Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:35 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q43 V47
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
K.Ramesh wrote:
Admitted with $100,000 scholarship! I can’t even believe it. The scholarship comes from the Forte Foundation through USC.

How’d you find out about your scholarship amount? Was it in the word doc admissions letter?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
SharmaShruti wrote:
K.Ramesh wrote:
Admitted with $100,000 scholarship! I can’t even believe it. The scholarship comes from the Forte Foundation through USC.

Congratulations! This is fantastic news.
Can you tell us when you were interviewed?

Thanks! I interviewed in mid-October (I think October 18th?)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thecityjp wrote:
K.Ramesh wrote:

How’d you find out about your scholarship amount? Was it in the word doc admissions letter?

Yep, it was in the word doc admissions letter!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi all,
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back from the adcom on the results for the Indian applicants?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
SharmaShruti wrote:
Hi all,
Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back from the adcom on the results for the Indian applicants?

May be mid December.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yash5518 wrote:
SharmaShruti wrote:
Hi all,

May be mid December.

Thanks for that!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Does anyone who was interviewed after 11/17 get offer?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
theazhang wrote:
Does anyone who was interviewed after 11/17 get offer?

I have

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi,
The school asks for financial documentation to international applicants. What all should be uploaded? any idea?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
heya123 wrote:
Hi,
The school asks for financial documentation to international applicants. What all should be uploaded? any idea?

You have to upload documents confirming that you have money for the first year of study + living expenses. In Marshall it is something like $80-100k. Usually you put the money in the bank and then take the document from them. Then send this document to the school and they provide you with I-20 form for the F-1 visa.
I am not sure what to upload when you don't have money. But I think that for 1 year you should have. Otherwise how are you gonna pay?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Thank you so much! This is useful info. Also, is it mandatory that we upload this documentation before the application submission deadline?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
heya123 wrote:
Thank you so much! This is useful info. Also, is it mandatory that we upload this documentation before the application submission deadline?

You can send them the document after getting an offer. so if you are applying for R2 it is more or less March 2018.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Business Development (Retail)
Send PM
My query is for all international applicants (in my case Indian applicants)- is it imperative to give a TOEFL or IELTS exam for USC Marshall's full-time MBA course even if your undergrad and/or post-grad degrees had English as the only medium of instruction?

If yes, then could someone shed light on the kind of prep required for either of those English Language Proficiency tests, as i was always under the impression that my undergrad and post-grad being English-only courses would take care of that requirement.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 726 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
CantonasRaisedCollar wrote:
My query is for all international applicants (in my case Indian applicants)- is it imperative to give a TOEFL or IELTS exam for USC Marshall's full-time MBA course even if your undergrad and/or post-grad degrees had English as the only medium of instruction?

If yes, then could someone shed light on the kind of prep required for either of those English Language Proficiency tests, as i was always under the impression that my undergrad and post-grad being English-only courses would take care of that requirement.

The answer to your first question is YES. USC Marshall requires Indian applicants to prove their English proficiency by giving one of tests. You can read about it in the below post

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1947756

USC marshall is one of the college that requires TOEFL or IELTS or PTE compulsorily even though you completed your UG in a college in which English was the Medium of Instruction. All US b-schools do not have this requirement and offer a waiver if your UG was in English. So you need to look for the exact requirement for each college on their respective website
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pikolo2510 wrote:
CantonasRaisedCollar wrote:

The answer to your first question is YES. USC Marshall requires Indian applicants to prove their English proficiency by giving one of tests. You can read about it in the below post

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1947756

USC marshall is one of the college that requires TOEFL or IELTS or PTE compulsorily even though you completed your UG in a college in which English was the Medium of Instruction. All US b-schools do not have this requirement and offer a waiver if your UG was in English. So you need to look for the exact requirement for each college on their respective website

Is it okay to submit TOEFL scores post the R2 deadline date and still have the application considered for R2? The only TOEFL dates available in my area are for after the R2 deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:
Is it okay to submit TOEFL scores post the R2 deadline date and still have the application considered for R2? The only TOEFL dates available in my area are for after the R2 deadline.

Application should be submitted before the deadline. Recs, and official score can be submitted a week after deadline.

Originally posted by MbaRacer on 08 Dec 2017, 23:26.
Last edited by MbaRacer on 08 Dec 2017, 23:37, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MbaRacer wrote:
Quote:

Application should be submitted before the deadline. Recs, and official score can be submitted a week after deadline.

It takes the folks over at TOEFL about two weeks to dispatch the scores, and since the test date that is available in my area is for the 6th of Jan, which is one day post the R2 deadline, would the score still be acceptable as a part of the R2 application?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  25   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts