Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
Schools: HBS (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I sent an email to the HBS admissions email regarding this question, all I got in reply was a generic email that didn't answer my question[/quote]

Then try a phone call when during their business hours.[/quote]

Do they have a number for international calls?

Thanks,
HW[/quote]

Not to my knowledge.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: SWE
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
I like to understand if my profile has "fit" for Harvard 2 year MBA course.

GMAT: Yet to give expected 700+

Academics:
10th: 92.36% school 6th and 100% in Mathematics.
12th: 82%
Undergraduate: B.Tech Aerospace Engineering, SRM University, India.
CGPA: 8.86 - top 10%
Post graduate: Master's in Aeronautical and space systems, ISAE-SUPAERO, France
Marks: 13.6/20

Languages: English, French (intermediate), Japanese(Beginner).

WE: Total : 3y 1m and Internship for 6 months in France.
Present - 9 months: Boeing India
Software Simulation Engineer - Scrum Master

1) Built simulation models to be integrated to the simulator
2) Took initiative to Enable cosimulation between Matlab/Simulink and and the Simulator.
3) Set up Agile way of working for the team - Agile Project Management.

Certification: SAFe 4 Practitioner.

Extra-curricular:
1) Member of Society for Women Engineers - Technical Committee help in reviewing technical papers.
2) Member of department's Innovation Council and took initiative to set up Active Interests groups/clubs within the department.
3) Reverse Mentoring: Mentored a Senior Manager on Application of Agile Project Management which has directly inducted into his way of working.

2016-2018 - 2y 4m: Airbus India
Promoted from Associate Engineer to Engineer within 1 year.

1) Worked on Electrical Design and analysis
2) Trained Team members on process and technical information
3) Managed External team
4) Project management activities.

Extra-curricular:
1) Active member for Balance for Business community at Airbus. Took part in various road shows that showcased gender diversity at workplace.
2) Took initiative to set up Secondary competency framework for experience professionals on up-skilling.
3) Took initiative to introduce Work from home policy for the company.
4) Represented the department at inter-department Badminton Tournaments.

Certification: Design Thinking Workshop - IIM Bangalore

Extra-curricular at Colleges:
1) Secretary for EUROAVIA Toulouse for 2 years. Non-Profit organization for Aerospace skilling in students. Organized International workshop comprising of more than 5 nationalities in Space Debris awareness and removal. Published paper on this imitative at International Astronautical Conference - 2015
2) Organised an event called Aero-Cypher at Undergraduate which involves working with the wind tunnel
3) Zonal level school Ball Badminton Player.

Personal Project:
Founded Reach Higher a blog/website which helps students in deciding what courses to take after under graduation and one stop website for all their needs.

Post-MBA goals:
I like to work on my start idea on Education consultant and MBA from a top university will be the ideal foundation to take up my idea forward.
Send PM
Expert Reply
sandy1091 wrote:

Academics:

2) Took initiative to Enable cosimulation between Matlab/Simulink and and the Simulator.

Extra-curricular:
1) Member of Society for Women Engineers - Technical Committee help in reviewing technical papers.
2) Member of department's Innovation Council and took initiative to set up Active Interests groups/clubs within the department.
3) Reverse Mentoring: Mentored a Senior Manager on Application of Agile Project Management which has directly inducted into his way of working.

3) Managed External team

Extra-curricular:
1) Active member for Balance for Business community at Airbus. Took part in various road shows that showcased gender diversity at workplace.
2) Took initiative to set up Secondary competency framework for experience professionals on up-skilling.

1) Secretary for EUROAVIA Toulouse for 2 years. Non-Profit organization for Aerospace skilling in students. Organized International workshop comprising of more than 5 nationalities in Space Debris awareness and removal. Published paper on this imitative at International Astronautical Conference - 2015
2) Organised an event called Aero-Cypher at Undergraduate which involves working with the wind tunnel

Personal Project:
Founded Reach Higher a blog/website which helps students in deciding what courses to take after under graduation and one stop website for all their needs.

Post-MBA goals:
I like to work on my start idea on Education consultant and MBA from a top university will be the ideal foundation to take up my idea forward.

I am not that familiar with the 20-point grading scale used in your masters program, but your grades there seem to be much lower than your undergrad grades. Am I correct? And if so, did you struggle there?

Linda
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: SWE
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Accepted.com wrote:
sandy1091 wrote:

Academics:

Extra-curricular:

3) Managed External team

Extra-curricular:

Personal Project:

Post-MBA goals:

I am not that familiar with the 20-point grading scale used in your masters program, but your grades there seem to be much lower than your undergrad grades. Am I correct? And if so, did you struggle there?

Linda

Yes I had chosen my masters primarily with electrical engineering as a background while I came from aerospace. Hence gpa is low since my average on first year was low. But I did score good gpa on research projects on both the years.

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
sandy1091 wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
sandy1091 wrote:

Academics:

Extra-curricular:

3) Managed External team

Extra-curricular:

Personal Project:

Post-MBA goals:

Linda

Yes I had chosen my masters primarily with electrical engineering as a background while I came from aerospace. Hence gpa is low since my average on first year was low. But I did score good gpa on research projects on both the years.

HBS is a stretch, but depending on how you do on your GMAT, the other programs you list in your short profile are more feasible. Schools, including HBS, will like the fact that you are in a woman in an male-dominated industry as well as your undergrad grades and international exposure. They will have concerns about the grad GPA, and may want to see more leadership and impact. If you'd like help in presenting to highlight your past leadership and impact, please let me know. For now, please focus on the GMAT. Good luck with it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GRE 1: Q158 V155

GRE 2: Q163 V159

GRE 3: Q163 V159
WE:Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
JUST A DETAILED REVIEW OF WHAT I DO and what i am.... I work for a public sector bank wherein the government of India owns 55%... there is tough competition to get into this job.. its not a Investment bank or a foreign bank... its a government bank with a triple bottom line... it may be treated as government career as most of our day to day functions involve implementing government policies with respect to financial inclusion, out reach of credit to rural poor, improving agriculture sector through involvement with village governments, engaging with rural women to uplift them through Self help groups, etc ( and i have done this as a job for 3.5 of 4 years on a daily basis)

Background and nationality-
26 years , Indian, male,

Undergrad Information- Aerospace Engineer - SRM UNIVERSITY
7.32/10 GPA- top 25% of the class- (university level- TOP 40 in India)

GMAT: 730 ( on 3 gmat prep mocks -- test on Nov 7th with target of 770 which i will likely achieve)

Work experience and leadership - largest bank and financial services group (public sector) of the country ( back bone of the Indian economy )... State Bank of India (TOP 50 global bank and a F 500 company) .. selected as one of the 2000 officers out of 2.5 million applicants.

1. Credit analyst- 6 months- Commercial Credit- State Bank of India
Ensuring risk quality and credit quality aspects of proposals appraised keeping in view the credit policy of the bank. Performing industry analysis, due diligence processes, etc. Obtaining and analysing relevant financial information, including operating statements and balance sheets for carrying out CRA exercise/preparation of proposals for underwriting new loans, increasing loan commitments, periodical review or substantive changes in terms.Preparation of reports of Special Mention Accounts (NPA) for submission to the appropriate authorities.
Carrying out inspection of units as and when required and mandated in the loan agreement.Ensuring compliance with the bank’s credit policy, local regulatory requirements and compliance with the central bank. Coordinate with officers handling opreations to ensure timely updating and modification of data/terms and conditions/ date of review/approval etc are in the system as and when such change takes place for ensuring correctness of data and information. Achieved more than 35% growth over existing loan book of the asset management team that I worked in a span of 4 months. Appraised credit facilities to the tune of $99 million (Rs 705 cr). Handled 17 corporates accounts with a total exposure of $244.36 million.

2. Deputy Branch Manager of large branch- 1 year 2 months- State bank of India
Incharge of Branch Operations, the head of staff, and head of personal banking division at the branch level.Was directly responsible for the functioning, training, and working of 8 full time staff members. Was incharge of business development in the areas of customer acquisition, agriculture, bullion backed credit, personal segment advances, deposit mobilisation, and cross selling.
Achievements
MANAGING DIRECTOR’S CLUB- MUTUAL FUNDS- OUSTANDING PERFORMANCE IN Bank's MUTUAL FUNDS- 3RD IN THE STATE AMONG 19853 EMPLOYEES.
GOLD QUALIFIER IN YEAR END CAMPAIGN- MUTUAL FUND- FELICITATED BY CHIEF GENERAL MANAGER.. 7th among 19853 employees.
CHIEF GENERAL MANAGER’S CLUB- SBI GENERAL INSURANCE- TOP 3 IN THE STATE
Adjudged the best Deputy Branch Manager in the Network of 850 branches by the General Manager of the network
Adjudged the best Deputy Branch Manager in the Region of 48 branches by the Assistant General Manager/ Regional Manager
The following are the achievements of the team that I lead as the DBM
Gold loan campaign- Was among the 35 branches that qualified in the national level twice in 2 back to back months
QUALIFIED xyz CAMPAIGN- TOPPER AT THE NETWORK LEVEL AMONG 830 BRANCHES.
DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER’S CLUB – NOMINATED BY ALL THE DGMS IN THE STATE TO BE BEST BRANCH AMONG 1300 BRANCHES.

3. Branch Manager – 8 months- State Bank of India
As branch manager lead a team of 4 staff members with Rs35 millions of business. Primarily responsible for business development of the branch, functioning of the staff, marketing, appraising MSME credit proposals, ensuring due-diligence of all liability and asset products, and overall security measures of the branch premises.As Branch Manager and team lead, I had along with my team successfully tripled the number of deposit holders in a span of 6 months, increased the agri-gold loan business by 150% over the previous fiscal, sourced and apprised MSME loans to the value of 300% the asset portfolio of the branch, made the branch a 100% digitally banked rural branch from 15% previously by conducting digital awareness programs in the nearby villages, with the help of Sarpanchs ( head of the village level government) and also insured 85% of salaried factory workers from a previous level of 3% a feat appreciated by the GM of the network.

4. New recruit officer - 2 years- State Bank of India
Mandatory time of 2 years of learning of the bank policies and assisting the branch functionaries in business development.
Handled crowds of about 20,000 everyday for 3 months during the demonetization (lineups were 2-3 kms) exercise that took place in 2016 (the greatest challenge at the time).
Increased revenue of a branch by 50%.

Leadership
Leadership (extra-curricular):

1. Organiser and Head of Planning Committee – DEPARTMENT FEST – 2013
Organized and planned the UN international Space week in Aerospace Department. Planned, Created, and set-up events for participation. Coordinated and Managed 50+ volunteers for the success of the technical fest.

2. Joint Secretary and English teacher- a student based NGO- 2012-2013
Was a part of the management team of a student based NGO. As Joint Secretary, I developed syllabus and teaching functions, guidelines for environment awareness focus campaigns , put together the online campaigning strategy, formulated HR policies including setting up of different verticals , conducting interviews for on-boarding of volunteers, conducting induction programs for new volunteers of the newly formed NGO. I had also introduced Volunteer incentive program for extraordinary recognition. I was also given additional responsibility of being in charge of the book wings program where I planned, organized, scheduled classes on a weekly basis for teaching English to under-privileged children.

3. Director & President – student based ngo -2013-2015
As the director of Go Green, I was directly responsible for 200 volunteers. Organized Beach clean-up programs, environmental cleanliness awareness campaigns, water conversation campaigns, animal habitat restoration programs, sanitation awareness programs etc., . As the director, I was in charge of proper policy implementation of the NGO to ensure effective outreach of the awareness campaigns, build relationships with the external agencies for planning events of a larger scale, ensuring that every volunteer is well versed on climate change & sustainable development goals relating to environment and helping the junior volunteers in the on-boarding by conducting induction programs and team building exercises. As the first Director, I had an additional responsibility of formulating polices on succession of the directors and voting of green-captains .

4. Volunteer- Earthlings- 2015-present
active environmental activist in my city and region by participating in awareness programs and educating the general public.( couldnt take up a leadership position because of time constraints as i have 6 day week and have to come in even on sundays with a 15 hr work schedule... that being said i have always pitched my view because of my experience of running an NGO)

IF these count.. because all these are part of my job
1. Member of the District level committee on Industrial policy.
2. Member of the Mandal Level committee (one step lower than the district level) on banking, and financial inclusion.
3. Member and advisor of the Telangana State Industrial infrastructure corporation at the Mandal level.
4. Member of the Bank's regional committee on strategy and business growth.
5. Member of the Bank's regional committee on Agriculture, Self-help Group (women empowerment through banking), and small credits.

Community and others- (dont know what to write here) - Have a deep connection with nature and environment. Always been an active activist for environmental causes. Have been volunteering for the past 7 years of my life biweekly to raise awareness and continue to do so

Post MBA goals- Want to move to consulting with a specialization in public sector and climate policy and hope to make it to MBB after mba.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: HBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi, I wanted to get some views on whether I am likely to be accepted to HBS.

28 year old near east British female

At a summary level:

Education: MEng electronic engineering from a QS world top 10 university (but based in the UK) Graduated with a first and in the top 10 (4.0 GPA equivalent)

WE: have been working for 5 years in a FTSE100 telecoms company, largely in technical programme management roles. Managing matrix teams of up to 50 people and budgets of £10m. Responsible for rolling out some of the biggest product launches for the company bringing in £millions. Dotted line into CIO and now working on transformation projects.

Also did various internships in big name companies whilst at uni(not sure if relevant here?)

GMAT: 740

Objective for doing an MBA: largely to gain entrepreneurship skills.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
<deleted?

Originally posted by burnermba64 on 20 Oct 2019, 07:31.
Last edited by burnermba64 on 12 Sep 2021, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
lcarpenter wrote:
Hi, I wanted to get some views on whether I am likely to be accepted to HBS.

28 year old near east British female

At a summary level:

Education: MEng electronic engineering from a QS world top 10 university (but based in the UK) Graduated with a first and in the top 10 (4.0 GPA equivalent)

WE: have been working for 5 years in a FTSE100 telecoms company, largely in technical programme management roles. Managing matrix teams of up to 50 people and budgets of £10m. Responsible for rolling out some of the biggest product launches for the company bringing in £millions. Dotted line into CIO and now working on transformation projects.

Also did various internships in big name companies whilst at uni(not sure if relevant here?)

GMAT: 740

Objective for doing an MBA: largely to gain entrepreneurship skills.

You have a competitive profile for HBS. They will really like your international background, leadership experience, and (I suspect) a good personal story of a Near Eastern, British woman working in a male-dominated tech industry . Your academic stats are impressive too.

One suggestion: for your objective or post MBA goal, try to be more specific than "gain entrepreneurial skills." HBS weighs post MBA goals less than most business schools, but if it comes up in an interview, yours will sound shallow and general. For other programs -- and don't apply just to HBS -- goals are almost always going to be more important if not actually one of the criteria. Other programs for you to consider Stanford, Wharton, MIT Sloan, Columbia, Kellogg, and Booth.

If you'd like help with your applications, please let me know.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
ethanlayman wrote:
So I just found out about the Harvard 2+2 program, which sounds very appealing to me as I've just started my last semester of undergrad. My GMAT is 750 and my current GPA is 3.61 (hopefully 3.65 by the time I apply). The problem is until I took the GMAT I never imagined I would be applying for anything relatively close to Harvard, so I don't have a lot more to add to my application.

The 750 is only slightly better than the 740 median, and I'm not sure if it serves any advantage with my slightly below-average GPA. I don't have any internships/professional experience to add, but I plan to secure an internship starting early 2016 that I can at least mention. I have a year and a half's worth of work experience tutoring a variety of business courses, and the extent of my extracurricular activities is playing for the VCU ice hockey team.

Do I have any shot of getting in or should I save the $250?

Hi Ethan,

Congratulations on a great GMAT score! That's definitely the first step. Your GPA at VCU is also strong, but context matters, too. What is your major? Were most of your courses quantitative or engineering? If so, your GPA would shine even more. You talked about an internship -- in what space? Which companies are you shooting for? This matters, too, as Goldman Sachs will sparkle more than a regional bank and Bain will sparkle more than internal corporate strategy. Of course, you can make *ANY* of these paths shine with the right strategic positioning, but early name recognition does matter for HBS 2+2.

In addition to HBS, Yale SOM and UVA Darden have similar 2+2 type programs. You may also want to check out those.

You should definitely apply to HBS 2+2. What do you really have to lose? A small admissions fee and a lump of your time really aren't a very steep cost. If you are interested in Yale SOM and UVA Darden, I'd work on those applications before HBS 2+2. The reason is because HBS is a more generic application and the less differentiated applications are easier to do after you've already done a few more in-depth ones.

Like all 2+2 candidates, you'll have a lot less work experience than traditional HBS applicants. So you'll need to sell your extracurricular and academic/club leadership as persuasively as possible. Lots of people have better ECs in college than in the first few years of work (it can be hard to be leading volunteer groups when you are at the office 80+ hours a week!) but remember that you competing with 2+2 candidates here, not the HBS general pool, so you'll need to make sure you stand out even among *them.* You'll need to quantify impact of your ECs (e.g. how many people helped with volunteer effort, how much $ raised by charity drive, how many hours spent tutoring mentee, etc.) as much as possible. Helping younger applicants construct a solid application strategy to apply for the HBS 2+2 program is a specialty strength of ours. If you think that talking to one of our consultants may be helpful to you, feel free to reach out here: https://admissionado.com/free-consultat ... sultation/ Try to really sink into that form -- the more information you give us about your unique candidacy, the better we'll be at helping you position yourself.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
ethanlayman wrote:
So I just found out about the Harvard 2+2 program, which sounds very appealing to me as I've just started my last semester of undergrad. My GMAT is 750 and my current GPA is 3.61 (hopefully 3.65 by the time I apply). The problem is until I took the GMAT I never imagined I would be applying for anything relatively close to Harvard, so I don't have a lot more to add to my application.

The 750 is only slightly better than the 740 median, and I'm not sure if it serves any advantage with my slightly below-average GPA. I don't have any internships/professional experience to add, but I plan to secure an internship starting early 2016 that I can at least mention. I have a year and a half's worth of work experience tutoring a variety of business courses, and the extent of my extracurricular activities is playing for the VCU ice hockey team.

Do I have any shot of getting in or should I save the $250?

Hi Ethan,

Congratulations on a great GMAT score! That's definitely the first step. Your GPA at VCU is also strong, but context matters, too. What is your major? Were most of your courses quantitative or engineering? If so, your GPA would shine even more. You talked about an internship -- in what space? Which companies are you shooting for? This matters, too, as Goldman Sachs will sparkle more than a regional bank and Bain will sparkle more than internal corporate strategy. Of course, you can make *ANY* of these paths shine with the right strategic positioning, but early name recognition does matter for HBS 2+2.

In addition to HBS, Yale SOM and UVA Darden have similar 2+2 type programs. You may also want to check out those.

You should definitely apply to HBS 2+2. What do you really have to lose? A small admissions fee and a lump of your time really aren't a very steep cost. If you are interested in Yale SOM and UVA Darden, I'd work on those applications before HBS 2+2. The reason is because HBS is a more generic application and the less differentiated applications are easier to do after you've already done a few more in-depth ones.

Like all 2+2 candidates, you'll have a lot less work experience than traditional HBS applicants. So you'll need to sell your extracurricular and academic/club leadership as persuasively as possible. Lots of people have better ECs in college than in the first few years of work (it can be hard to be leading volunteer groups when you are at the office 80+ hours a week!) but remember that you competing with 2+2 candidates here, not the HBS general pool, so you'll need to make sure you stand out even among *them.* You'll need to quantify impact of your ECs (e.g. how many people helped with volunteer effort, how much $ raised by charity drive, how many hours spent tutoring mentee, etc.) as much as possible. Helping younger applicants construct a solid application strategy to apply for the HBS 2+2 program is a specialty strength of ours. If you think that talking to one of our consultants may be helpful to you, feel free to reach out here: https://admissionado.com/free-consultat ... sultation/ Try to really sink into that form -- the more information you give us about your unique candidacy, the better we'll be at helping you position yourself.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi,

Actually I have a dream of making it to Harvard2+2 or GSB Deferred MBA. Past 3 years have worked hard on this.
Please evaluate my profile and would be grateful if someone could give me a detailed outline of my strengths and key areas (profile).

Basic Info

Male
Indian
Undergraduate : Symbiosis International University
Degree : BBA -Information Technology
GPA : Sem 1- 7.26, Sem 2-7.54, Sem 3-7.8,Sem 4-7.71, Sem 5- 8.2
Average: 7.70 , in 4 Grade Scale it is - 3.29

Work/Internship Experience

--- Digital Marketer Intern for a Startup for 3 months in Feb 2018 - created an engaging app concept .B2B application.
---Volunteer assistant for Non-profit social Enterprise 2 moths Feb 2018 . - Lead a team of 10 , conducted event of over 150+ delegates and 30 speakers in health sector.
---Sales Head Intern for a Growing online education platform 2 months Aug 2018 .- With a team of 3 had sales of 1 lakh Rs and guiding 80+ students in career.
Promoted to Sales Operations Head Intern of City . - Lead Team of 10 with 60+ students in 1 month
--- Volunteer for Non-profit social Enterprise again at higher post , 3 months Oct 2018 to Dec. This event happened on larger scale in which lead a team of 20 and instrumented the event with 700+ delegates and 120 speakers across 4 Sectors.
--- Volunteer for NGO community which promoted qualities through sports and music for underprivileged kids. 3 months Feb 2019 . Helped 300-500 kids for their matches , music competitions etc.
---Volunteer for a Nasscom event in March 2019 . Resulted in smooth flow of 500+ participants .

Extracurricular Sports

---Zonal Level Boxer 2016-17 Bronze Medallist Under 16
--- District level Cricketer 2012-14 under 12,14
---Zonal level participant in Iken Scietifica
---School level participant in boxing (Silver) , Taekwondo(Bronze) , Athletics , Football,Cricket .

Extracurricular Involvement

---International Cell Head for Undergrad 2019 . Conducted 3 events for international students .Helped and guided them in studies ,culture, for 20-30 International Students.
--- Placement Cell Coordinator for my Undergrad 2019. Coordinated and conducted placements for students with 5 companies.
--- Founder and Head for Clubs in Undergrad 2018 .Conducted 2 events and also lead a team of 10 for various activities for college.
--- Participant in Sponsored Cancer walk(5kms) in which I collected 5k and received a gold medal by school for maximum contribution.
--- Received a award for Gentlemanly qualities in school 2016.

Additional Certifications

--- HarvardX certificate online course Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies on Edx platform
--- Nanodegree in Digital Marketing Udacity
--- Google certificate in Digital Marketing
--- Business Blogging , Content Marketing Certificate on Hubspot Academy .

Projects

---Missing Faces
A project in which my team of 10 with a mentors (College professor, Entrepreneur, Coder) are making an app for children who are lost . This also connects entities I.E Parents, Police and NGO's . Had successful meeting with City police , Ngos . App currently under-development.

---GovConnect
Supported by The Governor of Union Territory and one of the most Influential Women in India. Creating an app for connecting all the governors across country and also establishing security and making user friendly app.

---------------------------

I am planning to give my Gmat in this month . Have scored 720 in my mock tests .
I believe I have a strong story to tell.

Career Goals : I want to contribute towards soceity development and also have a passion to grow in the field of Entrepreneurship and marketing .

Please do guide me ...
Looking forward !!!!!!!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
gagan2 wrote:
Hi,

Actually I have a dream of making it to Harvard2+2 or GSB Deferred MBA. Past 3 years have worked hard on this.
Please evaluate my profile and would be grateful if someone could give me a detailed outline of my strengths and key areas (profile).

Basic Info

Male
Indian

--- Digital Marketer Intern for a Startup for 3 months in Feb 2018 - created an engaging app concept .B2B application.
---Volunteer assistant for Non-profit social Enterprise 2 moths Feb 2018 . - Lead a team of 10 , conducted event of over 150+ delegates and 30 speakers in health sector.
---Sales Head Intern for a Growing online education platform 2 months Aug 2018 .- With a team of 3 had sales of 1 lakh Rs and guiding 80+ students in career.
Promoted to Sales Operations Head Intern of City . - Lead Team of 10 with 60+ students in 1 month
--- Volunteer for Non-profit social Enterprise again at higher post , 3 months Oct 2018 to Dec. This event happened on larger scale in which lead a team of 20 and instrumented the event with 700+ delegates and 120 speakers across 4 Sectors.
--- Volunteer for NGO community which promoted qualities through sports and music for underprivileged kids. 3 months Feb 2019 . Helped 300-500 kids for their matches , music competitions etc.
---Volunteer for a Nasscom event in March 2019 . Resulted in smooth flow of 500+ participants .

Extracurricular Sports

---School level participant in boxing (Silver) , Taekwondo(Bronze) , Athletics , Football,Cricket .

---International Cell Head for Undergrad 2019 . Conducted 3 events for international students .Helped and guided them in studies ,culture, for 20-30 International Students.
--- Placement Cell Coordinator for my Undergrad 2019. Coordinated and conducted placements for students with 5 companies.
--- Founder and Head for Clubs in Undergrad 2018 .Conducted 2 events and also lead a team of 10 for various activities for college.
--- Participant in Sponsored Cancer walk(5kms) in which I collected 5k and received a gold medal by school for maximum contribution.

--- HarvardX certificate online course Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies on Edx platform

Projects

---Missing Faces
A project in which my team of 10 with a mentors (College professor, Entrepreneur, Coder) are making an app for children who are lost . This also connects entities I.E Parents, Police and NGO's . Had successful meeting with City police , Ngos . App currently under-development.

---GovConnect
Supported by The Governor of Union Territory and one of the most Influential Women in India. Creating an app for connecting all the governors across country and also establishing security and making user friendly app.

I am planning to give my Gmat in this month . Have scored 720 in my mock tests .

Career Goals : I want to contribute towards soceity development and also have a passion to grow in the field of Entrepreneurship and marketing .

Please do guide me ...

Hi,

I am also planning to apply for deferred programs abroad. I can't really speak about the other things but your academics seem a little weak. Especially for an Indian male candidate. Try to push up your GMAT score since you can't change your GPA. The average for 2+2 is 740.
Also try to flesh out your goals a little bit. Social work, entrepreneurship and Marketing all sound very generic.
All the best for your GMAT

Send PM
Expert Reply
gagan2 wrote:
Hi,

Basic Info

Male
Indian

Extracurricular Sports

Projects

---Missing Faces

---GovConnect

Please do guide me ...

I have a couple of suggestions for you before I I respond to your question:

1. Don't translate your GPA unless a school asks you to do so. Usually the "translation" appears lower than it should.
2. Achievements from your earlier teens are irrelevant when you apply to graduate school, even a deferred admissions program. Even high school achievements or awards, unless truly remarkable, aren't of much interest to grad school admissions committees. Focus on what you've done in college.

In terms of your main question, I think Stanford and HBS are a stretch. Your GPA is rather average for these programs and your anticipated GMAT is below average. Your experience is good, but I'm not sure it's good enough for Harvard and Stanford. You may want to consider Darden's deferred admissions program (Future Years Scholars Program) or wait to apply to regular MBA programs after a few years of work experience. Or simply apply to H/S and see how you do. But also look in to Darden's program.

Best,
Linda
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi!

I am 24, Indian, UG in Computer Science Engineering.

Work ex: Consulting at Tier-II consulting firm ( Fortune 500 professional services company) - Got a policy exception to join consulting from technology without an MBA - the youngest member of consulting practice at my company in India - due for promotion which will make 3 promotions in 3 years of my career at the company.

Extra-curricular:

1. Trustee of a sports foundation - We train underprivileged kids in sports for free with an aim to make them professional athletes. This foundation is under leadership of an accomplished Paralympian
2. Advisor to an NGO which has fixed over 500 garbage dumps in India
3. Advisor to Member of Parliament ( Congressman ) - Help him with policies and initiatives around startups and tech

Reason for MBA - Get a deeper understanding of business and global markets and build a global network. I want to come back to India post-MBA and work for a VC along with helping the government in building a strong startup ecosystem for my country.

I am planning to write an MBA in the next 4 months and apply to class of 2021. You advice will be very helpful formulizing my strategy going forward.

Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi!

I am 24, Indian, UG in Computer Science Engineering.

Work ex: Consulting at Tier-II consulting firm ( Fortune 500 professional services company) - Got a policy exception to join consulting from technology without an MBA - the youngest member of consulting practice at my company in India - due for promotion which will make 3 promotions in 3 years of my career at the company.

Extra-curricular:

1. Trustee of a sports foundation - We train underprivileged kids in sports for free with an aim to make them professional athletes. This foundation is under leadership of an accomplished Paralympian
2. Advisor to an NGO which has fixed over 500 garbage dumps in India
3. Advisor to Member of Parliament ( Congressman ) - Help him with policies and initiatives around startups and tech

Reason for MBA - Get a deeper understanding of business and global markets and build a global network. I want to come back to India post-MBA and work for a VC along with helping the government in building a strong startup ecosystem for my country.

I am planning to write an MBA in the next 4 months and apply to class of 2021. You advice will be very helpful formulizing my strategy going forward.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Schools: HBS '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi,
You have a strong work experience and good volunteering work. Goals need little refinement, and try to bring passion into goals and essays.
Get GMAT and TOEFL done as soon as possible.
Good luck with app.
:)

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  53   
Moderators:
HBS and Wharton Moderator
55 posts
HBS & Haas Moderator
151 posts