Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [2]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
WE:Programming (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Schools: Simon '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
MsInvBanker wrote:
tadtoad wrote:
Thanks workout

I've actually already looked through the brief. I noticed 2018 had some 3 minute question while 2019 doesn't. Have they removed that from their interviews?

What 3 minute question tadtoad ?

I interviewed the last admissions cycle as well and I do not recall any such question.

Some of the interview debriefs have a written question that needs to be answered within 3 minutes in the chat window.

Just out of curiosity, what was the timeline like? From application to results and what round did you apply in?
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Kudos
Kumar02Abhishek wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
tadtoad wrote:
Thanks workout

I've actually already looked through the brief. I noticed 2018 had some 3 minute question while 2019 doesn't. Have they removed that from their interviews?

I interviewed the last admissions cycle as well and I do not recall any such question.

Some of the interview debriefs have a written question that needs to be answered within 3 minutes in the chat window.

Just out of curiosity, what was the timeline like? From application to results and what round did you apply in?

I applied for an MBA. Applied on the last day of R2 and got the invite towards end of January.

Now that I make an effort to think about it, there was a written question. I don't remember who I named as an inspiration there though.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q157 V156
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
MsInvBanker wrote:
tadtoad wrote:
Thanks workout

I interviewed last admissions cycle as well and I do not recall any such question.

Hi,

My interview experience wasnot good mainly because of poor connection. I couldn't express lot of things. Yes they will ask you one written question, a very soimple one. Nothing to worry. Just make sure about the things that you'd want to make the adcom know except for waht is already there in applicaiton in terms of your extra ciricular work.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Send PM
hunsism wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
tadtoad wrote:
Thanks workout

I interviewed last admissions cycle as well and I do not recall any such question.

Hi,

My interview experience wasnot good mainly because of poor connection. I couldn't express lot of things. Yes they will ask you one written question, a very soimple one. Nothing to worry. Just make sure about the things that you'd want to make the adcom know except for waht is already there in applicaiton in terms of your extra ciricular work.

They had technical problems last year. I waited for the AdcOm for like 15 minutes so that the interview can begin. She emailed me asking if I had forgotten about the interview and then realized the issue was from her side.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 53
Schools: Simon '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
How often do the applicant's professional references get a call?
What is the call like?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
MsInvBanker wrote:
tadtoad wrote:
Thanks workout

Hi MsInvBanker, from your past experience, roughly how long does it take for an applicant to hear back after the interview?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dbsheta wrote:
makbar wrote:
Hey guys,
Is anyone attending the Experience Weekend at Simon? I will be interviewing this Saturday.

Does Simon have rolling admissions? I thought they review all apps after deadline ie Oct 15th

Posted from my mobile device

They do rolling admissions; I received my interview invite on October 9 and interviewed on October 17.
Director
Director
Send PM
Kudos
Nautilus888 wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
tadtoad wrote:
Thanks workout

Hi MsInvBanker, from your past experience, roughly how long does it take for an applicant to hear back after the interview?

Thank you!

If I remember correctly, I heard back after 25 days or so.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
WE:Programming (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Very quiet these days, any updates from anyone?

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Nautilus888 wrote:

Not really. Submitted on 9th Oct but yet to receive a revert.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
What was the trend previous year? This year I think they sent some R1 interview decisions, and after that now some quiet period.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
aghosh54 wrote:
What was the trend previous year? This year I think they sent some R1 interview decisions, and after that now some quiet period.

Indeed, have you interviewed? Also nice to see you over here from the BC thread :D hope the interview went well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sharan05 wrote:
Nautilus888 wrote:

Seems quiet for most then. Based on previous year it seems that interviews should be rolling out at this time. Wish you all the best!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Nautilus888 wrote:
sharan05 wrote:
Nautilus888 wrote:

Seems quiet for most then. Based on previous year it seems that interviews should be rolling out at this time. Wish you all the best!

Thanks.. All the best to you and everyone else waiting for a response!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Send PM
Just a little busy what with deadlines and all but if anyone has any queries, I am here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MsInvBanker wrote:
Just a little busy what with deadlines and all but if anyone has any queries, I am here.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts