Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 16:18 It is currently 12 May 2024, 16:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas EWMBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2023 [#permalink]
This wait is agonizing y'all. Hope it is out by or before 5pm.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
Bookmarks
Just got the update and I'm in!!! Good luck to everyone else waiting for an update today!
Current Student
Send PM
Yes just got my Admit as well. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting on a decision.

Im from Austin, TX for anyone else applying from the same city :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
I got dinged, even though I did everything they asked me in re-applying. I guess the whole feedback-re-application thing is balogne.
Current Student
Send PM
conry31 wrote:
I got dinged, even though I did everything they asked me in re-applying. I guess the whole feedback-re-application thing is balogne.

Did they give you a reason? your GMAT Score looks top notch. Quite surprised on that outcome. Sorry for the Ding. Perhaps again or another school ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I’m in too! Good luck everyone!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations to all been admitted.
Anyone in last round? I've applied late, and they said the result will come out on June 26th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
Bajaroadie wrote:
conry31 wrote:

Did they give you a reason? your GMAT Score looks top notch. Quite surprised on that outcome. Sorry for the Ding. Perhaps again or another school ?

They did not give a reason. Same exact rejection letter as I got 2 years ago even though I followed their suggestions to the letter.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GRE 1: Q158 V163
GPA: 2.92
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
blinda wrote:
Congratulations to all been admitted.
Anyone in last round? I've applied late, and they said the result will come out on June 26th.

Last round here. June 26 is super late, I'm hoping they can get back to us sooner. Don't want it too close to the FAFSA deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
I've been asked by a few people about the feedback and my ding, so I am going to respond here instead of individually. I'm a weird candidate, so I wouldn't take my results as a harbinger of doom.

First, the feedback is a great service to applicants who are really interested in Haas or who might reapply elsewhere for that matter. I was rejected with an interview in 2018. Around early to mid August, they emailed to let me sign up for a feedback session. It was a phone call that lasted 15-20 minutes conducted by the woman who had interviewed me. She gave me about 5 pieces of advice.

1. She said to improve my GMAT (my son was born around the time I was applying in 2018 and I knew I could get 700+ but I couldn't seal the deal). I thought I heard her say to get my Quant up to 49, but I did not write that down. I ended up getting it up to 720 but with a low Quant. For me, the challenge of the GMAT was balancing the scores. I can get great Quant scores and amazing Verbal scores, I just have trouble doing both wishing a 2 hour period.

2. She said to strengthen my quantitative abilities. I was pretty well practiced in 2018 and got a 48 Quant. As stated above I think she said to get a 49 but cannot find that in my notes. I was going to take a statistics class or some other pre-mba quant booster, but life happened. The failure to do this is likely why my application failed this year.

3. She said to clarify my career goals and improve my personal statement. Originally, my MBA goal was very vague because I just wanted to move back to the US and rejoin the American work force. This time I had clear goals and an explanation of why an MBA would help me get there.

4. She said to do some volunteering to boost my recent leadership experience. I think this one was kind of not paying attention. I have crazy leadership experience and volunteering (RPCV, started my own business that had up to 12 employees etc). I volunteered with my undergraduate alumni association and organized an new alumni welcome party for the bay area. I also got a position in HR at a bay area company where I advise others on leadership and management. Finally, since my last app had 2 employer Letters of Reference I got a LOR from my boss in the Peace Corps.

5. She said to wait another year to apply and target the first round. I waited the year but it took until late February for me to prepare the GMAT so I applied third round.

6. I wrote a personal statement that focussed on resilience in 2018 and she thought it was about failure. (Structure was this failure led to growth and this bigger success, I thought it was pretty good, lol).

In the end, the advice given was honest, concrete, and actionable. If you got dinged and really like Haas or want to wait another year to apply, I recommend you do the feedback.

I was pretty frustrated on Friday when I got the news but it's a great program and a great school. I should probably have waited another year to apply so that I could highlight having done all those things more clearly. That being said, I haven't decided what's next, maybe I'll make my wife sit through another round of me applying, I mean, she hasn't killed me yet.

Cheers all. Congrats to Admits!
Haas EWMBA Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
conry31 Thank you for the in-depth debrief which is very helpful :please: Also sorry that you didn't get in this year. I hope you will get what you want in the near future!
Current Student
Send PM
Is anyone here planning to commute from out of state (Texas in specific). Wanted to see logistics of travel. DOn't see a whole lot of flights form Austin that match the timing for a Saturday class.

would love to chat on this.

Thanks
Baja
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Anyone else got any updates? I was waitlisted and rx’ed a letter saying decision would be on June 24th
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sbei84 wrote:
Anyone else got any updates? I was waitlisted and rx’ed a letter saying decision would be on June 24th

Hi, which round did you apply and when did they tell you that you were waitlisted?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
pmehra7 wrote:
Good luck to all R1 applicants this week!

Will we all be hearing via email on the 7th? Does Haas call applicants for the EWMBA program?

Applied Round-3 - Waitlisted on June 5th
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone hear back yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [5]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, I also applied in the last round. Have not heard anything yet.I will make sure to post as soon as I get an update. Good luck everyone!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts