Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: Stern '20 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [4]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Hello everyone,

I'm a bit confused over the Essay-1 topic. Is the real motive to test our values and passions or is it more about "choose a case study, then find a solution, and its important to you maybe you'll brainstorm more emotionally/passionately about it" ?

This can really make a difference in topic selection.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Hi all,

I am hoping to make the first deadline.
What part of the application is "Consider a statistic or trend that shocks you. Why is it important to you and how could it be changed for the better?" is this under?

Skimmed through the application but unable to find the prompt.Might sound silly but any help would be appreciated.
Current Student
Send PM
eskimo wrote:
Hi all,

What part of the application is "Consider a statistic or trend that shocks you. Why is it important to you and how could it be changed for the better?" is this under?

Skimmed through the application but unable to find the prompt.Might sound silly but any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

It is Essay -1 under the section "Make an Impression". Its a 500 - word essay topic.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
AA2014 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
Hi all,

Hi,

It is Essay -1 under the section "Make an Impression". Its a 500 - word essay topic.

Thank you so much :thumbup:
Current Student
Send PM
AA2014 wrote:
Narenn wrote:

Oxford - Admission Trends!

Hi Everyone, Here is our analysis of admission trends and acceptance chances at Oxford based on our accumulated forum data of applicants. We have analysed our forum data of Oxford applicants from 2012 to 2016 to determine acceptance chances by GMAT score, admission rounds, industry, age, country, etc.

The data used for this analysis is self-reported, so it's advised to use the findings with discretion. They are meant to give only a general idea of admission scenario at Oxford; Don't presume that these findings will hold true all the time.

We would welcome any comments, opinions, suggestions or anything else that you might have to say about the findings of this analysis.

YOY Acceptance Rate and Avg GMAT of Applicants

Sample Size: 581 Applicants

Acceptance Rate by GMAT Score

• As anticipated, admission rate of Oxford is much higher than that of LBS, UK's top business school. If you score 720 or above on the GMAT, your acceptance chances reach up to 60%.
  • Narrow gap between lines showing interview invites and acceptance indicate that Oxford is selective in sending interview invites, and one can have better chance of acceptance after interview. This may seem obvious but we have seen certain schools who are very generous in inviting candidates for interview, but selective in making final decisions. (See Tuck, Columbia, Fuqua)
  • Acceptance rate of Oxford applicants after interview is close to 76%.

Sample Size: 242 Applicants

Acceptance Rate by Admission Round

Sample Size: 428 Applicants

Acceptance Rates of Applicants in Different Age Groups

Sample Size: 171 Applicants

Acceptance rates of applicants from various industries

• The first chart - line chart - shows acceptance rates of applicants from various industries and the pie chart next to it shows industry-wise allocation of applicants.

Sample Size: 226 Applicants

Acceptance Rates of Applicants from Various Regions

Sample Size: 203 Applicants

As I said earlier, we welcome your views, counter-views, suggestions, etc on the analysis. Thank you!

Hello Narenn,

I'm an Indian applicant to Said this year Round 1 (Sep-29). I'm in the final stages of my app and today I saw these stats of Said Acceptance rates in each round. I needed an advice regarding this.

I see that the acceptance rate is 19% among 450 applicants in Round-1 (around 90 accepted) whereas its approx 50% among 150 applicants in Round-2 (75 accepted). So should I postpone my application for Round-2?

Please suggest. Also, since this thread is last year's and members are already Oxford students now, so please suggest what should I do.

Thanks for reading.
Current Student
Send PM
RonaOriel wrote:
AA2014 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm a bit confused over the Essay-1 topic. Is the real motive to test our values and passions or is it more about "choose a case study, then find a solution, and its important to you maybe you'll brainstorm more emotionally/passionately about it" ?

The essay 1 topic should definitely NOT be a case study! Please do not make that mistake!

You should begin by thinking about what you are passionate about and chose a topic so that you can showcase your values and your past professional experiences or volunteer experiences. Finally, the topic should tie in to your future goals. The statistic should be the easy part and any number of statistics will most likely fit to your final essay.

It is a very challenging question and there is a lot to cover in 500 words.

I am a recent Oxford MBA grad and I work as an admissions consultant. I can provide further help with this essay. You can find more information about me on my website: https://www.orieladmissions.com/

Cheers,
Rona[/quote]

Thanks Rona. I have already read your post before and it was very insightful. Thanks for the advice.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi guys.Since no time is mentioned on Oxford MBA's website, so should I assume that its 23:59 GMT on 29th September , giving me the whole Friday ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
wacky77 wrote:
Hi guys.Since no time is mentioned on Oxford MBA's website, so should I assume that its 23:59 GMT on 29th September , giving me the whole Friday ?

My deadline reminder email from Oxford says 'You can complete and submit your application up to midnight BST on 29 September.'
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
markj wrote:
What are the main differences between Oxford Said and Cambridge Judge?

https://www.orieladmissions.com/single- ... idge-Judge

Thank you! great article.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Education)
Send PM
Hi all,

What is the minimum work-ex requirements (if any) for SAID?

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Hii, realised this thread is very quiet. Anyone submitted their application for Round 1? I did! (:

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Education)
Send PM
kells26 wrote:
Hii, realised this thread is very quiet. Anyone submitted their application for Round 1? I did! (:

Hi

Could you share your profile?

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rever08 wrote:
kells26 wrote:

Hi

Could you share your profile?

Thanks,

27, female, from Singapore
Business degree from top 3 uni in Singapore
Joined a global bank
Promoted once and have had regional and global exposure.
Active participation in community, volunteering and competitions.
Current Student
Send PM
kells26 wrote:

Hi there.

I too have applied for Said Round 1. Lets hope for the best now.

And yeah you're right, this thread IS very quiet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GPA: 1
Send PM
Anyone get an interview invite yet? Based off last year's thread invites would be sent around now, but they may have done a standard Oct. 27 release date this year not sure.
Current Student
Send PM
GlengarryRoss wrote:
Anyone get an interview invite yet? Based off last year's thread invites would be sent around now, but they may have done a standard Oct. 27 release date this year not sure.

Hi,

No invite received yet. Do tell if you get it. And best of luck for that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
AA2014 wrote:
GlengarryRoss wrote:

Hi,

No invite received yet. Do tell if you get it. And best of luck for that.

Same here. Nothing in the inbox yet. Do share if there is any news (:

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts