GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Jun 2018, 18:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Naveen Jindal (UT Dallas) Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling Naveen Jindal (UT Dallas) Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2017, 22:09
MasterGMan wrote:
aviamerican wrote:

Do you have any group for UTD admits ?

Na Man! As weird it may sound, I have been unable to connect with any other admits of UTD MBA program. I even contacted admissions office regarding this but they too said that there's no such group for the time being.

BTW congratulations on the admit mate!

Thanks man. Do get in touch with me if you finalize UTD.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, International Business
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Naveen Jindal (UT Dallas) Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2017, 11:03
Hi All,

I have created a FB group for all the students who have accepted their admission offer for the UTD Cohort MBA Class matriculating in 2017.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1805593936430296/
Let's connect through this group. Please join!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 20:01
Hi all,

I got the admit in R1. :) :)
I would like to connect with other admits.
My number is +91 9952089126.
Other admits please ping your contact numbers.
Lets start a whatsapp group.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 2.5

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2017, 19:58
muthuveerappan wrote:
Hi all,

I got the admit in R1. :) :)
I would like to connect with other admits.
My number is +91 9952089126.
Other admits please ping your contact numbers.
Lets start a whatsapp group.

Hey Man!! If you did start a group, please add me. +91-8373997868
Current Student
S
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2017, 04:27
Anyone expecting an admit in this week? I know a lot of candidates have interviewed in last 2 weeks and we can expect the decision come out by the end of the coming week!
Admitted
21 Feb, 2017
TheLegendaryHero GMAT: 730, Q45, V45; WE: 22 months; United States; via Email
BSchool Forum Moderator
D
GRE 1: 323 Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 10:48
I love the Jindal's dual degree option.
But I am fighting myself and won't be applying due to the following review -->

Quote:
While the crowd isn’t exactly multicultural – you’ll just find a crazy number of Indians – it certainly doesn’t mean that it’s bad. Students do complain of a lack of ‘pretty faces’, but you can always find your type of people, it’s said.
Life on campus can become pretty boring. There isn’t much to do in and around the place, and students’ woes are compounded by the fact that there isn’t a bar on campus. However, there are a number of perfectly good restaurants around, with Papa Johns and Subway being crowd-pullers.

Quote:
It’s good but certainly not great. If you think you have a profile that can do better, you probably shouldn’t settle for Dallas.

Damn. I am not going to a dull place for an MBA.

Any other perspectives ?

MBA Financing:- INDIAN PUBLIC BANKS vs PRODIGY FINANCE!

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA!

The MOST AFFORDABLE MBA programs!

STONECOLD's BRUTAL Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

AVERAGE GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.89

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 02:55
Got Admit with $
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Other, Strategy
Schools: Jindal '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.34

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 11:43
Congratulations seema0408!

I received my acceptance letter as well with scholarship. Best of luck to everyone currently awaiting a decision.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2018, 18:48
Hi

Am applying in round 4 this year. What is the intake chances in round 4 applications.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 03:08
Got a dean's excellence scholarship for MS-MBA dual degree program. Is there anyone else with the same case ??
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.2
Calling Naveen Jindal (UT Dallas) Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 12:36
Interviewed two months back in person - No information back as yet on an admit/reject. Looks like they are waiting on better candidates.

My profile:
GMAT - 710
Experience - 7 years
Field - Business Analytics/Supply Chain
BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 12:50
elninoaurora wrote:
Interviewed two months back in person - No information back as yet on an admit/reject. Looks like they are waiting on better candidates.

My profile:
GMAT - 710
Experience - 7 years
Field - Business Analytics/Supply Chain

Better candidates?
Unless you bombed the interview, you should be getting an admit with a hefty scholarship money.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 16:22
That was sarcasm.

None of my emails to the admit staff have been returned back either - not sure what the issue is.

Either way, the other schools have been really good with communications so I guess this one's a pass. Just thought I'd share the not-so-ideal experience I'm having with UTD in getting answers out.
BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 16:28
elninoaurora wrote:
That was sarcasm.

None of my emails to the admit staff have been returned back either - not sure what the issue is.

Either way, the other schools have been really good with communications so I guess this one's a pass. Just thought I'd share the not-so-ideal experience I'm having with UTD in getting answers out.

Gotcha :-)

Some schools have been a giant pain in the keister when it comes to communication.
Some have been great.
I guess it reflects in the rankings and the quality of candidates.
All the best for the other schools

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 22:55
Finally got through to UTD. Apparently they will only get together next week and decide on Rd 3 by April 15th, after their admit weekend.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 03:45
stonecold wrote:

Quote:
While the crowd isn’t exactly multicultural – you’ll just find a crazy number of Indians – it certainly doesn’t mean that it’s bad. Students do complain of a lack of ‘pretty faces’, but you can always find your type of people, it’s said.
Life on campus can become pretty boring. There isn’t much to do in and around the place, and students’ woes are compounded by the fact that there isn’t a bar on campus. However, there are a number of perfectly good restaurants around, with Papa Johns and Subway being crowd-pullers.

Quote:
It’s good but certainly not great. If you think you have a profile that can do better, you probably shouldn’t settle for Dallas.

Any other perspectives ?

Hey stonecold, I read a similar review of the college and this has got me worried too. I would like to join an MBA program that has some sort of diversity in the class. Have you decided to join UTD or are you still exploring other options? What is your profile like? Also can you share some points on why you think the dual degree option at UTD is a good one?

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
D
Calling Naveen Jindal (UT Dallas) Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 06:12
tarun707 wrote:
stonecold wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Any other perspectives ?

Hey stonecold, I read a similar review of the college and this has got me worried too. I would like to join an MBA program that has some sort of diversity in the class. Have you decided to join UTD or are you still exploring other options? What is your profile like? Also can you share some points on why you think the dual degree option at UTD is a good one?

Posted from my mobile device

Hell NO!
I won't be joining UTD because I choose not to apply to UTD. For me diversity is everything. I need my social life. I am a major SUCKER for that overall MBA experience. II need a class that has students from 15-20 other countries.

Speaking of the entire university (not the B-school in general) UTD has a cluster load of Indians. WTH is the diversity?

SVP
SVP
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 14:46
stonecold wrote:

Hell NO!
I won't be joining UTD because I choose not to apply to UTD. For me diversity is everything. I need my social life. I am a major SUCKER for that overall MBA experience. II need a class that has students from 15-20 other countries.

Speaking of the entire university (not the B-school in general) UTD has a cluster load of Indians. WTH is the diversity?

Hi stonecold

I agree with your view about diversity but this may force you to avoid some schools.

BTW, UTD has more issues in quality of education. While all schools over the world have different profs types and there is good and bad, I did not like the schools from the negative opinion about many profs.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2018, 06:40
The profile of admits seems to suggest a different story though? 28% internationals versus 72% local. The campus is overrun with Indians as such but I think this program might be a tad better in diversity?
Re: Calling Naveen Jindal (UT Dallas) Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2018, 06:40

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 40 posts ] 

Calling Naveen Jindal (UT Dallas) Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap