Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:13 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
AugustAcademy wrote:
Hi powarparamveer,

I'm happy with your answers to (3) and (5). (4) needs a bit more work. Your goal will be very niche as the industry is very niche. Also, your current industry is not in trend (let's say like finTech or edTech) - so the glamour aspect will be missing in your application.

No worries - you are mostly there. Just know this about your goals, and stretch yourself a bit more about what you want to do post-MBA. Your current industry might not help your application. So it is all about drawing out transferable skills, and relating that to your future goals.

The other schools you mention should be good targets.

Best,
Karthik

powarparamveer wrote:
Hi Kartik

Thanks a lot for evaluating my profile. Please find the answers for the questions 3,4 and 5 below:
3) With regards to your work experience, it is good that you have been promoted frequently. That shows that your company values your contribution. The question here is - how does this track record compare with that of your peers?
>> The promotions in our company are relative, If you perform better than the others, then you get promoted more frequently. I got promoted 3 times in 5 years and these were more frequent promotions compared to my peers. Also, I got the opportunity to go to Japan in a strategic based role to negotiate with my clients. This is something usually done by senior management and people with above 10 years of work exp. I got this opportunity purely on merit basis.
4) What kind of products have you built? How does it connect with your target industry? How relevant is your current area of application to the business world, to your target industry, and to the MBA experience in gerenal?
I have built softwares for Printers. As I want to become product manager, I need full ownership of the product I am working on: from technical to business side. So, I am looking for an MBA to act as a bridge between my existing technical experience and the business acumen I aspire for. I will working as a product manager in a product based company(that develops printers) after my MBA.
5) What about your leadership at work?
During my onsite stay in Japan, I got my first official managerial experience during my stay in Japan as I had to manage my offshore team of 13 members and check the progress of work. I also had to coordinate between onsite and offshore members. Other than this experience, I have represented my team infront of senior management to discuss the issues my team is facing at work. Also, there are some other instance when I had taken unofficially the leadership role to get work done on time.

Outside Rotman, I am planning to apply to Ivey, Queens,McGill and UBC in Canada? Do you think these would be good choices?

Hi Kartik,

Thanks a lot for the help.
I will surely try to put more efforts into the application and my post MBA goals.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '19
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,
My profile is as below:

GMAT - 710
Class X -90%
Class XII - 88%
Mechanical Engineering from NIT, Warangal (2007 batch) - 8.00 CGPA

Work Experience:
Research Assistant at JNCASR, Bangalore - After graduating from NIT, Warangal, I wanted to do masters/phd in computational Fluid Dynamics. But I wanted to explore the field first, hence joined JNCASR (did not join the job I was placed through campus - NTPC). Worked here for 1.5 years. Realized that research was not my interest and I was more inclined towards industry than academia.

Piping Engineer at a large EPC firm (almost 6 years) - Working as a Senior engineer. We are engineering consultants in the oil and gas industry. Work I am involved in is very technical and has included the following:

Layout - Prepare the layout of the offshore plant taking into account the requirements of the client. Liaison with other departments internally to confirm all requirements are met. Issue drawings for fabrication and assist the fabrication, installation and commissioning team till the end of the project

MTO - Material take off - Basically make a list of all items required to be purchased. This is a big task and directly affects the cost of the project.

Specification - This is basically technical procurement assistance. Involved in the preparation of RFQ, technical bid analysis, technical queries (between vendor and us), vendor document review and approval.

I have received good ratings throughout my career at this company.
I do not have achievements in any extra curricular activities. Not worked for an NGO or any volunteering services. Did try my hand at gaming.
MBA goals - short term - work in an energy consulting firm (oil and gas preferred due to my experience)
Long term - Be a business leader in the energy industry and help companies / governments take better decisions in this sector.
Why MBA - The consulting firms in the oil and gas / energy industry look into years of experience as a major factor to establish credibility. I also lack knowledge required to take business decisions. An MBA will give me both.

Kindly evaluate my profile. Also please provide your analysis of my career goals and reasons for MBA.
Thanks
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello tomhagen1989

You have a decent shot at Rotman based on the info shared.
Make sure to talk more around the following related to your work-
1. Achievements at work and the real business impact of your contributions. You have received good ratings, but they are ultimately a result of something positive that you did for your organization Highlight that more than your responsibilities.
2. Showcase a seamless career journey from research to current role to an MBA and finally meeting your career goals
You could read more here on all the factors that your should be focusing on in your application.
The lack of extracurricular can hurt, so you will have to bring out elements in your personal/professional life that can help you stand out from an average applicant.
Honestly at this stage only execution is key for you. If you tie in all of these well in your written application, you stand a fighting chance.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

tomhagen1989 wrote:
Hi,
My profile is as below:

GMAT - 710
Class X -90%
Class XII - 88%

Work Experience:
Research Assistant at JNCASR, Bangalore - After graduating from NIT, Warangal, I wanted to do masters/phd in computational Fluid Dynamics. But I wanted to explore the field first, hence joined JNCASR (did not join the job I was placed through campus - NTPC). Worked here for 1.5 years. Realized that research was not my interest and I was more inclined towards industry than academia.

Piping Engineer at a large EPC firm (almost 6 years) - Working as a Senior engineer. We are engineering consultants in the oil and gas industry. Work I am involved in is very technical and has included the following:

Layout - Prepare the layout of the offshore plant taking into account the requirements of the client. Liaison with other departments internally to confirm all requirements are met. Issue drawings for fabrication and assist the fabrication, installation and commissioning team till the end of the project

MTO - Material take off - Basically make a list of all items required to be purchased. This is a big task and directly affects the cost of the project.

Specification - This is basically technical procurement assistance. Involved in the preparation of RFQ, technical bid analysis, technical queries (between vendor and us), vendor document review and approval.

I do not have achievements in any extra curricular activities. Not worked for an NGO or any volunteering services. Did try my hand at gaming.
MBA goals - short term - work in an energy consulting firm (oil and gas preferred due to my experience)
Long term - Be a business leader in the energy industry and help companies / governments take better decisions in this sector.
Why MBA - The consulting firms in the oil and gas / energy industry look into years of experience as a major factor to establish credibility. I also lack knowledge required to take business decisions. An MBA will give me both.

Kindly evaluate my profile. Also please provide your analysis of my career goals and reasons for MBA.
Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Hi,

I'm a CFD engineer too - so cheers to you for that!

With regards to your profile - you have a fairly technical, and typical resume. GMAT and GPA are good but in the average range. With regards to your post-MBA goals, you need to change them. Foreigners typically don't get hired into energy roles (visa sponsorship issues) - so this choice of goals might present you as having some employability risk.

With regards to what the right career choice should be - not sure. But essentially, we need to figure out areas where you can make a meaningful impact with your transferable skills and your new MBA knowledge.

Please set up an appointment using the link below if you need to discuss further.

Best wishes,
Karthik

tomhagen1989 wrote:
Hi,
My profile is as below:

GMAT - 710
Class X -90%
Class XII - 88%

Work Experience:

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.83
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi,

Below is my profile.

Pakistani Male
Age 29 Years

Undergrad: BS in Materials Engineering (Specializing in Manufacturing)
GPA: 3.03/4
Studied from GIKI - One of the top engineering schools of Pakistan.

Graduate: Master of ENgineering in Mechanical (Advanced Manufacturing Technology)
GPA: 3.83/4
University of Technology, Malaysia

GMAT: 720 (49Q, 39V 5IR)
Year Taken: 2015

Work Experience: Total Work Experience = 4 Years (3 years internationl)
- 1 Year as Trainee at a Power Plant
- 11 Months as Assistant Project Controller (Construction Project - Power Plant - Philippines)
- (Current Positon) 2 years as Contract & Risk Manager (Construction Project - Power Plant - Philippines) - Currently managing a team of 2.
* Promoted once in the last three years. Receieved multiple pay raises higher than company's standard annual raise.

