GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 09:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 00:10
thuytt wrote:
Hi all,
I really want to apply for Simon but as an international student, I failed to meet the IELTS requirement's for speaking part . Overall score is 7.5 but speaking score is 6.0

Anyone can advice me on this ? Thank you a lot in advance.

Hi thuytt

What was the language in which your undergrad studies were conducted? If it was English (I don't know much about Vietnam to make a guess), you could be exempted from the IELTS requirement.

If not, you will have to opt for another test.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 00:23
thuytt wrote:
Hi all,
I really want to apply for Simon but as an international student, I failed to meet the IELTS requirement's for speaking part . Overall score is 7.5 but speaking score is 6.0

There’s not much to advice really. Unless you meet the minimum score requirements, they won’t consider your application.

I suggest you reappear for IELTS and submit the application with an updated score.

Cheers

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Programming (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 01:08
thuytt wrote:
Hi all,

I think the TOEFL is much easier compared to the IELTS. I submitted the TOEFL and was surprised on how easy it was. I did the IELTS general test (not academic) 3 years ago and I found it a little tough... mostly the speaking.

Scored 108 on toefl and either 7.0 or 7.5 on IELTS.

Check reddit, there should be some guides.
Imperial College Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Retail Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 08:36
Hey guys it's been more than 20 days that most of us have submitted our apps. I asked current students and they told me that for them it took almost 2 weeks for an invite. Not clear why they are taking longer time this time around. What are your opinions?
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 08:40
aghosh54 wrote:
Hey guys it's been more than 20 days that most of us have submitted our apps. I asked current students and they told me that for them it took almost 2 weeks for an invite. Not clear why they are taking longer time this time around. What are your opinions?

That’s what everyone is clueless about. Even if they had to reject, they would’ve communicated the decision by now. I feel there is nothing to be worried about in this case, it may just be a case of delayed review or some other valid reason.

This week is crucial, lets hope for the best.

S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 08:44
ashucr777 wrote:
aghosh54 wrote:

That’s what everyone is clueless about. Even if they had to reject, they would’ve communicated the decision by now. I feel there is nothing to be worried about in this case, it may just be a case of delayed review or some other valid reason.

Does they send the ding letter at the same time?
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 08:46
aghosh54 wrote:

Hey, I was also thinking about the same thing especially when last year people received quick updates. One reason might be that they have received a lot of applications considering the STEM certification and hence it's taking time.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 08:49
aghosh54 wrote:
ashucr777 wrote:
aghosh54 wrote:

Does they send the ding letter at the same time?

I think so. Why would they keep the candidates waiting and unnecessarily delay conveying the decisions.

I’ve heard people have received interview invites after 25-30 days also.
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2019, 11:33
aghosh54 wrote:

As I have mentioned many times, Simon takes its time. Last time I got an interview invite after I had already given up hope. It was way more than 20 days after which I got my invite.

Just hang in there.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 08:56
Got an email for Simon’s updated Bloomberg ranking. But yet no sign of an interview invite.

S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 09:00
MBAFin2020 wrote:
Got an email for Simon’s updated Bloomberg ranking. But yet no sign of an interview invite.

Same here. My heart skipped a bit to see the email from Simon. :lol: :lol:
I just sent a mail to know more about the invites.
B
Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Nov 2019, 09:24
aghosh54 wrote:
MBAFin2020 wrote:

I can totally relate with you.
Ohh that’s great. Keep the forum posted on the update.

Originally posted by MBAFin2020 on 05 Nov 2019, 09:02.
Last edited by MBAFin2020 on 05 Nov 2019, 09:24, edited 2 times in total.
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 09:05
MBAFin2020 wrote:
aghosh54 wrote:
MBAFin2020 wrote:

I can totally relate with you ?
Ohh that’s great. Keep the forum posted on the update.

Sure. Will do that.
P

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 10:35
MBAFin2020 and aghosh54 there is still time. Hang in there.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.3
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 19:57
Got an interview invite last week! Will post the debrief once done with it. Good luck to those awaiting the verdict :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 20:36
ajtmatch wrote:
Got an interview invite last week! Will post the debrief once done with it. Good luck to those awaiting the verdict :)

That’s great. Best wishes to you.

What date is your interview scheduled for?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.3
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 21:42
Thanks bud! 13th November is the scheduled date.

MBAFin2020 wrote:
ajtmatch wrote:

That’s great. Best wishes to you.

What date is your interview scheduled for?

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 23:11
ajtmatch wrote:

All the best ajtmatch
Intern
Intern
B
WE: Programming (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 00:53
ajtmatch wrote:

Nice one! Congrats and good luck
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 06:43
Just received an interview invite for an in person interview in India in first week of December.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2019, 06:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 156 posts ] 

Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: MsInvBanker