Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:48 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4655 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Test Center Reviews for GMAT Test [#permalink]
Ramyanag wrote:
Hi,

Did anyone take exam at Myra School of Business, Mysore, India? I am not seeing a single slot in Pearson Center, Bangalore until Sept. 26th. That is too far. So I am planning to book GMAT slot at Myra, Mysore. Please review if any one has taken exam there. Please let us how is the noise level at the test center, how is the atmosphere at the test center, how far it is from the city, can you get a taxi there conveniently to get back to the city?

I took the GMAT yesterday at Myra School of Business, Mysore, because I couldn't find any slots in Bangalore. The center is nowhere as good as the Dickenson Road (Bangalore Pearson Professional) one. There are just 3 seats in a very small room (chamber) for the exam, in the college library. Since it's a library it's a bit quite, but still you can hear the phone ring and the students talking. The ear plugs they provide are bad, which doesn't help. The invigilators aren't attentive at all. For my break, I raised my hand for over 30 seconds....no response....came out myself and saw the lady scrolling Facebook! You need make a bit of noise to get their attention. The lockers and the washrooms are a bit far away, a mins walk, in opposite directions! I always took about 3,4 mins at the Dickenson Road center, while I took 7 mins during the breaks at Myra. Again, don't trust the invigilators regarding how much break time is left. My wife asked the invigilator and she just made a guess - 5 mins!! My wife missed a minute in Quant :x Always, ask them to go to the room and check the time.

Another issue with Myra is it's reachability. It's really far from Mysore city center, with absolutely nothing around it. Take your car if possible, there is parking. I had issues with Ola, some drivers refused to go there saying it was outside the service area but finally another driver agreed. We got no cabs at all while coming back. The school was nice enough to let us ride their college bus to the city center :-)

With this info I think you can manage a decent exam at Myra. I wouldn't say avoid it at all costs, but yeah if you could do in Bangalore that would be better.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
gmat2k17 wrote:
ss12 wrote:
Hey everyone..!
Is there anyone who has given the test in Nagpur (Maharashtra)?? I have been looking for some reviews of this centre but no luck!
Any information is highly appreciated..
Thanks in advance[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my MotoG3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

ss12

Stay away from the center. It is pathetic.

You can read the details in the below link:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/test-center- ... 47473.html

Hey..
Sorry to hear abt Ur frnd's experience at Nagpur centre!
But by the tym I read her review, I had already scheduled my exam in Nagpur and was extremely worried after knowing Ur frnd's experience.
But I decided to give exam and was prepared for the worst! I was determined to give my exam and decided to give re exam if needed!

So my exam day arrived. It was 31st August 2017 at 11AM.....
As I reached I came to know dat there were some technical issues and dat I would have to wait. As I had already expected this, I kept myself calm n was waiting....
But the wait was just not getting over.. I was irritated but I had to give exam and didn't want to reschedule it!
Finally my exam started at 2:30PM...
And the good thing was, once the exam started, everything went smoothly.
I ended up scoring 690 (Q49,V35)!
I was expecting 700 plus as I had scored 710 and 720 in GMAT prep.
I feel my score could have been 700 plus if I had started my exam at the right time because I was a little tired when my exam actually started (3.5 hrs late!)

Now I am not sure whether I should take the exam again!Though I am thinking to apply with this score and give a try!

Overall I would say Unisoft Technologies at Nagpur is definitely not the best centre because they also admitted that they are facing technical issues from 2 months!
But if anyone is planning to take exam in Nagpur I would suggest you to visit the centre once and check whether they have resolved their issues because other than the initial issues, I didn't face any problem during the exam about which I was more concerned.
I got the pad and pen in perfect condition along with the ear plugs. The temperature was not too cold. The locker and washroom were in good condition.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
shrutiwali wrote:
Test Center : Unisoft Technologies.

First of all, you wont find this location on map. and Thank God, I went there the previous week just to see where exactly it is located and how good it is. I had to call the people from test center for direction as the center name is not Unisoft Technologies at all.
I had scheduled my test for 19th Aug,2017 (Saturday). I was really nervous about taking the test as it was my first time. So I reach there and find out that the application is not working. After inquiring, they say it's the server problem. We were 5 of us, and 1 of us had already begun the test, attempted her first 5 questions from verbal and came out because the application got hung. We all waited for about one and a half hour, and still not a thing about server going right. This is a disaster. All they kept saying was it is server/cloud problem. And our batch was not the only one to experience this, this has been happening since 3-4 days, the center staff says.
Horrible experience. I got my test rescheduled to 31st Aug. Crossing my fingers that nothing of such sort happens on the day of test and everything goes smooth.

Hi, Did you take the test at this new center? I have mine scheduled on 21-Sep and would like to know the possible issues I might face in this center. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
rdeivana wrote:
shrutiwali wrote:

First of all, you wont find this location on map. and Thank God, I went there the previous week just to see where exactly it is located and how good it is. I had to call the people from test center for direction as the center name is not Unisoft Technologies at all.
I had scheduled my test for 19th Aug,2017 (Saturday). I was really nervous about taking the test as it was my first time. So I reach there and find out that the application is not working. After inquiring, they say it's the server problem. We were 5 of us, and 1 of us had already begun the test, attempted her first 5 questions from verbal and came out because the application got hung. We all waited for about one and a half hour, and still not a thing about server going right. This is a disaster. All they kept saying was it is server/cloud problem. And our batch was not the only one to experience this, this has been happening since 3-4 days, the center staff says.
Horrible experience. I got my test rescheduled to 31st Aug. Crossing my fingers that nothing of such sort happens on the day of test and everything goes smooth.

Hi, Did you take the test at this new center? I have mine scheduled on 21-Sep and would like to know the possible issues I might face in this center. Thanks.

Hi...
Even I was told the same thing that there are cloud issues from backend and that Unisoft is facing this problem at its Bangalore centre as well. So I suggest u visit the centre once and talk to them whether the issue is resolved.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Has anybody written the GMAT exam in the Ranchi centre? (India)

I am confused between the Ranchi and Bhubaneswar centres. Any feedback will be immensely helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
ss12 wrote:
rdeivana wrote:
shrutiwali wrote:

Hi...
Even I was told the same thing that there are cloud issues from backend and that Unisoft is facing this problem at its Bangalore centre as well. So I suggest u visit the centre once and talk to them whether the issue is resolved.

I took an exam today. But it turned out to be a bad experience. The exam didn't start on time, started almost 45 minutes after schedule (I reached 30 minutes before the scheduled start). The systems froze due to possible internet connectivity around 30 minutes into the exam. That broke the tempo during the exam. In short, avoid this center! :-(

EDIT: 08-NOV - This center is not worth taking any exam, least of it GMAT. I am surprised that Pearson Vue selects such a center for conducting GMAT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos