) Hons from Delhi University (1st Division); PGDM (Marketing & HR)
(1st division with distinction)
GMAT: 710 (Q-48 V-41 AWA-6 IR-8)
Work experience - Total:6. 1 year as Associate Consultant at Infosys Technologies Limited (trained in 2 ERP software packages), was team leader. Then joined a government company (PSU) and have been here for 5 yrs. Work in Mergers and Acquisitions. Key role in acquisition of a coal mine in Mozambique. Involved in business development of the mine as well as issues related to funding & tenders.

Community and others -
1. Volunteered with a big CSR organisation (cannot mention name). Worked in Dalit & Naxal infected areas. Taught in schools and helped with medical supplies. Motivated villagers to send girl children to school too.
2. A Dancer at heart. Trained in Shiamak Dawar's classes. Performed onstage.
3. Travelled to around 14 countries.. mainly those whose history excite me.

Post MBA goals
1. Plans to get into consulting with a thrust on Consulting for big Mining Companies such as Rio Tinto, Anglo-American etc.
2. Eventually want to return to India to reform the mining sector here which is characterised by un-economic methods which lead to a negative economical and social impact.

Please provide some insights! :) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
dreams101 wrote:
Hi all,

My profile is as under:

Undergrad Information - BA (Economics) Hons from Delhi University (1st Division); PGDM (Marketing & HR)
Work experience - Total:6. 1 year as Associate Consultant at Infosys Technologies Limited (trained in 2 ERP software packages), was team leader. Then joined a government company (PSU) and have been here for 5 yrs. Work in Mergers and Acquisitions. Key role in acquisition of a coal mine in Mozambique. Involved in business development of the mine as well as issues related to funding & tenders.

Community and others -
1. Volunteered with a big CSR organisation (cannot mention name). Worked in Dalit & Naxal infected areas. Taught in schools and helped with medical supplies. Motivated villagers to send girl children to school too.

Post MBA goals
1. Plans to get into consulting with a thrust on Consulting for big Mining Companies such as Rio Tinto, Anglo-American etc.
2. Eventually want to return to India to reform the mining sector here which is characterised by un-economic methods which lead to a negative economical and social impact.

I think your chances of getting into Rotman are high.

The only thing I would say is to try to get a sense of what the Canadian mining sector is like and how hiring works there, just so you can speak to it well during your interview/essays. Show adcom that you have a good idea of what you're trying to achieve and that it is feasible. Reach out to other Rotman Alumni on Linkedin to chat with them and try to learn fro their experiences.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
downsouth182 wrote:
dreams101 wrote:
Hi all,

My profile is as under:

Community and others -

Post MBA goals

I think your chances of getting into Rotman are high.

The only thing I would say is to try to get a sense of what the Canadian mining sector is like and how hiring works there, just so you can speak to it well during your interview/essays. Show adcom that you have a good idea of what you're trying to achieve and that it is feasible. Reach out to other Rotman Alumni on Linkedin to chat with them and try to learn fro their experiences.

Thank you soo much. I would definitely work on the points that you mentioned.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
All the good people out there please evaluate my profile for rotman..

Nationality: Indian

Bachelors in chemical engineering from IIT Kharagpur, GPA 8.1 overall and 7.53 final year..

GRE: 335 ( VA 165 + Quant 170)

3 years work ex in R&D Department of an MNC. One international conference paper.
Working on development of carbon capture technologies to mitigate climate change. Experience of working on every aspect of climate change. ( Technological, Economical, Political etc). Mentored group of 4 interns for 2 months.

Worked with a member of parliament on a live project /advocacy campaign related to renewable energy/social issues.Good knowledge of public policy.

Part of National Service Scheme in college where volunteered to teach poor children of nearby slums and villages.

Secretary of hostel. Organised festivals at hostel level.

Personal Qualities: Quick learner, Passionately curious, Excellent communication skills.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  30   
Moderator:
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts