Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 10:55 It is currently 09 May 2024, 10:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, International Business
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 54
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 2.5
Send PM
Re: Calling Naveen Jindal (UT Dallas) Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
muthuveerappan wrote:
Hi all,

I got the admit in R1. :) :)
I would like to connect with other admits.
My number is +91 9952089126.
Other admits please ping your contact numbers.
Lets start a https://gmatclub.com/chat group.

Hey Man!! If you did start a group, please add me. +91-8373997868
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Calling Naveen Jindal (UT Dallas) Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Anyone expecting an admit in this week? I know a lot of candidates have interviewed in last 2 weeks and we can expect the decision come out by the end of the coming week!
Admitted
21 Feb, 2017
17 Dec 2017, 16:06
Private, GMAT: 730, Q45, V45; WE: 22 months; United States; via Email [#permalink]
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3149 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
I love the Jindal's dual degree option.
But I am fighting myself and won't be applying due to the following review -->

Quote:
While the crowd isn’t exactly multicultural – you’ll just find a crazy number of Indians – it certainly doesn’t mean that it’s bad. Students do complain of a lack of ‘pretty faces’, but you can always find your type of people, it’s said.
Life on campus can become pretty boring. There isn’t much to do in and around the place, and students’ woes are compounded by the fact that there isn’t a bar on campus. However, there are a number of perfectly good restaurants around, with Papa Johns and Subway being crowd-pullers.

Quote:
It’s good but certainly not great. If you think you have a profile that can do better, you probably shouldn’t settle for Dallas.

Damn. I am not going to a dull place for an MBA.

Any other perspectives ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Kudos
Got Admit with $
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Other, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Congratulations seema0408!

I received my acceptance letter as well with scholarship. Best of luck to everyone currently awaiting a decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi

Am applying in round 4 this year. What is the intake chances in round 4 applications.

Thanks
Got a dean's excellence scholarship for MS-MBA dual degree program. Is there anyone else with the same case ??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Interviewed two months back in person - No information back as yet on an admit/reject. Looks like they are waiting on better candidates.

My profile:
GMAT - 710
Experience - 7 years
Field - Business Analytics/Supply Chain
Alum
Send PM
elninoaurora wrote:
Interviewed two months back in person - No information back as yet on an admit/reject. Looks like they are waiting on better candidates.

My profile:
GMAT - 710
Experience - 7 years
Field - Business Analytics/Supply Chain

Better candidates?
Unless you bombed the interview, you should be getting an admit with a hefty scholarship money.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That was sarcasm.

None of my emails to the admit staff have been returned back either - not sure what the issue is.

Either way, the other schools have been really good with communications so I guess this one's a pass. Just thought I'd share the not-so-ideal experience I'm having with UTD in getting answers out.
Alum
Send PM
elninoaurora wrote:
That was sarcasm.

None of my emails to the admit staff have been returned back either - not sure what the issue is.

Either way, the other schools have been really good with communications so I guess this one's a pass. Just thought I'd share the not-so-ideal experience I'm having with UTD in getting answers out.

Gotcha :-)

Some schools have been a giant pain in the keister when it comes to communication.
Some have been great.
I guess it reflects in the rankings and the quality of candidates.
All the best for the other schools
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Finally got through to UTD. Apparently they will only get together next week and decide on Rd 3 by April 15th, after their admit weekend.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
stonecold wrote:

Quote:
While the crowd isn’t exactly multicultural – you’ll just find a crazy number of Indians – it certainly doesn’t mean that it’s bad. Students do complain of a lack of ‘pretty faces’, but you can always find your type of people, it’s said.
Life on campus can become pretty boring. There isn’t much to do in and around the place, and students’ woes are compounded by the fact that there isn’t a bar on campus. However, there are a number of perfectly good restaurants around, with Papa Johns and Subway being crowd-pullers.

Quote:
It’s good but certainly not great. If you think you have a profile that can do better, you probably shouldn’t settle for Dallas.

Any other perspectives ?

Hey stonecold, I read a similar review of the college and this has got me worried too. I would like to join an MBA program that has some sort of diversity in the class. Have you decided to join UTD or are you still exploring other options? What is your profile like? Also can you share some points on why you think the dual degree option at UTD is a good one?

Posted from my mobile device
Alum
Send PM
tarun707 wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Any other perspectives ?

Hey stonecold, I read a similar review of the college and this has got me worried too. I would like to join an MBA program that has some sort of diversity in the class. Have you decided to join UTD or are you still exploring other options? What is your profile like? Also can you share some points on why you think the dual degree option at UTD is a good one?

Posted from my mobile device

Hell NO!
I won't be joining UTD because I choose not to apply to UTD. For me diversity is everything. I need my social life. I am a major SUCKER for that overall MBA experience. II need a class that has students from 15-20 other countries.

Speaking of the entire university (not the B-school in general) UTD has a cluster load of Indians. WTH is the diversity?

RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1362 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
stonecold wrote:

Hell NO!
I won't be joining UTD because I choose not to apply to UTD. For me diversity is everything. I need my social life. I am a major SUCKER for that overall MBA experience. II need a class that has students from 15-20 other countries.

Speaking of the entire university (not the B-school in general) UTD has a cluster load of Indians. WTH is the diversity?

Hi stonecold

I agree with your view about diversity but this may force you to avoid some schools.

BTW, UTD has more issues in quality of education. While all schools over the world have different profs types and there is good and bad, I did not like the schools from the negative opinion about many profs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The profile of admits seems to suggest a different story though? 28% internationals versus 72% local. The campus is overrun with Indians as such but I think this program might be a tad better in diversity?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts