Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619230 [2]
Given Kudos: 81609
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619230 [0]
Send PM
Math Expert
Send PM
Re: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Preparation Guide [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619230 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Hi OP, I was wondering, is it true that the GMAT Official Guide Bundle are too “basic”? I currently score around 640 on the GMATprep software. I usually score between 45 and 47 on Quant, and around 34 on Verbal. I haven’t purchased any books aside from a Kaplan book, and I’m considering buying the OG 2018 Bundle and/or the Manhattan series and/or the Powerscore bibles. I’m not sure which ONES I should purchase (as in, if I purchase the Manhattan series, should I purchase the ten books or just the Quant books? Should I purchase the verbal books from Powerscore? Would I still need the OG by then?). My weakest areas are reading comprehension (since English is my 3rd language) and combinations/permutations. Thank you for helping me out on this! Oh and I forgot to mention: my goal is to score around 720!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1322 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
bb Bunuel I was wondering what tool was used to generate the GC Math Book PDF? Btw is there a doc file for it by any chance? I notice that we have the "Print view" option but that shows the equations in Latex format, which isn't easy to read, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Does GC have any feature to convert any post into a PDF, allowing the user to highlight or do whatever one wants with that PDF? If not, do you have any recommendations for any specific third party tools that might be handy to do this?

For example, this thread "Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread" has so many great links and I would want the post to be in some format (i.e. PDF or doc) so that I can mark what I find useful to me and only review the marked stuff again when I'm revising the concepts. For example, one might have gone through some other guides already such as Manhattan Prep quant guides and would only want to highlight/annotate stuff that might be new in these posts. Having the GC Math Book PDF is really useful for annotating/highlighting but it would be even better if one could add other articles to it if there was any way to generate a PDF/doc file for other articles not covered in the book.

I want to copy some posts to a word document or PDF with keeping the equations readable. Currently, if we copy a post with some equations, the equations are really hard to read because they are formatted using Latex for GC posts and they might look slightly different when pasting them to a text or doc file. For example, if I copy this equation: \(R = \frac{n!}{n} = (n-1)!\), it shows up like this: R=n!n=(n−1)! (So we can't even tell if it's a fraction).

Thanks!
Attachments

Print View.png
Print View.png [ 319 KiB | Viewed 23163 times ]

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
We use a highly scientific tool. I’m not sure if you would be able to master it but I will try to give you some directions ;-)

Take your mouse and click at the beginning of the post and then drag it down to the end.

CTRL C

then go to MS Word and CTRL V

then you can print or save as PDF or save as a doc file. That’s how we made the math book. :-)

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1322 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
bb wrote:
We use a highly scientific tool. I’m not sure if you would be able to master it but I will try to give you some directions ;-)

Take your mouse and click at the beginning of the post and then drag it down to the end.

CTRL C

then you can print or save as PDF or save as a doc file. That’s how we made the math book. :-)

bb Haha! Voila (says a man from the stone age ;)). What's the use of "Print View"? It shows the equations in Latex format "\(C^n_k = \frac{n!}{k!(n-k)!}\)", which aren't pleasant to read. "Print View" would be a lot more useful if it could show the formatted equations as we see on the forums. In that case, we could either print it or save it as a PDF. Is there any other way besides "Print View" to print the posts with formatted equations? If I just Ctrl+P on a forum page, it would print all the extra stuff on the side column such as ads, GC Rewards and links to other forum threads.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
They don't build things like they used to in stone age. Now they fall apart after one use. :-o
In any case, we have enabled formulas to be used in the print view. Enjoy!

dabaobao wrote:
bb wrote:

CTRL C

bb Haha! Voila (says a man from the stone age ;)). What's the use of "Print View"? It shows the equations in Latex format "\(C^n_k = \frac{n!}{k!(n-k)!}\)", which aren't pleasant to read. "Print View" would be a lot more useful if it could show the formatted equations as we see on the forums. In that case, we could either print it or save it as a PDF. Is there any other way besides "Print View" to print the posts with formatted equations? If I just Ctrl+P on a forum page, it would print all the extra stuff on the side column such as ads, GC Rewards and links to other forum threads.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [1]
Given Kudos: 247
GMAT 1: 560 Q39 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Bunuel,

I believe the URL under 24. Coordinate Geometry "Dealing with Tangents on the GMAT" is wrong. I think it should be https://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2016/03/quarter-wit-quarter-wisdom-dealing-with-tangents-on-the-gmat/.

Thanks again for all you great posts!
Cheers
Math Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
T1101 wrote:
Hi Bunuel,

I believe the URL under 24. Coordinate Geometry "Dealing with Tangents on the GMAT" is wrong. I think it should be https://www.veritasprep.com/blog/2016/03/quarter-wit-quarter-wisdom-dealing-with-tangents-on-the-gmat/.

Thanks again for all you great posts!
Cheers

Thank you. Edited. Here is the link: Dealing with Tangents on the GMAT
Thanks bunuel for this Megathread.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thanks Bunuel. Amazing post and extremely helpful!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Huge help thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Hi Bunuel,

Do we have any page similar to this for verbal ?

Thanks
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619230 [1]
Send PM