Interests: Love to Travel, Cook, Play Tennis, Learn about Efficient/Sustainable Processes and Designs

About myself: Hardworking, Patient, Proactive

Previusly a member of toastmasters club - (company chapter) Left the club due to work load as the consutruction project gained momentum.
Member of International Associatation for Commercial and Contracts Management (IACCM)
Certified Contract and Commercial Management Professional (Practitioner)

I will be leaving my current contract based job by Mid next year, in time for the MBA class to commence.

What are my chances at Rotman? What can I do to improve my chances?

Thanks,
Aleem
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello aleemullah

Kudos to the detailed post.
You have a fighting chance at Rotman, based on the info given around all admission factors (which you can read more on here).
Past grades, GMAT, International Work Ex, Extracurricular activities, Diversity all seem pretty good for Rotman.
Honestly, key for you is execution of essays. What stories to tell and how to tell them.
The only thing I'm concerned about are your career goals and the need of an MBA. Your career goals should be in sync with your past and what Rotman has to offer. If you feel like an employment risk, the school will not select you. SInce details around this are missing it is difficult to comment. (You may want to add to your research on career goals by reading here)
If you can showcase a seamless story, you will stand a good chance at Rotman.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

aleemullah wrote:
Hi,

Below is my profile.

Pakistani Male
Age 29 Years

Undergrad: BS in Materials Engineering (Specializing in Manufacturing)
GPA: 3.03/4
Studied from GIKI - One of the top engineering schools of Pakistan.

Graduate: Master of ENgineering in Mechanical (Advanced Manufacturing Technology)
GPA: 3.83/4
University of Technology, Malaysia

GMAT: 720 (49Q, 39V 5IR)
Year Taken: 2015

Work Experience: Total Work Experience = 4 Years (3 years internationl)
- 1 Year as Trainee at a Power Plant
- 11 Months as Assistant Project Controller (Construction Project - Power Plant - Philippines)
- (Current Positon) 2 years as Contract & Risk Manager (Construction Project - Power Plant - Philippines) - Currently managing a team of 2.
* Promoted once in the last three years. Receieved multiple pay raises higher than company's standard annual raise.

Interests: Love to Travel, Cook, Play Tennis, Learn about Efficient/Sustainable Processes and Designs

About myself: Hardworking, Patient, Proactive

Previusly a member of toastmasters club - (company chapter) Left the club due to work load as the consutruction project gained momentum.
Member of International Associatation for Commercial and Contracts Management (IACCM)
Certified Contract and Commercial Management Professional (Practitioner)

I will be leaving my current contract based job by Mid next year, in time for the MBA class to commence.

What are my chances at Rotman? What can I do to improve my chances?

Thanks,
Aleem
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Hi Class of 2021! I'm Sheila Quiroga and I would like to share my blog, https://wondersuite.blogspot.com, to you that I recently updated. Please do follow my blog and share them on your feed please! You can scroll all the way down or look at the labels button beside to access the important articles. Hope you find this useful!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Scores:
GMAT : 660 (Lower than average, but I am not able to improve it)
Education:
PGDM – IIM (top 3 of the class 4.0 GPA), BTECH – 84% around 3.7 GPA (top 5 of the class)
12th - 89%, 10th - 80%
Work Experience: (total 5 years)
Supply Chain Consultant:
[*]Global Exposure in dealing with clients in South Africa, Canada, Egypt, Dubai, Japan, Germany and Australia
[*]As a consultant frequently travel to foreign countries for driving the supply chain solution for clients
[*]Generated a total revenue of $1.5 million and saving of $2.5 million to customers.
[*]Designed Intercontinental Business Process by integrating the marketing and supply chain team, which resulted in saving of 11% of operating costs at Mass Discounters
[*]Optimized the Safety Stock process across the stores by using statistical methods which led to savings of $200,000 per month at Mr Price
[*]Improvement of various KPI’s and business performance metrics for clients.
[*]Improved forecast Accuracy by 12% for Beverages and Foods Division at Pepsi
[*]Change Management - Partnered with Sales and Supply Chain team to bring changes to day – day operations.
[*]Created reports and dashboards for insights into project implementation
Achievements: H1 Pillar award for highest customer satisfaction and revenue generation , Spot Award for exceptional performance in Pepsi AMENA, 2 promotions in span of 3 years.
Programmer Analyst:
[*]Developed Claims Management System which improved the process for underwriters in approving the claims requests, which helped in reducing the underwriting errors done by 15%
[*]Developed automated tools for premium calculation for US Profession Insurance and UK Personal Insurance products, which helped in improving the efficiency of execution time by 86%.
Achievements: Top Innovator Award in 2011

Internships:
[*]Internship at JP Morgan Chase – Improved the Payment Mechanism by taping foreign currency reserves of bank across countries which resulted in 5% of annual savings
[*]Internship - Developed Inventory Optimization Tool for ELEMEC industries which helped reducing the inventory holding cost at the warehouse by 17%.

Extracurricular:
[*]President of Alumni Committee: Responsible for handling 1 crore of endowment fund and building up network
[*]Event coordinator and president for Infusion 2015 - G
[*]Passed CFA Level 1 in June 2015
[*]First Prize in IEEE National Level Paper for research paper on “Mining of Rare association rules of frequent Items”
[*]NCC Grade A

Questions:
[*]How does Rotman treat 2nd MBA applicants, the reason for apply is to have a global exposure and move into more of higher management roles (my current role i am more focused on Supply Chain)
[*]GMAT score is low is there anyway i can compensate for that as I am travelling so frequently i cannot re-take
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Scores:
Education:
PGDM – IIM (top 3 of the class 4.0 GPA), BTECH – 84% around 3.7 GPA (top 5 of the class)
12th - 89%, 10th - 80%
Supply Chain Consultant:
[*]Global Exposure in dealing with clients in South Africa, Canada, Egypt, Dubai, Japan, Germany and Australia
[*]As a consultant frequently travel to foreign countries for driving the supply chain solution for clients
[*]Generated a total revenue of $1.5 million and saving of $2.5 million to customers.
[*]Designed Intercontinental Business Process by integrating the marketing and supply chain team, which resulted in saving of 11% of operating costs at Mass Discounters
[*]Optimized the Safety Stock process across the stores by using statistical methods which led to savings of $200,000 per month at Mr Price
[*]Change Management - Partnered with Sales and Supply Chain team to bring changes to day – day operations.
Achievements: H1 Pillar award for highest customer satisfaction and revenue generation , Spot Award for exceptional performance in Pepsi AMENA, 2 promotions in span of 3 years.
Programmer Analyst:
[*]Developed Claims Management System which improved the process for underwriters in approving the claims requests, which helped in reducing the underwriting errors done by 15%
[*]Developed automated tools for premium calculation for US Profession Insurance and UK Personal Insurance products, which helped in improving the efficiency of execution time by 86%.

Internships:
[*]Internship at JP Morgan Chase – Improved the Payment Mechanism by taping foreign currency reserves of bank across countries which resulted in 5% of annual savings
[*]Internship - Developed Inventory Optimization Tool for ELEMEC industries which helped reducing the inventory holding cost at the warehouse by 17%.

Extracurricular:
[*]President of Alumni Committee: Responsible for handling 1 crore of endowment fund and building up network
[*]First Prize in IEEE National Level Paper for research paper on “Mining of Rare association rules of frequent Items”
[*]NCC Grade A

Questions:
[*]How does Rotman treat 2nd MBA applicants, the reason for apply is to have a global exposure and move into more of higher management roles (my current role i am more focused on Supply Chain)
[*]GMAT score is low is there anyway i can compensate for that as I am travelling so frequently i cannot re-take
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello prasanths89

Though your profile is good and the GMAT could potentially be compensates, the most glaring question is why a second MBA from Rotman when you already have an MBA from IIM.
Many people do a second MBA, but usually it is by moving up a tier. That is going to be the biggest hurdle to cross.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

prasanths89 wrote:
Scores:
Education:
12th - 89%, 10th - 80%
Supply Chain Consultant:
Programmer Analyst:

Internships:

Extracurricular:
[*]NCC Grade A

Questions:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks MBAkarma for the reply. IIM is more of a newer IIM's it does not come under top colleges in India. The reason I want to do second MBA is in my current job I am more focused on Supply Chain management. I would like move up the corporate ladder to more of a holistic corporate strategy roles. With my current profile I require a global exposure to move up the corporate ladder. Please advise.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello prasanths89

Irrespective of a new IIM, you will have to bring out strengths in all admission factors mentioned here.
In addition to the above, you will need to showcase a more fleshed out reason to really pursue a second MBA, when you already have the knowledge. You could add to your research on career goals by reading here.
Lastly, your essays will need to not only highlight all the admission factors mentioned in the first article but also compensate for your low GMAT (Indians are expected to score high and your score is less than the average of Rotman which is 670. If you present this along with weak narrative around career goals/2nd MBA then the schools will see you as an employment risk)
The bright side is your work ex and past scores are really good- so you will need to boost your strengths by better storytelling.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

prasanths89 wrote:
Thanks MBAkarma for the reply. IIM is more of a newer IIM's it does not come under top colleges in India. The reason I want to do second MBA is in my current job I am more focused on Supply Chain management. I would like move up the corporate ladder to more of a holistic corporate strategy roles. With my current profile I require a global exposure to move up the corporate ladder. Please advise.
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi prasanths89,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. You have a very strong background. Below are my responses to your questions.

[*]How does Rotman treat 2nd MBA applicants, the reason for apply is to have a global exposure and move into more of higher management roles (my current role i am more focused on Supply Chain) Your existing role seems to expose you to a plethora of cultures that enable you to have a breadth of global experience. Your strategic development, however, is something you might want to focus on and clearly articulate in your application. Your second MBA will not be an issue so long as you can express the reason why you require it. The qualitative component of your application will be very important here.
[*]GMAT score is low is there anyway i can compensate for that as I am travelling so frequently i cannot re-take. Your GMAT is slightly below average. I would not worry about your score, especially since you have proven in both undergraduate and graduate programs your academic prowess.

If you would like to continue the conversation, please reach out to schedule a free 30-minute consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

prasanths89 wrote:
Scores:
Education:
12th - 89%, 10th - 80%
Supply Chain Consultant:
Programmer Analyst:

Internships:

Extracurricular:
[*]NCC Grade A

Questions:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Scores:
GMAT : 680 (Q 48, V35)
Education:
B.Tech(Pvt. University) CGPA: 7.47
12th - 66%, 10th - 77%
Work Experience: (total 4 years)
SAP Business Objects Analyst
-Global Exposure in dealing with clients in USA, China, Saudi Arabia.
-Took proactive part in Migration of SAP from 3.x to 4.x.
-Created reports and dashboards for insights into project implementation.
-SAP Business Objects SPOC for 4 BO Universes.
-Nature of work involved support to the client and to the client application.
-Responsible for multiple finance dashboard reports to international clients.

Extracurricular:
-National Cadet Core: Air Wing, Corporal at High school level.
-Instructor and group leader for college's dance group.
-Won multiple certificates and awards at college level dance competitions

Questions:
-What is the one key quality that Rotman looks for in its applicants
- Took Gmat 5 times and at last ended up with a 680 score. others were (550,600,620,640) would this reflect weakness?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello ab52

There is no 'single' factor that Rotman looks at. It will evaluate your profile on a combination of factors mentioned here.
Multiple GMAT attempts should not weaken your profile as you have shown consistent improvement. 680 is not a deal breaker for Rotman, though higher would have helped.
At this stage I'd say your profile has the goods (Acads, Work Ex, Extracurricular), but to deliver them you will need to showcase your career goals (missing from your post) and their fit with Rotman.
Let me know if you have further questions.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

ab52 wrote:
Scores:
GMAT : 680 (Q 48, V35)
Education:
B.Tech(Pvt. University) CGPA: 7.47
12th - 66%, 10th - 77%
Work Experience: (total 4 years)
SAP Business Objects Analyst
-Global Exposure in dealing with clients in USA, China, Saudi Arabia.
-Took proactive part in Migration of SAP from 3.x to 4.x.
-Created reports and dashboards for insights into project implementation.
-SAP Business Objects SPOC for 4 BO Universes.
-Nature of work involved support to the client and to the client application.
-Responsible for multiple finance dashboard reports to international clients.

Extracurricular:
-National Cadet Core: Air Wing, Corporal at High school level.
-Instructor and group leader for college's dance group.
-Won multiple certificates and awards at college level dance competitions

Questions:
-What is the one key quality that Rotman looks for in its applicants
- Took Gmat 5 times and at last ended up with a 680 score. others were (550,600,620,640) would this reflect weakness?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
I'm applying to Rotman, 2019 Intake, 1st Round. Please review my profile and suggest what I should focus on to improve my chances of getting in.

Background and nationality:
26, Vietnamese, Female.

Undergrad Information:
FOREIGN TRADE UNIVERSITY Hanoi, Vietnam
Bachelor’s Degree, International Business & Economics 2010 – 2014
GPA: 3.51 / 4 or 8.39 / 10
Top 10 Outstanding Scholarships, Faculty of Economics and International Business: 2nd Semester at 9.2 / 10 and 5th Semester at 9.1 / 10

GMAT - 1st attempt in Jun 2018:
720 (Quant 49 Verbal 38 AWA 5.5 IR 4)

IELTS - May 2018: 8.0

Work experience and leadership:

BEEKETING LLC in Hanoi, Vietnam
A tech startup that provides SaaS marketing automation platform for eCommerce websites. I joined this startup since its first days when we only had 9 people. In the last 3 years the company has been growing to 85 people, and multiplying revenue 65 times. I am also leading a business section which accounts for 20% of the total revenue in the last 16 months.

- Product Marketing Manager: Apr 2017 – Present - lead a team of 4, including 2 marketers and 2 engineers
• Design and implement marketing strategies on multi-digital channels to grow user bases and monthly recurring revenue in 5 markets.
• Supervise the production of all content materials, including email marketing, blog posts, case studies, website copies, landing pages, advertisements and social media posts.
• Innovate and manage cross-functional initiatives with product, design, data analytics, and sale teams to improve product metrics.
• Forge partnership with strategic partners to for co-promotional and branding purposes.
• Monitor consumer trends and strategies of competitors to maintain strong market intelligence and adjust the company's strategies quickly to respond.
• Results: Reduced churn rate from 72% to 35%; Increased upgrade conversion rate from 6% to 24%; Increased average revenue per user by 58%; Boosted monthly revenue by 842% in 6 months.

- Customer Success Manager: Dec 2016 – Apr 2017; May 2018 - Present
• Lead a team of 8 international customer support agents to deliver high-standard customer service to 400,000+ global customers.
• Establish efficient customer success process and practices to optimize and enhance team’s performance.
• Guide team members in technical, marketing and communication skills to successfully troubleshoot issues for customers under time pressure.
Results: Shortened maximum support time from 60 to 24 hours; Reduced total number of support tickets and live-chats by 30%; Converted 87% of bad reviews into good reviews; Boosted average Net Promoter Score from 2.95 to 4.35 / 5.

- Product Marketing Executive & Customer Success agent: Jun 2015 – Apr 2017
• Conducted market research, competitor analysis and industrial best practices to develop and execute marketing activities that generate new, high quality leads for products.
• Explored and tested new growth channels for current and new products.
• Watched product metrics using various tools (Mixpanel, Modeanalytics, Google Analytics), and proposed responsive marketing and product initiatives to optimize conversion rates and retention.
• Forged partnership with strategic partners to accelerate co-promotional activities and enhance the company’s brand image.
• Results: Contributed to the increase of 4,000% in 18 months in monthly recurring revenue, raising ARR to ~$1M by end of 2016.

VINGROUP JOINT STOCK COMPANY in Hanoi, Vietnam
This is by far the biggest private corporation in Vietnam, leading in many industries including real estate, retail, eCommerce, etc.

- President Assistant Dept. Officer: Dec 2014 – Jun 2015
• Conducted market research, gathered market data to write reports on market trends and opportunities of 3 industries: hospitality, fashion retail, and e-Commerce.
Supervised the operation of procedures of image production, buying and marketing of Fashion Department at Adayroi – Vingroup’s e-Commerce company.

BOO LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY in Hanoi, Vietnam
This is a big local fashion brand. I worked there as a consulting intern in 4 months to build frameworks for the development of the online business section, and contributed to the increase of online sales by 700% after 4 months.

- Consulting Intern: Jul 2013 – Oct 2013
• Gathered and analyzed historical data to understand the current situation and project potentials of developing the online business sector.
• Build operation framework, revenue targets, and action plan in 3 months.
• Worked closely with marketing, design, and delivery teams to execute testing initiatives.
• Multiplied online sales by 7 times, from 6 million VND in Jul to 43 million VND in Oct.

Community and others:

- Selected as 1 of 9 Vietnamese representatives at Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2016, Silicon Valley, USA
- Led a team of 3 representatives of Beeketing to join Cohort 2 of MaGIC Accelerator Program ASEAN Startup Track 2016, Cyberjaya, Malaysia
- Represented Beeketing at the incubator training program of the Vietnam – Finland Innovation Partnership Program (IPP) 2015
- Head of Operation of a major student club in university

LORs:

I can get 2 good professional recommendations from current boss (Co-founder and CMO, my direct supervisor at Beeketing) and previous boss (my team leader at Vingroup)

What else can I improve on my application? Where should I focus on? What other schools should I target?

Thank you in advance!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
Send PM
Asking for a friend

Indian Female Chartered Accountant (equivalent of CPA in Canada)

Age – 24

GMAT – 620

Education –

Chartered Accountancy (C.A.)
B.Com. 66.81%
Class XII 95.2%
Class X CGPA 10 / 10

Work experience – 3 years + 2 years of Articleship experience (at KPMG) prior to completion of graduation

Currently working at a transaction and business advisory start-up.

Close to 5 years of experience in Deal Advisory at KPMG (including articleship period) where I did the following –
1. Advised and handheld promoters of a renowned Indian apparel company (Revenue size – INR 850 crores in FY 2017-18) throughout the IPO process of the company
2. Worked on India’s largest consummated FDI transaction till date i.e. Essar-Rosneft deal – due diligence services, domestic and international tax advisory and preparing tax opinions
3. Conceptualized, analyzed and evaluated 25+ corporate restructuring transactions (incl. merger /demerger, share/ business transfer(s), inbound and outbound transactions involving Indian and foreign entities) from a tax and regulatory perspective. This primarily required detailed analysis of various laws like Income Tax Law (alongwith India’s Tax Treaties with various nations), Corporate Law, FEMA, SEBI regulations, Stamp Duty Act, etc.
4. Modeled tax effective and regulatory compliant business restructuring solutions for clients in various industries leading to tax optimization of over INR 50 crores for clients
5. Independently handled 40+ buy side and vendor Tax Due Diligence engagements for various PE funds and sovereign wealth funds
6. Assisted HNIs and Promoter Groups in succession planning - laying down the roadmap for family arrangements / settlements involving re-structuring of controlling stake in family businesses and high value property for smooth succession of family wealth

Recognition at work: 3 awards, one being for Essar – Rosneft engagement

Extra-curricular:
1. Published an article in 2017 to present simplified Tax and Regulatory reasons behind the rise of Capital Buybacks by Indian corporates
2. Won 4 gold medals and 3 silver medals in annual firm wide sports events for table tennis, cricket and soccer.
3. Won the first runner-up position in an inter-corporate Table Tennis tournament which saw participation by more than 25 companies.
4. Hosted skill building and networking sessions for groups of 60+ persons.
5. Presented before 500+ audience at multiple firm wide events like Townhall and Off-sites.
6. Learning Salsa and Bachata dance forms

Post MBA goals - Work in a top notch Strategy Consulting firm

Kindly consider the above for evaluation.
Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  30   
Moderator:
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts