Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Thank you mba2022tigger for posting an interview debrief!
https://gmatclub.com/forum/harvard-184/ ... brief-1054

Please PM me if you would like to get a giftcard.

Thanks!
BB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Anyone seen or heard of a https://gmatclub.com/chat or https://gmatclub.com/chat group for R1 candidates who have interviewed or waiting to interview? Seen a few for a couple other schools and wondering if anyone started one for HBS to swap interview experiences or other information.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I am not a big fan of https://gmatclub.com/chat groups (personal info and everything). But I do think there's value in setting up a chatroom on GMAT Club for HBS applicants. Would you guys be open to that? It will work on the GMAT Club app and of course the computer too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

Does anyone know about the scholarship process timeline for HBS R1 admits?

Thanks!
JK
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Afaik Harvard does not give merit based scholarships. It’s only need based and starts after admissions

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey guys, I noticed that HBS asks for a salary figure on the application. What figure does an entrepreneur who does not necessarily earn a regular monthly income provide?
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
If you can annualize out what you make (doesn't matter if it's not paid in regular intervals), I would go with that figure.

If you're not earning anything right now, that is also fine. Put the actual comp numbers in (they check these in the background check, so try to be as accurate as possible) and then use the Additional Information field to BRIEFLY explain your situation, including your ownership/equity in the firm, etc. This is a common situation, so don't worry about it at all!

csweet wrote:
Hey guys, I noticed that HBS asks for a salary figure on the application. What figure does an entrepreneur who does not necessarily earn a regular monthly income provide?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
5 days to decision and no post yet from the HBS admissions director. :|
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
sn198 wrote:
5 days to decision and no post yet from the HBS admissions director. :|

Let's hope to see a blog post on decisions on this Monday.

BTW guys, while you eagerly wait for your decisions, use main chat room to hang out will fellow applicants and calm your nerves.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
HBS DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 11 minutes ago, from United Kingdom, GMAT:730 (Q47 V42), Industry: Retail, WE 36, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 19 minutes ago, from Israel, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), GPA: 3, Industry: Computer Software, WE 59, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 24 minutes ago, from Viet Nam, GMAT:750 (Q50 V41), GPA: 3.7, Industry: Real Estate, WE 40, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 26 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q50 V44), GPA: 3.78, Industry: Pharmaceuticals and Biotech, WE 96, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
HBS DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 36 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 37 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 38 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750, GPA: 3.87, Industry: Pharmaceuticals and Biotech, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 40 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q50 V42), GPA: 3.8, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 42 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 43 minutes ago, from United Kingdom, GMAT:750 (Q49 V44), heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
It's time for R2 applicants to take over this discussion. We have separate threads for R1 admitted and waitlisted applicants. Look forward to applicants joining their respective threads.

Admitted Candidates https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 12740.html
Waitlisted Candidates https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 12741.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Hello Experts. I am applying for the R2. Please kindly help me on some questions:
1) I plan to write the essay and Post-MBA goal separately, means they don't really relate to each other. Do you think it is okay? My plan is:
- In the essay: I will try to show Adcom who I am; how I overcame difficulties and how such experience affect to what I am today; and how the experience affect how I lead (I am from an ethnic minority group in a developing country, had to work all the time during my college to earn my tuition & living fee but finally landed a government scholarship to support myself)
- In the post MBA goals: I plan to tell them about a technological project that I have planed for a long time with my friend who is a scientist. In this project, I will take part on the business strategy side. We have earned agreement to join us from 30+ scientists around the world and from some influential people such as a very well known astronaut. We also gained some significant funding from Europe to train our scientists as well. This project is to help providing the advanced technologies to my own country to improve people's lives. The project is still on planning stage and still needs lot of skills/expertise to make it happen so I thought I need an MBA for this purpose.
So as you see, the essay and my goal are not really related so I wonder if it will be a question mark to the adcom. I am thinking about showing the adcom different aspects of myself but please advise if I should make them connected.

2) I know 4 langues and English is my 4th. My TOEFL is okay (108/120) but my GMAT is much lower than the HBS's average (only 650; Q was 49 so maybe not terrible?). My question is can my academic performance cover this weak point ? (I graduated as valedictorian from Undergrad program which is Economics; 2/3 of my courses were in math related such as Econometrics/ Calculus/ Statistics/Business game/ Finance etc and all were A or B grades)

3) I am already 34 years old. Will it be a problem ?

4) I have a Master in Finance already and have 9 years experience in this field. Will it be a pause to adcome such as: maybe he doesn't need an MBA ...?

I am sorry if my questions sound like I am bragging out about my app but I just want to get as more specific advice as possible. I've finished almost everything for the writing now and in the re-reading/revise process so still have time to correct where I need to. Thank you a million and good luck to everyone!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Labmalo,

I think you meant to post your question in this topic: https://gmatclub.com/forum/chance-me-fo ... 5-440.html

Thx
:)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
bb wrote:
Hi Labmalo,

I think you meant to post your question in this topic: https://gmatclub.com/forum/chance-me-fo ... 5-440.html

Thx
:)

Oh I am sorry. I will copy it to the topic you mentioned now. Thank you for your advice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GPA: 4
Send PM
The Wharton India Economic Forum is back in its 24th Year with the annual India
conference and Startup Challenge on 10th January 2020 in St. Regis, Mumbai,
India.
 Ticket sales for the conference are now live at https://bit.ly/WIEF20 and we have
an exclusive discount code for all of you (FRIENDSOFWIEF) allowing you to get
tickets at a discounted price of 20$ (Regular price $55). 

If you are interested in sectors such as Education, Fin-tech, Healthcare, Finance,
Infrastructure, startups, and economic relations and policy
, this one is for you!  This year's conference will also feature the likes of Mr. Vikram Limaye ( Managing Director & CEO, National Stock Exchange of India Ltd ), Mr. Meetul Patel (COO, Microsoft India), Dr. Sangita Reddy(Joint Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals Group), Mr. Manish Maheshwari(MD, Twitter India), Mr. Gaurav Agarwal (Co-founder, 1mg.com), Mr. Ravi Gururaj (Indian Venture Capital Association), Mr. Rajinder Balaraman (Director, Matrix Partners), Mr. Sujoy Bose (MD, NIIF ), Mr. Aakash Chaudhry (CEO, Aakash Educational Services), and Mr. Ashwin Damera (Co-Founder, Eruditus) and many more.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51453 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
I will move this to spam soon, but i’m curious. Why would you promote this Wharton event on the HBS 2022 forum?

pgmba wrote:
The Wharton India Economic Forum is back in its 24th Year with the annual India
conference and Startup Challenge on 10th January 2020 in St. Regis, Mumbai,
India.
 Ticket sales for the conference are now live at https://bit.ly/WIEF20 and we have
an exclusive discount code for all of you (FRIENDSOFWIEF) allowing you to get
tickets at a discounted price of 20$ (Regular price $55). 

If you are interested in sectors such as Education, Fin-tech, Healthcare, Finance,
Infrastructure, startups, and economic relations and policy
, this one is for you!  This year's conference will also feature the likes of Mr. Vikram Limaye ( Managing Director & CEO, National Stock Exchange of India Ltd ), Mr. Meetul Patel (COO, Microsoft India), Dr. Sangita Reddy(Joint Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals Group), Mr. Manish Maheshwari(MD, Twitter India), Mr. Gaurav Agarwal (Co-founder, 1mg.com), Mr. Ravi Gururaj (Indian Venture Capital Association), Mr. Rajinder Balaraman (Director, Matrix Partners), Mr. Sujoy Bose (MD, NIIF ), Mr. Aakash Chaudhry (CEO, Aakash Educational Services), and Mr. Ashwin Damera (Co-Founder, Eruditus) and many more.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts